Astoria? Baby due next month and nothing feels right! HELP!

I am looking for some feedback on the name, [name]Astoria[/name]. Dh and I love the name [name]Story[/name] but we (dh especially) is hesitant to use that on our daughter-to-be’s birth certificate. We would like her to have a ‘formal’ name that would serve her well throughout all of the phases of her life (baby, little girl, teen, woman, etc). I had never even considered the name or even heard it (other than in reference to the hotel) before posting to try and uncover a name we could use that would lend itself to the use of [name]Story[/name] as a nickname.

Other than feedback on [name]Astoria[/name]…I am open to some other ideas. I think what we need is some fresh names to help us sort out our feelings so we will either hopefully find one we love in the ‘new batch’ or realize that one we have been kicking around for months is ‘the one’.

[name]Hi[/name]! Having lived in NYC for many years, the only thing I think of when I hear [name]Astoria[/name] is the neighborhood in Queens, not a beautiful little girl. If you like [name]Story[/name], stick with it, it’s much better than making up another name to work around it. Good luck!

I suggested [name]Astoria[/name] and I really like the name, especially if you’re looking for ways to get the nickname story. When I think of [name]Astoria[/name], I picture a sweet and feminine little girl. Yes I am sure some people will be reminded of the place in New [name]York[/name] City, but think of how many children both male and female are named [name]Brooklyn[/name] right now. [name]Astoria[/name] is so much prettier and has a sophisticated feel to me.

I was born in [name]Astoria[/name], Oregon so maybe I am biased… but as far as place name goes, I think you picked a great one! =)

The nickname [name]Story[/name] is cute, much better than [name]Tori[/name].