Asha - sweet? Trendy? Or just no.

I have a friend who recently named her precious new one [name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]. I love it!! [name_u]Love[/name_u] the meaning. As any good berry I wondered what my fellow nameberry’s would think of this name. Can [name_f]Asha[/name_f] hold the test of time? Thoughts?

Usually I don’t like short, nickname-ey names lol but I know a girl named [name_f]Asha[/name_f] and it really suits her. I’m not quite sure how it will go on a grown woman or an elderly woman, but it sure suits her as a kid! I still think it could work though, especially with a more grown-up middle name like [name_f]Louise[/name_f].

It’s not bad, just not my style. I can appreciate it for what it is.

Really like it, feels very multicultural too.

Not a fan … I have a half-Algerian friend named Aichia, and I much prefer that. [name_f]Asha[/name_f] seems sort of unfinished, to me.

It’s cute and pretty. It’s also not very common without being obscure.

I like it! I think it’s sweet but not too trendy.

I like it! I’ve known an [name_f]Asha[/name_f] and an [name_f]Aysha[/name_f], both stylish, professional women, so that’s how I see it. But it would be cute on a kid too. I’m starting to really love these short/sweet ones.

It looks really pretty but I dislike the sound. A real possibility for moving up in popularity.

I think this name is beautiful. It sound classic but also has a lovely modern feel. And the name [name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] simply sounds darling.

I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Asha[/name_f]. I think it would pair well with a more girly middle name.

[name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] works nicely.

I think of it as [name_m]Asher[/name_m] (a boys name)

Years ago I heard this name on a tv show. It is so pretty! I thought it was fresher than [name_u]Ashley[/name_u], which was so common at the time. It is character from the Game of Thrones universe too (the novels), so the name is appealing to me.

It’s my cousin’s name, she’s half [name_f]Indian[/name_f] (but British living in the UK). It doesn’t feel dated to me at all, she’s a teenager now but it feels quite timeless/ageless especially since it’s unusual in the English-speaking world.

I like it a lot, I think her parents did a great job of finding something that works in both cultures and honours her heritage. Her brother is [name_u]Rohan[/name_u] which I think is great too.

I prefer [name_m]Asher[/name_m] on a boy but both [name_f]Asha[/name_f] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] are pretty popular for girls in Australia (both are said the same and there is a well known actress named [name_m]Asher[/name_m]). [name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is a wonderful name and [name_f]Asha[/name_f] is much fresher then [name_u]Ashley[/name_u].

I teach kindergarten and over the past couple of years there have been three Ashas. I also know a cat called [name_f]Asha[/name_f]. I think it’s pretty popular in my area.

This is the first time I have heard of this name! I really like it. Seems fresher than [name_m]Asher[/name_m], [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], [name_f]Ashely[/name_f] but still familiar. [name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is a darling name combo.

[name_f]Asha[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f] is a stunning combination. :slight_smile: Is it pronounced as [name_u]ASH[/name_u]-uh, or with a long A?