as of tomorrow, Mei-Ling will be::

As of tomorrow, [name]Mei[/name]-Ling’s legal name will be::

[name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling!!

I’m so excited that hubby finally came around and warmed up to [name]Dahlia[/name]. Actually he’s still totally in love with [name]Anastasia[/name], but in the end, he couldn’t deny that [name]Dahlia[/name] fits her better. And calling her [name]Lia[/name] just feels right… she’s definitely a little [name]Lia[/name]…
She’s got so many nicknames already but [name]Lia[/name] defintely fits her best. we have a nephew who’s been calling her [name]Mei[/name]-[name]Mei[/name]… which is also super cute on her…
anyway… thanks to everyone who gave us their input… thanks to [name]Jill[/name] who suggested the perfect name for our babygirl… we really couldn’t have made this decision so quickly without all of you…

Congratulations! [name]Dahlia[/name], and [name]Lia[/name], are darling - unusual, quirky, feminine and pretty.

Congratulations! You have chosen a beautiful name :slight_smile:

Congratulations from all of us at nameberry!

It’s a beautiful name for an adorable girl! Congratulations!

Congratulations on picking a name for your little darling!

Congratulations! [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-ling is beautiful… FYI, among mandarin-speaking pple, mei-mei also means ‘little sister’, although the chinese character for it is different from the [name]Mei[/name] in [name]Mei[/name]-ling’s name. Sometimes, extended family also refer to the baby girl in the whole family as mei-mei… so it becomes a term of endearment and affection, but it makes clear that this little girl is the baby of the family. I just thought it was an adorable and warm fact for you to know since your nephew is calling her mei-mei. ??

Congratulations… [name]Dahlia[/name] [name]Mei[/name]-Ling is a lovely name. I love [name]Lia[/name] as a nickname. You helped us solve a naming dilemma too. I think we are going to name our daughter [name]Julia[/name] but call her “[name]Lia[/name]”. Great idea!!!