August (Augie) and June?

Baby sister is arriving shortly and we’re having a hard time finding a name!

One of my favourites has always been [name_u]June[/name_u]… But my son’s name is [name_u]August[/name_u] (goes by [name_m]Augie[/name_m] as well). Is that too weird?

I’m open to suggestions! Other names I like include: [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Elle[/name_f], [name_f]Ebba[/name_f], [name_f]Elsa[/name_f], [name_f]Nola[/name_f], [name_f]Lucy[/name_f], [name_f]Della[/name_f]

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Augie and [name_u]June[/name_u] are cute together but [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] is a little too theme-y for me, personally. I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] would work perfectly with [name_u]August[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Augie[/name_m]’!

Otherwise, maybe you would like [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Julia[/name_f], or [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]? They have similar sounds to [name_u]June[/name_u] and fit with your vintage style. Plus they would sound lovely with [name_u]August[/name_u] ‘[name_m]Augie[/name_m]’.

It took me a minute to figure that out! I actually don’t think it’s so bad since [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are very commonly used as names. But if it bugs you then [name_u]June[/name_u] would be an awesome middle name. [name_f]Nola[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u] is super cute!

1 Like

What about [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f]?
[name_m]Augie[/name_m] and [name_f]Juno[/name_f] sound v. cute and you have the significance of [name_u]June[/name_u] without sounding like such a match.

2 Likes

They are themey, however I think both are fantastic names! And it’s not like they will be together all the time at school or with friends especially as they grow up. So if you feel [name_u]June[/name_u] is the one I would still go with it despite the matchiness.

However if it’s going to bother you or make you feel like you need to continue the ‘theme’ if you have future kids then I wouldn’t.

Out of your list [name_u]June[/name_u] is my favorite, but I also really like [name_f]Nola[/name_f] & [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] with [name_u]August[/name_u] as well

I’m sorry, but I do think that [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] are too close for siblings. The good news is, the other names you like would work very well with [name_u]August[/name_u]!

What about [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_u]Jean[/name_u], or [name_f]Jade[/name_f]? They are similar to [name_u]June[/name_u]. [name_u]Or[/name_u] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u], [name_f]Daisy[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] – something summer-y? :slight_smile:

They’re a little matchy for me. I think i like [name_f]Ebba[/name_f] and [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] fit well

Agree that [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_u]June[/name_u] is a little matchy but [name_m]Augie[/name_m] & [name_u]June[/name_u] is gorgeous. Maybe go for a longform then shorten it to [name_u]June[/name_u]? Eg [name_f]Junia[/name_f], [name_f]Juno[/name_f], [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] (personally think [name_u]August[/name_u] & [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is divine as a sibset)

If you’re still nervous about the theme though, I think [name_f]Nora[/name_f] or [name_f]Elsa[/name_f] could make a lovely sister for [name_m]Augie[/name_m]!

4 Likes

I love both names and agree with @blueylit and would give her a longer version like [name_f]Junia[/name_f] or [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], and use [name_u]June[/name_u] as her nickname. On a day-to-day basis I assume that they’ll be known as [name_m]Augie[/name_m] and [name_u]June[/name_u] - I love it! If, on the other hand, your son goes by [name_u]August[/name_u] I would probably choose another name.

It makes me sad to say no to [name_u]June[/name_u], it’s such a lovely name. But I do think a lot of people will make the month connection. If that’s something you’d prefer to avoid, [name_f]Della[/name_f] and [name_m]Augie[/name_m] would be so cute together. How about [name_f]Jane[/name_f] instead of [name_u]June[/name_u]? [name_f]Polly[/name_f] would be cute too, if you don’t think it sounds too much like [name_m]Augie[/name_m] when you’re calling them for dinner

I do also like the suggestion above of using [name_u]June[/name_u] as a middle name

I love [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] together, so sweet! I don’t think it’s too weird. [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] are great options too.

I actually didn’t connect them at first! But I think most people will take notice to the theme. I agree with the berries idea of using [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] with nn [name_u]June[/name_u] or even [name_f]Juno[/name_f]. Based on the other names you like, you might also like [name_f]Elora[/name_f], [name_f]Nell[/name_f], [name_f]Delia[/name_f], [name_f]Edie[/name_f].

2 Likes

While it’s too themey for my tastes it’s certainly not undoable. If you don’t mind themes, or don’t mi d breaking the theme if you add to your family later, Then it’s fine. If themes bother you, or the thought of people frequently pointing it out, then it may better not to use [name_u]June[/name_u] as a first name.

I also agree that names that can shorten to [name_u]June[/name_u] make a good compromise.

Why not use [name_f]Magnolia[/name_f], nickname [name_f]Nola[/name_f]?Typically, magnolias bloom in my area around [name_f]May[/name_f] and into early [name_u]June[/name_u].

I like this sibset! :grin:

It’s a little too matchy for me— would you like [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_f]Jane[/name_f] or [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Jean[/name_u]?

Thanks everyone!!

1 Like

Maybe [name_f]Junia[/name_f] or [name_f]Juna[/name_f]?

I adore [name_m]Augie[/name_m] and [name_u]June[/name_u]…[name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] might make you stick to the theme in the future though. What about [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] or [name_f]Juno[/name_f]? With the nn [name_u]June[/name_u], so it would be [name_m]Augie[/name_m] and [name_u]June[/name_u]?

It is matchy, but there are also lots of sisters named [name_f]Rose[/name_f] and [name_f]Lily[/name_f], for example. The only reason [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u] jump up immediately as too much is because it isn’t as common as siblings with flower theme.

I do like the ring of [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]June[/name_u], but if you don’t feel too sure about using [name_u]June[/name_u], the suggestion of a longer name like [name_u]Juniper[/name_u] is lovely. [name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_u]Juniper[/name_u], [name_m]Augie[/name_m] and [name_u]June[/name_u] sounds lovely together.