asher or rhys?

I just had a second baby boy- I am having big time name second thoughts! My first son is [name]Owen[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]. I was between [name]Asher[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] for my second son and ended up going with [name]Rhys[/name]. I like that [name]Rhys[/name] is Celtic like [name]Owen[/name] but I keep thinking how much I liked [name]Asher[/name]! My worries with [name]Asher[/name] was it may becoming trendy and also it is a different style then [name]Owen[/name], so not sure if it was a good sibling fit. I need some opinions and advice!! Thanks! [name]Asher[/name] or [name]Rhys[/name] and why???

[name]Hi[/name]! I’m so sorry you’re having name doubts. :frowning: For what it’s worth, I really love [name]Rhys[/name], and think it’s perfect with [name]Owen[/name] in every way. :slight_smile: I think that [name]Asher[/name] is handsome, too, but with [name]Owen[/name], I can better see [name]Rhys[/name]. If you’re not comfortable with [name]Rhys[/name] though, you could always change his name to [name]Asher[/name] if that’s what feels right to you.

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

Firstly I really like both [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name], I also like [name]Asher[/name] [name]James[/name] and [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name].

However, my vote is for [name]Asher[/name] [name]James[/name] because I like its modern vibe and I adore [name]James[/name] forever, I think the name stands out beautifully and I like [name]Owen[/name] and [name]Asher[/name] both modern, both short, both masculine, easy to say, handsome need I say more?

Yay for brothers [name]Asher[/name] and [name]Owen[/name]!

My husband thinks I am crazy and says we cannot change his name after the fact- so I guess I am going to stick with [name]Rhys[/name]. I think the fact that many do not know his name, actually the spelling is what throws them, so I keep rethinking it and wondering if I made a poor choice. I do love the sound of it and I think it is very cool the traditional Welsh way of [name]Rhys[/name], even if I get a lot of slack for it! Maybe one day I will have another and go with [name]Asher[/name]?! [name]How[/name] does [name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name], and [name]Asher[/name] sound???

I’m so sorry you’re unhappy with your choice (or at least doubting it). If I remember correctly, I think you had another poll here on this topic, and the comments were overwhelmingly positive and in favor of [name]Rhys[/name]. As for people not being familiar with his name, I think that’s reflective of them and their lack of exposure, not of your choice of name.

I personally love the traditional spelling, and am glad you didn’t go with [name]Reese[/name]. If people can pronounce [name]Reese[/name], they can learn to pronounce [name]Rhys[/name], and if they’ve not seen [name]Rhys[/name] before, your son will be able to educate them. :slight_smile:

I think that [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Owen[/name] are beyond perfect together, and I hope that as time goes on, you’ll feel more comfortable with your choice, celebrating and enjoying such a handsome name. :slight_smile:

As for [name]Asher[/name] with [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Owen[/name], I can definitely see it, but I can also see another Irish or Welsh name.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I thought you may feel encouraged by positive comments from the other thread: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

Take care! :slight_smile:

I love a sibset of [name]Owen[/name], [name]Rhys[/name] and [name]Asher[/name].

[name]Rhys[/name]!!! It has more to it. [name]Asher[/name] is good - if trendy - but [name]Rhys[/name] is great!

[name]Asher[/name] is a great name but I love [name]RHYS[/name]!!!

I think your made a great choice! And it’s great with [name]Owen[/name] :slight_smile:

Oh I am so glad I posted here- Nameberry just seems to have such savvy people on here. I was just so worried since so many people have given me such a hard time about the name [name]Rhys[/name], well really the spelling [name]RHYS[/name]. I just keep thinking about the feedback here and it makes me feel so much better. THANKS!! iHis teacher at daycare even asked me if I invented the spelling!

As a Nameberry-educated person in regards to the pronunciation and spelling of [name]Rhys[/name], I think it’s very nice and I love the combination of [name]Rhys[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]!

[name]Hi[/name]! His teacher thought you invented the spelling? Wow…See, that’s what I was saying in terms of the reactions reflecting other people’s lack of knowledge as opposed to your choice of name. [name]Reese[/name] is [name]Reese[/name] Witherspoon to me, but I think that [name]Rhys[/name] is handsome, intelligent, masculine, athletic, and downright awesome! :slight_smile:

I love Nameberry, too, and am glad people’s posts cheered you up. :slight_smile: Oh! I just remembered that a poster recently decided she was naming her baby boy [name]Rhys[/name], which may make you feel better, too. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

All I can say of the teacher is that she is an ignoramus in the name department, and I am not talking about the name nerd department, but EVERYONE knows you spell it as [name]RHYS[/name]!