Asher?

What do you think of the boys’ name [name_m]Asher[/name_m]?

Usually, I don’t like names of this sort, but [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is actually pretty appealing. I miles prefer [name_m]Asher[/name_m] over [name_u]Ashton[/name_u].

What’s your view on [name_m]Asher[/name_m]?

It seems to be getting a lot of love on the forums lately and it was in the top 100 last year. Personally I like it but am not planing on using it.

I really like [name_m]Asher[/name_m], it’s been an interesting one on my lists and I’d probably use it if my husband liked it. Also like that it’s a less popular biblical name and love the nn [name_u]Ash[/name_u]

I don’t dislike it but I don’t care much for it either, it reminds me too much of ash. I have to agree with you though, I also would prefer [name_m]Asher[/name_m] over [name_u]Ashton[/name_u].

I’m not a fan of these super modern names but it certainly better than Riker, [name_u]Carter[/name_u], [name_f]Muse[/name_f], [name_m]Anson[/name_m] & [name_u]Porter[/name_u] & the like

I definitely don’t think of [name_m]Asher[/name_m] as a modern name? It’s biblical and has been around/in usage for a very very long time, so I’d be curious to know how it could be considered modern.

I really like it, and might consider using it.

Definitely not a modern name. I love it, but don’t love that it’s a biblical name, and would not use it for that reason.

Eta: hands down [name_m]Asher[/name_m] over [name_u]Ashton[/name_u]!

[name_m]Asher[/name_m] was a top pick for DH and I for a long time but it became too popular, especially in my area. I still enjoy it though! I also have to agree - it is definitely not a “modern” name. It’s a biblical name and has been around for a long time, the popularity is picking up, that’s all.

I love [name_m]Asher[/name_m] (much prefer it over [name_u]Ashton[/name_u]) and I would use it if my husband would go for it. Oh, and also if we didn’t call my son [name_m]Lev[/name_m] all of the time bc then I would feel like we named them after that book “My Name is [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Lev[/name_m].”

The meaning is wonderful and I don’t think it gets much more classic than a name that has been in continual use for thousands of years.

I like [name_m]Asher[/name_m]. It was on my top three for a while, but I could never settle on a combo I loved (I think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u] were as close as I got), which is partially why it fell off my list, I think. I sort of liked sharing an [name_u]Ash[/name_u] name with my son, but yeah. I couldn’t settle on a way to get to it, and I sometimes wonder if I forced myself to like [name_m]Asher[/name_m] because it seemed less trendy than [name_u]Ashton[/name_u]. I love [name_u]Ash[/name_u] for a boy, but I’m not sure how I’d get to it. [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_u]Ashby[/name_u], and [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] ([name_u]Dash[/name_u], [name_u]Ash[/name_u], and [name_u]Ash[/name_u]/Bash) are my favorite [name_u]Ash[/name_u]/[name_u]Dash[/name_u]/Bash/etc. names right now, but I still think [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is very lovely, and would love to meet a little one with the name.

I like [name_m]Asher[/name_m]! I like that it’s a biblical name but it still feels fresh and usuable. I personally would not use it because someone I know well used it and we live in a very small town so I wouldn’t want to seem like I copied but I do like it.

I quite like [name_m]Asher[/name_m], especially with the short-but-tough nickname [name_u]Ash[/name_u]. However, I have a feeling a lot of other new parents are going to be sharing that sentiment in the near future. I’m a little bit of a popularity phobe, so I might or might not use it if I miraculously had a boy tomorrow.

I like a lot of things about it–history, meaning, basic sound. What I don’t like is that it sounds very trendy–[name_u]Ashton[/name_u] and [name_u]Carter[/name_u] together. It’s a good name and it’s on my extended list, but I’d never use it–unless I had like 25 boys :slight_smile:

Too popular, but handsome

I like [name_m]Asher[/name_m] I don’t love it, but it’s a nice biblical name.

I love [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] and [name_m]Asher[/name_m] as siblings!

I can see how some consider it a modern name since it’s so similar to [name_u]Ashley[/name_u] and [name_u]Ashton[/name_u] in the front and all of the -er names in the back. I know it’s now in the top 100 but I have only ever heard of one boy named [name_m]Asher[/name_m]. [name_m]Asher[/name_m] is a handsome name and one I can see on boys of all ages.