Aubrey, just for girls?

I know [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] was historically used as a male name, even though it’s trendy for girls these days. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think it’s unisex or still too popular for girls to use it on a boy?

I think it would be cute on a boy! It can work, some will be surprised when they hear it but it isn’t crazy.

5 Likes

I have it on my boys list and really like it for boys but I know I’ve got weird looks and some comments when I’ve said it’s a favourite of mine.

2 Likes

I love [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for a boy! I think it would be unexpected, but certainly wearable. It fits in with all the boys named [name_u]Avery[/name_u] and [name_u]Austin[/name_u] in my mind.

1 Like

I love it for a boy.

1 Like

I actually see it very masculine. [name_m]Even[/name_m] [name_u]Avery[/name_u] leans more masculine than feminine to me.
I see [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] as feminine, [name_u]Avery[/name_u] as unisex, and [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] as masculine.

1 Like

I see [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] as more feminine, but don’t think it’s unusable on a boy these days! I knew a boy named [name_u]Addison[/name_u] who wore it very well, and that’s a name that to me has undergone a similar transformation, if that helps at all :slight_smile:

Honestly [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u] for a girl feels more dated to me, I like it for a boy! Feels more fresh and reminds me of a fav of mine, [name_u]Auberon[/name_u]