Astrid or Ástríður?

I’d stick with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f].

1 Like

There is something cool about Ástríður, but when I tried to pronounce it without looking at [name_f]Astrid[/name_f], it kind of sounded like a-stroyer. I would stick with the traditional spelling for 2 reasons.

1. I don’t think many people would pronounce it right.
  2. Where do you get all of those ticks and slashes on your keyboard?
    Maybe #2 is my problem, but I still think [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is much more pronounceable, though Ástríður has sort of a cool and mysterious vibe. If you live in Iceland, I’d go with Ástríður, but if not… then [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] is your best bet. :blush:
3 Likes

sorry for late reply. i was banned. According to sources online, you pronounce it ah-streedur

1 Like

Copy and paste is my best friend:)
I go on the site Browse Names - Behind the Name and then I find it and then I copy and paste the name because I have no idea how to type fancy letters.

Astrid if you are not Icelandic. It looks like a sneeze otherwise…i don’t even know where to go on my keyboard to type this name out.

1 Like

just copy and paste the name lol. it ilooks super cool. btw i am not even icelandic i just wanna use the name for a viking character

They are both lovely, however, I’d go with [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. It will just make her life a little easier, not having to spell or explain how to pronounce it.

1 Like