Aslan!

It is, I promise…

I actually have [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] on my list as well and would, if it wasn’t for [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] and my love for other names, gladly use it as a first name. Aslan would be a middle name. If he cares to share his middle name, he can do so, if he’d like to keep it secret, he can do so.
The reason would be me really liking the name and the books and, of course, the character.

Which is on my list as well, I’m probably either going to end up (if I would decide on my own) with [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Casimir[/name_m] and [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] or [name_m]Edmund[/name_m], [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] and Aslan in some combos, or both, as I cannot for the life of me like that many boys names that are different :slight_smile:

To each their own. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you not like the sound, the look, the association - all three?

Me too (the fan thing):). I think [name_m]Caspian[/name_m] is already quite tied to the series and it gets thrown around a lot on here (I love that one, too), so I figured Aslan might work, too!

That’s sweet that you asked your mother, thanks :slight_smile: [name_f]Glad[/name_f] she thinks it’s okay!
Well [name_f]Arwen[/name_f] and [name_m]Thorin[/name_m] are both very cool names that belong to interesting characters, so no wonder people like them.
I mean on the one hand you have all those Liams and Emmas and on the other there are thousands of “strangely named” people out there (as in Fritzliamson, to honor all the family members of course) that Aslan might not be as strange as it seems?!

I think regardless of the Turkish origins or the [name_f]Narnia[/name_f] connection and how I/you may feel about them, Aslan is a completely usable name. [name_m]Add[/name_m] in those connections that obviously have meaning for you and I’d say it is a very good pick. Aslan sounds “on trend” with names that are popular now, and the “[name_m]Leo[/name_m]-“ names are huge so why not use Aslan? When being read-aloud to as a child I misheard Aslan as Ashland or [name_u]Allison[/name_u] depending on how hard I was listening. So, maybe think about ways to distinguish it from similar sounding words and names. Other than that, I love the idea!

thank you :slight_smile:
it does seems to fit in with all these -n names that are booming right now. I am thinking about using it in the middle spot so that any comments that might not be as pretty, are kept to a minimum (and because there are other names that I still prefer to Aslan). That might also help for Aslan not to be misheard as something else :slight_smile:

I actually don’t mind this all that much!

I love Aslan! Mainly because I love the character so much, and yet, it just looks really cool and sounds fantastic. When I considered it in the past, people cautioned me against it (it might give him a god complex), but people use names like [name_m]Thor[/name_m] and [name_m]Apollo[/name_m] and [name_m]Zeus[/name_m] and [name_f]Persephone[/name_f] and such all the time–Greek gods/goddesses, etc.–so why not Aslan? He’s a great character! I had [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] Aslan as a consideration when I had really liked it. I don’t know that I’d use it, but I still really like it. I think it’d make an excellent middle name.