August, Oona... Ione? Maple?

I’m not expecting yet! But I’m starting my first round of IVF soon so hopefully twins is in my future! Haha

I’ve always loved names so I’m just thinking about what’s next. [name_f]My[/name_f] son’s name is [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and my daughter is [name_f]Oona[/name_f] [name_u]River[/name_u] [name_f]Ann[/name_f].

We’re hoping for a girl next and so far we have [name_f]Maple[/name_f], [name_f]Evening[/name_f], or [name_f]Ione[/name_f]. [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is winning but do you think it’s too similar to [name_f]Oona[/name_f]?

And I really need help with boy names!! I love soft sounding “feminine” sounding boy names. [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is at the top of our list followed by [name_u]Sasha[/name_u], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Hart[/name_m], and [name_u]Indiana[/name_u]. None really feeling right. I need lots of suggestions please! The less common they sound the better. I’ve heard everything and I crave something new. Thank you!!!

1 Like

[name_f]Welcome[/name_f] back and best of luck with the IVF! Your children’s names are gorgeous.

I think [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is usable with [name_f]Oona[/name_f]. I see what you mean about the repeated sounds but I think they’re different enough, especially as you have another son as well. I have to say though, [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is really grabbing me from your list. I love that it feels naturey like [name_u]August[/name_u] and sweet and bohemian like [name_f]Oona[/name_f]. [name_f]Evening[/name_f] is awesome as well, but I might hesitate to use it with [name_u]August[/name_u].

For a boy, [name_u]Sky[/name_u] is fabulous! I too love soft-sounding boy names and [name_u]Sasha[/name_u] is actually at the top of my own list for another boy, but it is derived from [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] so that might give me pause for thought in your set. [name_m]Hart[/name_m] would be amazing too.

Here are some more boy names for you, since we seem to have similar tastes…

[name_u]Misha[/name_u]
[name_u]Rafa[/name_u]
Alba/Alban
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Esca[/name_u]
[name_u]Aquila[/name_u]
[name_m]Bram[/name_m]
Florin/Florian
[name_m]Rua[/name_m]
[name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Wren[/name_u]
[name_u]Corin[/name_u]
[name_m]Monte[/name_m]
Rossa
[name_m]Fenn[/name_m]
[name_u]Sparrow[/name_u]
Ives/Ivo
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_u]Silver[/name_u]
[name_u]Lupin[/name_u]
[name_u]Penrose[/name_u]
[name_m]Jura[/name_m]
[name_m]Tarka[/name_m]
[name_u]Valentine[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u]
[name_u]Rue[/name_u]
Fife/Fifer
[name_u]Pasha[/name_u]
Sunny/Sundance

Wishing you all the best with the future IVF! I agree with [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] ^ that [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is usable for you, having a different number of syllables and no actual repeating vowel sounds with [name_f]Oona[/name_f] (at least the way I PN them anyway). [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is a gorgeous name!

Here are some other ideas:
[name_f]Theonie[/name_f]
[name_f]Betrys[/name_f]
[name_f]Elodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ilanys[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_u]Maven[/name_u]
[name_f]Isola[/name_f]

[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_u]Arlen[/name_u]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
Rufin
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_m]Fintan[/name_m]
[name_m]Fergal[/name_m]
[name_m]Linus[/name_m]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_m]Ross[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]

[name_u]August[/name_u] and [name_f]Oona[/name_f] are a dreamy set :heart_eyes:

[name_f]Ione[/name_f] is beautiful and I think it works well. [name_f]Maple[/name_f] is also gorgeous - I don’t think you can go wrong with either

I really like [name_u]Sky[/name_u] and [name_u]Indiana[/name_u] for boys

I’ll suggest

[name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Oona[/name_f] and…

[name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_m]Sylvan[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Tiger[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Harley[/name_u]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_u]Pasha[/name_u]
[name_u]Bowie[/name_u]
[name_m]Bowen[/name_m]
[name_u]Tatum[/name_u]
[name_u]Larkin[/name_u]
[name_u]Atlas[/name_u]
[name_u]Zion[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Bellamy[/name_u]
[name_u]Waverly[/name_u]
[name_m]Ferris[/name_m]
[name_m]Forrest[/name_m]

Where I am [name_f]Ione[/name_f] and [name_f]Oona[/name_f] are quite similar, too similar for my taste, but it depends on how you pronounce them!

[name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Oona[/name_f] and [name_f]Maple[/name_f] or [name_f]Evening[/name_f] are lovely. I think [name_f]Evening[/name_f] is my favorite, it keeps up with the vowel theme.

[name_u]August[/name_u], [name_f]Oona[/name_f] and (for boy)

Skylan
Larklan
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_u]Whitney[/name_u]
Westfall
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_u]Arin[/name_u]
Ellis/Ellison
[name_u]Rowen[/name_u]
[name_f]Vashti[/name_f]
[name_u]Isle[/name_u]
[name_u]Ellington[/name_u]
[name_u]Everly[/name_u]
[name_u]Marion[/name_u]

I personally love [name_f]Maple[/name_f] with your kids’ names although if you heart is with [name_f]Ione[/name_f] then I say go for that. I do feel [name_f]Oona[/name_f] and [name_f]Ione[/name_f] are a little too vowel-heavy together but, as others have said, they don’t actually share the same sounds. If none of your boys’ names feel right then how about:

[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafael[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_m]Chet[/name_m]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Kit[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Oskar[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucian[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_u]Dane[/name_u]
[name_m]Miro[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Tavish[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_m]Stellan[/name_m]
[name_u]Tully[/name_u]
[name_m]Xander[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Indio[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Kai[/name_u]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Banjo[/name_u]
[name_m]Monty[/name_m]
[name_u]Rory[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
Taliesen
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Florian[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Quinn[/name_u]
[name_m]Soren[/name_m]
[name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_u]Rafe[/name_u]

[name_u]Penrose[/name_u], [name_u]Bellamy[/name_u], and [name_u]Sundance[/name_u] stuck out to me! I added them to my list. Thanks! When my husband gets home from work I’m going to go over all of these lists with him. Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Your older kids’ names are wonderful! I adore [name_f]Maple[/name_f] from your girls’ list–August, [name_f]Oona[/name_f], and [name_f]Maple[/name_f] feel like a perfectly balanced-but-eclectic trio. I’m also just a big fan of [name_f]Maple[/name_f] individually. I think [name_f]Ione[/name_f] is definitely usable with [name_f]Oona[/name_f], but it’s not my favorite pairing–the sounds are just a little too similar for my liking (although I love [name_f]Ione[/name_f] in theory!). I like [name_f]Evening[/name_f], but I’m not sure about another time-related name with [name_u]August[/name_u]? From the previous suggestions, I think these would fit particularly well for a brother…

[name_u]Pascoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Fenn[/name_m]
[name_m]Ivo[/name_m]
[name_u]Evren[/name_u]
[name_m]Finlo[/name_m]
[name_u]Fable[/name_u]
[name_m]Miro[/name_m]
[name_u]Tully[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]

1 Like