Athena

We found out it’s a girl on the way and this is the name we like. Wdyt? I am a [name]Jennifer[/name] of the 80s so trying to avoid that with her and my husband loves Greek gods/Goddesses. Any ideas for middle names? We want something more common for a middle name.

I’m not a huge fan of [name]Athena[/name] personally, although I like her [name]Roman[/name] counterpart, [name]Diana[/name]. [name]How[/name] about one of these:

[name]Aurora[/name]
[name]Calliope[/name]
[name]Clio[/name]
[name]Cynthia[/name]
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Juno[/name]
[name]Kora[/name]
[name]Persephone[/name]
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Thea[/name]

I was just about to say something about preferring [name]Athena[/name]'s [name]Roman[/name] counterpoint… but I was thinking of [name]Minerva[/name]. I think [name]Diana[/name] is the counterpoint of [name]Artemis[/name]?

I prefer [name]Athena[/name] to [name]Diana[/name] honestly. Though I did like the suggestions of [name]Aurora[/name] and [name]Iris[/name].

Other Greek mythology names:
[name]Selene[/name] / [name]Selena[/name]
[name]Circe[/name]
Hesperia/Hespere
[name]Nyx[/name]

I’m not a huge fan, personally, sorry. Whenever I’ve seen [name]Athena[/name] used before, it always felt quite pretentious to me, and I still get that image when I see it on these boards. It has a nice sound, but I like a lot of other mythology names more. If you love it, though, that’s what matters, and I do like that you have the connection to Greek mythology.

My first idea for a combo was [name]Athena[/name] [name]Claire[/name], but I think these would be lovely as well:

[name]Athena[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Liv[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Lou[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Rachel[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Winter[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Isabelle[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]

Good luck!

[name]Athena[/name] is beautiful but has always stumped me for good nns, [name]Athena[/name] seems like a lot of name to haul around w/out a way to fly a little less serious!

Now [name]Minerva[/name] could be [name]Min[/name] or [name]Minnie[/name].
I love the ideas of [name]Iris[/name], [name]Calliope[/name], and [name]Aurora[/name] ([name]Rory[/name]) I also like [name]Demeter[/name] ([name]Demi[/name]), [name]Daphne[/name] and guilty pleasure, [name]Hestia[/name].

I think [name]Athena[/name] is gorgeous! I have met one and she was a beautiful little girl. It feels very sophisticated to me.

[name]Love[/name] [name]Athena[/name]! Its sweet, soft but strong and sophisticated, I would definitely use it if I were you! I do not see the problem with nn’s these things come naturally, I’ve never understood why some people feel they have to pre-plan what nn’s they will call a baby as well as what the actual name.

A good friend of mine has a daughter named [name]Athena[/name], and I think it’s a lovely name.
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Celeste[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Joelle[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Constance[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Colette[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Maren[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Florence[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Morgan[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Chloe[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Mireille[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Melody[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Athena[/name] [name]Carys[/name]

[name]Just[/name] want to say that I really like [name]Athena[/name]. It sounds sweet yet sophisticated. Go for it!

Yes, you are right! I always get [name]Artemis[/name] and [name]Athena[/name] confused.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Athena[/name]! :slight_smile:

[name]Don[/name]'t make her mn too much of a filler, or [name]Athena[/name] will use some of its interest [name]IMO[/name]

For example, [name]Rose[/name], [name]Claire[/name], [name]Grace[/name], [name]Hope[/name], [name]Ann[/name], [name]Kate[/name]- too predictable

[name]Athena[/name] [name]Camille[/name], [name]Athena[/name] [name]Frances[/name], [name]Athena[/name] [name]Sylvie[/name], [name]Athena[/name] [name]Violet[/name], [name]Athena[/name] [name]Sophie[/name]

[name]Athena[/name] is pretty and unique while still being easily pronounced. [name]Athena[/name] [name]Angelica[/name] and [name]Athena[/name] [name]Evangeline[/name] are nice combinations.