Astrid vs Astra, Florence vs Flora

[name_f]Astra[/name_f] vs [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] - neither name would be my choice if I’m honest, but I woul choose [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] over [name_f]Astra[/name_f] as I associate [name_f]Astra[/name_f] with the car (it’s very popular in the UK, not sure if anywhere else)
[name_f]Florence[/name_f] vs [name_f]Flora[/name_f] - love flora, think it’s a very light sunny happy name without being cutesy, [name_f]Flora[/name_f] could easily be a nickname for [name_f]Florence[/name_f] tho
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] vs [name_f]Freya[/name_f] - I love freyja but not keen on fiona at all, I’ve seen it a lot on here recently but all the fiona’s I know are in their 30s/40s/50s so really can’t see it on a little girl right now

[name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] are my faves. I do love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] though but [name_f]Flora[/name_f] just seems fresher and pretty.

I prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] to [name_f]Astra[/name_f] (I also really like [name_f]Aster[/name_f]), and [name_f]Florence[/name_f] to [name_f]Flora[/name_f] and the others you mentioned.

[name_f]Astra[/name_f] vs [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] : I don’t really have a huge preference either way, for me they’ve both got that same teasing potential and it kinds puts me off As-- starting names. In saying that [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] reminds me of the cool character from [name_m]How[/name_m] to train your dragon, so I’d probably have to go with her!

[name_f]Florence[/name_f] vs [name_f]Flora[/name_f] (vs [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] vs [name_f]Freya[/name_f]): Such beautiful names the lot of them!! Between [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] I think I’d have to go with [name_f]Florence[/name_f], she’s got that extra spark for me, plus you could easily use [name_f]Flora[/name_f] as a nickname for [name_f]Florence[/name_f]! That way you get both! While [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] is lovely, it’s never really captured me, so definitely [name_f]Freya[/name_f] between those two, [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is just so stunning.
That brings it down to [name_f]Florence[/name_f] nn [name_f]Flora[/name_f] vs [name_f]Freya[/name_f] - I think I’d have to go with [name_f]Florence[/name_f] for you. It sounds like you love [name_f]Florence[/name_f] and [name_f]Flora[/name_f] more than [name_f]Freya[/name_f], and this way you get the strong, feminine, professional [name_f]Florence[/name_f] (and she gets to use that in the professional world) and with the nickname [name_f]Flora[/name_f] you also still get the hapy and carefree side too!

Definitely [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] and [name_f]Florence[/name_f], out of the four names. With [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] I am more torn. I adore both equally. Today I say I prefer [name_f]Freya[/name_f], but who knows tomorrow I pick [name_f]Fiona[/name_f].

Sorry for being no help. :stuck_out_tongue: Best of luck TTC!

Between [name_f]Astra[/name_f] and [name_f]Astrid[/name_f] I prefer [name_f]Astrid[/name_f]. It just feels more substantial. Same for [name_f]Florence[/name_f] over [name_f]Flora[/name_f].

[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] and [name_f]Freya[/name_f] is a tough one. Both are lovely. I lean toward [name_f]Fiona[/name_f] because it’s a long time favorite of yours and because it has the advantage of not being linked to a deity.