Audrey & Adeline?

We have a beautiful little girl [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and are due with number 2 soon. If it’s a girl we love the name [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], however I wonder if having siblings called [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] is too similar?

Please help me out and say if you think they are too similar or if you think they go well together?

Thanks so much :sparkles:

I think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] are great together! [name_m]Even[/name_m] though they start with the same letter, the A makes a different sound. Not too similar imo!

[name_f]Anna[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Marie[/name_u]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

1 Like

They are a little similar for my taste – not only do they share similar sounds, but they even mean basically the same thing. They do have different origins, though, so I suppose that helps. [name_f]My[/name_f] biggest consideration would be if you are planning to have future children and how similar they might sound in a sibset with other distinctly different names.
But, honestly, if you don’t love any name more than [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], you should should use it! They’re not so similar that it would stand out, like, say, [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] & [name_u]Aubrey[/name_u].

Still, if you are open to other options, I might suggest these:
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Delia[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Emmeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]

Overall, though, I do think [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] & [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] would be fine as sister names.

1 Like

I think they are beautiful together! Written down they have similar letters, but spoken [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is more of an aw sound so I think they are different enough!

1 Like

I think it’s a usable set! Both names are lovely, but there’s enough difference between them that it works. Congratulations on baby 2!! :smiley:

1 Like

I think its adorable however, you have to think whether if you have more children are you going to continue with the ‘a’ theme

1 Like

Thank you :blush: Your right the sound is very different so although written they look similar verbally they are quite different!

Thank you for all your reassurance ladies!

We do love the name [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] so it’s nice to hear people think they go ok together :heart:

I think they go quite well together. While they are a bit similar, I don’t think it makes them unusable by any means. Both have distinct sounds, and look distinct on paper. They’re both beautiful names too, I love them both on their own and together.

1 Like

I don’t believe they sound too similar. I think they sound amazingly sweet together.

1 Like

To me, they seem a little too matchy. I don’t like them together, despite the fact that they are both lovely! However, if you truly love both then go for it! YOU are the one who needs to love it!

1 Like

To me [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] are just different enough in their full forms BUT if [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] gets called [name_f]Addie[/name_f] which is likely in school even if you don’t use the nickname at home, they get very close, and if [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] is ever called [name_u]Audie[/name_u] they are virtually the same name. That means varying to [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f] or [name_f]Adele[/name_f] doesn’t really solve the problem. Maybe you won’t find another name you like more than [name_f]Adeline[/name_f], but I’d say it’s worth expanding your search before you settle there.

1 Like

That’s very true! [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] only gets [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] now but as you say may change once she hits school! We will definitely keep exploring options… still got a few weeks to go :blush:

2 Likes

You know the berries will be only too glad to help you brainstorm alternatives! And if you decide you love [name_f]Adeline[/name_f] the best, you’ve made a well-informed choice. Besides, nicknames are beyond your control no matter what full names you choose!

1 Like