Aubrey for a boy

I know it’s unisex, but has it been used too much for a girl to be a boys name?

I personally like it better for a boy, but I know alot of people have named their daughters this.

What do you think?

I do think people might assume it’s a girls name but I love it for a boy- it’s so handsome

2 Likes

The thing is, it’s feeling kind of dated for a girl at this point, so I think it would feel fresh on a boy! I prefer it for a boy, too, anyway, and I definitely would love to see it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] is absolutely wonderful for a boy – I love the soft sound and feel. Most people will assume an [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] is a girl, but it’s definitely still workable on a boy and I’d love to see it as well!

2 Likes

I think it’s is so vintage, but cool sounding for a boy.

I’m happy to see all the positive feedback! :blush:

1 Like

i think it would definitely be seen as feminine first, but it’s historically masculine, and really stunning on a boy. i think it’s 100% usable, and really like it as a nn for [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]!

2 Likes

I like it for a boy, it feels weighty and distinguished. I think it’s perfectly usable — in fact, here in the UK I think it’s still more common for boys (though very uncommon overall). It feels like a slightly grander [name_u]Avery[/name_u] to me.

1 Like

What do you all think of [name_u]Harper[/name_u] for a boy?

I love Aubrey & Harper for a boy! I agree with pps that Aubrey (and Harper) will be assumed to be feminine by most people, but still usable!

2 Likes

[name_f]My[/name_f] only fear with [name_u]Harper[/name_u] is it being in the top 10 names in the US. (Which is where we live) I love the name so much for a boy.

1 Like

I love both for a boy! I think both may get some questioning in the US but that wouldn’t stop me. [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] is Drake’s first name so I think that gives it some recognition as a boys name

1 Like

How cool! I didn’t know that.

I love [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for a boy! I think it would feel very fresh and handsome on a boy. Yes, you would probably have to explain yourself every now and then, but I don’t think that’s a huge deal if you love the name.

[name_u]Harper[/name_u] (while I 100% prefer it on a boy than on a girl), might be a bit more of an uphill battle if it’s extremely popular for girls where you are. You’d have to do a lot more explaining and your son might have to have a few awkward conversations as he gets older, but if that’s something you don’t mind then go for it. For what it’s worth, there was a [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] (b) in my grade in elementary school probably near the height of the name’s popularity and I don’t remember him getting any trouble. Maybe I was just a name nerd as a child, but I remember thinking he had a super cool name then too!

1 Like

I actually know a boy Mackenzie!! I’ve always thought it was cool!

I love [name_u]Harper[/name_u], alot. But I don’t know if I want him to have to constantly explain himself, or be in class with a girl(s) with his name… :confused:

I guess that’s why I’m leaning more to [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u], I only know of one (Girl, spelled Aubree) that lives within an hour of us. So, I don’t think that would be as bad.

That’s fair enough, it’s all dependent on what would make you comfortatble. If you’re already worried about him sharing a name with girls, then Harper probably is not the one for you! (Maybe as a middle name?). Aubrey is very handsome though and I don’t think it’s so overwhelmingly popular for either gender that it’ll be an issue.

Good luck settling on a name you love!

1 Like

I love both [name_u]Harper[/name_u] and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] on boys ! I also prefer [name_u]Briar[/name_u] / [name_m]Bryer[/name_m] , [name_u]Jamie[/name_u] , and [name_u]Jade[/name_u] for a boy . I think unisex names are pretty trendy and way more expected now so I don’t see it being a problem !

1 Like

I love it. I hope it makes a boy comeback!