Asher ______ Bryn

I’ve recently embraced my inner Welsh. :slight_smile: [name]Bryn[/name] is a Welsh name I have always loved, but its growing popularity for girls in the past few years has put me off. I don’t think it’s terrible in the MN spot, though, and [name]Bryn[/name] has a lot of cultural and religious (“You are the light of the world… a city on a hill cannot be hidden…” mostly paraphrasing, but I’m guessing most Christians will pick up on it. :)) significance to me. I’ve only ever met one [name]Bryn[/name], and he was a boy, so it just seems to fit for me. I’ve been looking for a short-and-sweet MN to finish off my [name]Asher[/name] combo, so I thought [name]Bryn[/name] work there.

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] is the combo I’ve been playing with, but I’m not sure about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]. I’m kind of picky about what I like after [name]Patrick[/name] (and [name]Asher[/name], for that matter, lol), so I’m not sure I am in love with the combo as a whole. WDYT of it, and any other ideas to put between [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Bryn[/name]? My other two top candidates for [name]Asher[/name] had been [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]–would those work with [name]Bryn[/name], do you think?

I especially like the idea of [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name], in theory, because then his middle initials would also honor my grandfather (who was only just L. B.–not short for anything).

Thanks, Berries!

I think [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] could work. [name]Bryn[/name] seems a little feminine to me but I know 3 Brynnas so I think that is just my associations. I think it totally works for you though! What about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Linus[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]. I remember [name]Linus[/name] used to be an MN for you and I think it would work perfect for you here if you are not sold on [name]Leopold[/name]. I think [name]Asher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] could be nice as well though.

I absolutely adore the name [name]Asher[/name] (well, I named my son [name]Asher[/name], so I’m just a wee bit biased!)… I think both [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] sound wonderful. I’m less enthusiastic about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] [name]Bryn[/name], but I have very bad personal associations with a [name]Patrick[/name], so again, might be biased. :slight_smile:

I love [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]! It’s a great mix of contemporary sounds and ye olde names.

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] is perfect! :slight_smile: [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Bryn[/name] are very modern, but [name]Leopold[/name] balances them out. Nice!

Edited for privacy.

Thanks, ladies! Any other ideas? None of these are really striking me. I probably like [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] the best, but it does feel quite thrown together and a bit mismatched.

@saracita00 - I don’t mind [name]Pascal[/name], but I’m not a [name]Lawrence[/name] fan, sorry. I do like the similar [name]Laurent[/name], but I’m not crazy about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Laurent[/name] [name]Bryn[/name].

I really like [name]Asher[/name] [name]Leopold[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]. If it’s between the two I would go with [name]Leopold[/name] to honor your grandpa.
other ideas-
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Liam[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]

What about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]? I think it would be perfect for you :slight_smile:

I’m with saracita00. [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Bryn[/name] feel “light” and I think you need a “heavy” name to balance them out. Here are some “L” ideas:

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lachlan[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lamont[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Langston[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lawson[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lazarus[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Leland[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lemuel[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Leonardo[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Levi[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lincoln[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Linus[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lionel[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lorcan[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lucas[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Lucius[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]

Here are some additional suggestions:

[name]Asher[/name] [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Jonathan[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Malachi[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Sebastian[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Emmanuel[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Frederick[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Gregory[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Jacoby[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Jameson[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Julius[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Matthias[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Remington[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Solomon[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]
[name]Asher[/name] [name]Tobias[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]

Are there any nice, longer family surnames you could use?

Thanks, ladies! I do love [name]Everett[/name] and [name]Lincoln[/name], but [name]Everett[/name] is a FN on my top 3, and I’m strongly considering [name]Lincoln[/name] as a FN to complete out my top 10, so I’d rather not use either of them.

@agirlinred, I do really like [name]Asher[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]! I had been tossing around [name]Asher[/name] [name]Dominic[/name] earlier but I wasn’t sure I loved it. I think I like [name]Patrick[/name] and [name]Leopold[/name] more than [name]Dominic[/name], and I’m not sure about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Donovan[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]…

As for longer family names… lol, there’s not really any. Out of the four boys in my immediate family I’d like to honor, 3 of them are [name]John[/name] [name]Robert[/name] (all of which are honored by my second choice for a boy, [name]Jack[/name] [name]August[/name] [name]Cole[/name]), and the other family member would be my grandfather (LB). I have thought about some boy alternatives for the ladies I’d like to honor, and some options I’ve come up with are [name]Beckett[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Kieran[/name], [name]Rupert[/name], [name]Gray[/name]/[name]Grayson[/name], or any Christmasy name ([name]Joseph[/name], [name]Nicholas[/name], [name]Gabriel[/name], etc., since my sister and I both have one [name]Christmas[/name]-inspired name in our full names). I feel like a [name]Christmas[/name] name with [name]Asher[/name] might be a bit of overload, though, since [name]Asher[/name] already has [name]Ash[/name] like my name does, and I’m not sure about using [name]Beckett[/name] since it’s also a FN consideration for my top 10. My family names for the boys’ are fairly limited, lol, unless I go back farther in my family tree, where the names don’t have as much significance to me. And family surnames… not very attractive ones, haha. There’s basically [name]Smith[/name], Kauffman, or Chilson, none of which sound cool enough for me to really want to pass down. Although I like the idea of Chilson, sort of–my grandmother said that she had family on that side that came over on the Mayflower… I don’t know how true it is, but there are people on the Mayflower who had a similar surname (Chilton, possibly? I can’t remember off-hand). A Mayflower name might be nice, too. The only cool one I can think of off-hand is [name]Peregrine[/name], but I’m not sure about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Peregrine[/name]. [name]Peregrine[/name] seems bold enough of a choice that it seems kind of lame to hide it away in the MN spot…

ETA: Oh, [name]Conrad[/name] is an option I’ve been tossing around, too. It’s the name of the street my family grew up on, so I like the significance. I’m not sure about [name]Asher[/name] [name]Conrad[/name]/[name]Asher[/name] [name]Conrad[/name] [name]Bryn[/name], though…

Personally I am not a fan of 2 middle names, seems like too much name to carry, and I think [name]Asher[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] sounds just fine on its own. However, it is your son not mine so if you are set on two middle names then go for it. I really like another poster’s suggestion of [name]Asher[/name] [name]Dominic[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] that flows wonderfully and has a lot of presence. What about your grandfather’s last name, that would be really cute especially if it is your maiden name :slight_smile: I see from your signature that you are adopting so maybe it might work to let the child keep his original name for the empty spot, just a suggestion though. DH and I have always talked about adoption in the future and we always said we would let them keep their name for a middle name as way to honor where the came from though. [name]Just[/name] some suggestions, I hope you find your name :slight_smile:

I agree with @mommy2five about the LN. Is the grandfather’s LN the same as yours? Is it usable? I cannot remember if you have mentioned whether or not you are married but I love the idea of the maiden name if you are! If your grandfathers name really was just LB then I think any L or B name would honor him on either gender. I think it would be close enough without having to do both the L and the B together! No one outside of your family, and well Nameberry I guess ;), would know that it was to honor him so I think one letter is good enough.

I love [name]Asher[/name] [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Bryn[/name]! I think it’s beautiful! I respect the LB tribute, too, though, so whatever you decide on is nice.

I haven’t any idea why, but [name]Asher[/name] [name]Aurelius[/name] [name]Bryn[/name] is the first name that popped to mind.