August and Rufus

A lot of the boys names we like have the US sound: [name]August[/name], [name]Atticus[/name], [name]Fergus[/name], [name]Rufus[/name]
Now I would never use [name]Fergus[/name], [name]Atticus[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name] together could you pair [name]August[/name] with one of them, [name]Rufus[/name] being our favorite, since they end on a different sound even though they share a prominent sound? Or since they share the prominent US sound you should only use one? My gut says they are too similar and we have other names we like more: [name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Simon[/name]. I’m just looking for some opinions?

I think that [name]August[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name] can work together as the endings are different.
I wouldn’t pair [name]August[/name] and [name]Atticus[/name] together because of the similar A and t sounds.
I wouldn’t pair [name]August[/name] and [name]Fergus[/name] together because of the g in the middle.
[name]Jasper[/name] and [name]Simon[/name] work well with all of these names. :slight_smile:

I think [name]August[/name] and [name]Rufus[/name] are cute together. I was actually kind of happy to see them together when I fist noticed your thread. I thought maybe you met siblings with these names. They are quite similar, but I think it actually works in this case.