Aster/Willa?

Can’t decide between [name_f]Aster[/name_f] or [name_f]Willa[/name_f] to go with sibs [name_m]Christian[/name_m] (b), [name_f]Posie[/name_f] (Primose full name) and [name_f]Martha[/name_f]. Pls give opinions, other suggestions also welcome as so hard to match sibs as no one particular style there. Middle names of sibs are [name_m]Valentino[/name_m], [name_f]Alexandra[/name_f] and [name_f]Raphaela[/name_f].

[name_f]Aster[/name_f] :)… it seems to fit better if you call out the names.

I also prefer [name_f]Aster[/name_f] to [name_f]Willa[/name_f].

[name_m]Christian[/name_m], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], and [name_f]Martha[/name_f] are all very classical choices, and [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], and [name_f]Martha[/name_f] are both clearly feminine with no masculine usage or phonetics. [name_f]Aster[/name_f] does not fit that established pattern, as it is neither an established classic (what with it having little to no usage as a name up until this point), and it is not clearly feminine as, while floral in nature (there are floral boy names), “ASS-ter” is quite harsh and could very easily lean towards the masculine side of the spectrum.

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t get me wrong, I do like the name [name_f]Aster[/name_f] in general, but next to your children’s names, it just doesn’t fit - in my opinion, at least. [name_f]Willa[/name_f], by comparison, is a far superior choice as it shares the same classical foundations as [name_m]Christian[/name_m], [name_f]Primrose[/name_f] and [name_f]Martha[/name_f], as well as the soft, and gently feminine appeal that replicates the sister names. I do honestly think it’s the perfect choice but some suggestions, if you’re looking:

[name_f]Esther[/name_f] - similar to [name_f]Aster[/name_f], but softer.
[name_f]Lucille[/name_f]
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Queenie[/name_f]
[name_f]Gina[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Maxine[/name_f]

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f] in general, and I also see it as a better fit with your other children’s (lovely!) names.

I prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f] and thinks it goes better with the others. [name_f]Asteria[/name_f] would be nicer than [name_f]Willa[/name_f] though

Why thank you. I have always felt there was no particular style to my children’s names, almost completely mismatched. I have really struggled with the girls names. I love long multi sybillic romantics and my husband like solid sensible slightly clunky classics. He also loves [name_f]Theodora[/name_f] which is lovely but doesn’t feel right, nor does [name_f]Thea[/name_f] which is very pretty.

Of the two, I much prefer [name_f]Willa[/name_f]. Very pretty and goes well with your other kids!

I like [name_f]Aster[/name_f] but I love [name_f]Willa[/name_f]! Such a charming name. I don’t think [name_f]Aster[/name_f] sounds as nice next to all the other names, even tho [name_f]Martha[/name_f] and [name_f]Willa[/name_f] are more similar.

I think [name_f]Willa[/name_f] goes best with your sibset!