Atlas, August or Axel

We are having a tough time deciding on the perfect name for our little boy. We have narrowed our list down to these five but still can’t seem to agree on one! Impressions of the names would be appreciated as well as your favorite and middle name suggestions. Thanks :slight_smile:

First name:
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
Atticus
Mako

Middle names I like:
[name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
Wingate (family name)
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
Valentine
Augustus

Thanks for your opinions and suggestions.
What kind of guy do you picture with each name?!

I love all 3 of those names… seriously… I don’t know how you are going to choose between them.

The combos I would choose for each are:
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_u]August[/name_u] Wingate

[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] or [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] are really nice names.

My top three would be

1. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  2. [name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
  3. [name_m]Axel[/name_m] Wingate

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would be my pick, very handsome!

My two cents…

Atlas [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] grounds the worldly [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] :slight_smile:
August Wingate - handsome combo with a sort of “edge” to it

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] for first and [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] (I love the idea of [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u] as brothers), [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], and [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] for middles. They’re all very handsome, but not overly masculine. Some combos:

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] Wingate

1. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - gets my vote!

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_m]Axel[/name_m], and [name_u]August[/name_u]. In that order.

My favorite combinations are:
Atlas/Axel Theodore
August Wingate

[name_m]Axel[/name_m] is my favorite, followed by [name_u]August[/name_u]. [name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m], [name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], and [name_u]August[/name_u] Wingate are great combinations.

You have an exciting set of names. And the first time, I think, that I’ve seen [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] listed as a first name candidate. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and [name_m]Axel[/name_m] I like. [name_u]August[/name_u] is nice.

As for the middle names, I like [name_u]Finley[/name_u], [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], Wingate, and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m].

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]…
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]…
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Wingate…
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]…

[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]…
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]…
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]…
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] Wingate…

When I think of [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], I think of an actual [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] or the book [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Shrugged. But I picture a scholar. Or explorer. All the names give an adventurous vibe.

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Wingate: a world traveler
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]: gifted in the arts
[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]: sweet and down to earth

I love [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] (and like [name_m]Axel[/name_m] too). All of these have a strong feel, and both a sensitive side and a cool/adventurous side for me.

I think all three sound great with Wingate, so my top three combos would be…

1. [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Wingate
  2. [name_u]August[/name_u] Wingate
  3. [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] Wingate

[name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] are my favourites out of the first name.

[name_u]August[/name_u] is such a handsome name, a classic but it has a lot of character!

I’d go for a combination of:

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] - for a strong, classic name

or

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] - for a classic name with a bit of a modern twist

[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] would definitely be my pick because it feels the most versatile. I could see someone a little geeky or someone ultra cool with this moniker. It’s a name that aspires to world travel, strength, wisdom, selflessness and success.
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] is definitely the name for you if you want [name_u]Danny[/name_u] Zuko for a son. Bad boy, leather jacket, loves fast cars. It’s also the name of a leader, someone who gets things done and motivates others.
[name_u]August[/name_u] probably has the most universal appeal. It’s the safest but that’s because it’s so handsome! [name_u]August[/name_u] is the name of a family man. Studious, well mannered, and very very kind.
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] has all kinds of trendy nerd cred. It’s a sweet and adorable name with a literary bent. I don’t have any impressions of what kind of person would be named [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] but I have very positive feelings toward the name. I would very much like to meet an [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]–I get the sense that I would like him.
Mako has a quiet strength to it. I picture this person being very skilled in martial arts and being very calm. The unshakable kind of calm that others draw strength from. Mako is a rock. Everyone leans on him and goes to him for comfort and security.

Middle names:
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u] (swoon)
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m] goes with everything!
[name_u]August[/name_u] Wingate, [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] Wingate
[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u], Mako [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

All of your name choices are brilliant. I hope this helped. Good luck!

All your names are great! I love [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] and I really like [name_m]Atticus[/name_m]! I always go with a family name if I can so I like [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] Wingate. But [name_m]Atlas[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] sounds nice too!

[name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] would be gorgeous! I also really like [name_m]Atlas[/name_m], but [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_m]Theodore[/name_m] are two of my favorite names and they sound so handsome together.

[name_m]Axel[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u] would be perfection!

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]Finley[/name_u] is super cute.

I honestly adore all of your first & middle names, so it’s a hard pick for me also.
I think any way that you go, is going to be fantastic. :]

Mako is cute & different, it reminds me of my friends son [name_f]Miko[/name_f]. [And I know a [name_u]Niko[/name_u], also cute!]

Thank you so much! All of your replies are so helpful, there’s so much pressure to make the right decision.