August, born in August?

I love the name [name]August[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] is one of our options if we are having a boy in two weeks.
Is it cute to have [name]August[/name] as his middle name if that’s the month he was born in? Or is it just geeky? I can’t make up my mind and hubby doesn’t care. Maybe it isn’t such a big deal since it would be the middle name?

~ [name]Rosemary[/name]

To me [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] is very elegant. I also like [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Augusten[/name]. That could help circumvent the whole being born in [name]August[/name] thing. [name]Just[/name] a suggestion. :slight_smile:

I think that if you were to use [name]August[/name] as the first name when the child was born in [name]August[/name], it would be a bit “geeky” as you mentioned. However, if in the middle name spot, I think its fine! [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] is handsome, handsome, handsome! I also think the previous poster’s idea of [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Augusten[/name] is great, or even [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Augustus[/name]. That would remove the name a teensy bit from the blaring [name]August[/name] association. [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] is a superb name, though. I wouldn’t worry about it. :slight_smile:

• [name]Sydnee[/name]

If [name]August[/name] were the first name, I might be a bit hesitant, personally, but I think it’s perfectly fine as a middle name - in fact, I like how the middle name would connect with the birth month. And besides, it’s not like everyone would know his middle name, right? I like the suggestions of [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Augusten[/name] and [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Augustus[/name] (there’s also [name]Oliver[/name] [name]Augustine[/name]), but [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name] is fantastic as is, and perfect with [name]Edward[/name], [name]Adelaide[/name], and [name]Isaac[/name]. :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile:

I feel sort of odd man out, but I think it’s perfect - quite a few cultures use the circumstances of the birth as an influence on naming, and this is a great way to do that.

Oh, it’s a little bit geeky, but it’s a cool name, and after a couple of months, no one will remember he was born in [name]August[/name] anyway.

Thanks everyone.
I think we have pretty much settled on [name]Oliver[/name] [name]August[/name], if its a boy :smiley:

~ [name]Rosemary[/name]