Augusta?

Gosh, reading through these posts I feel like I’m not armed with enough options, but here’s the deal: my husband and I are expecting our second set of twins. We have boy/girl twins named [name]Huck[/name] ([name]Huckleberry[/name] is his middle name) and [name]Frances[/name]. We just found out that the new babies are both girls. We were all set to go with the boy name [name]August[/name], thinking that [name]Huck[/name] and [name]Augie[/name] really went great together for names. I asked my husband if there was any way we could name a baby girl [name]Augie[/name], and he said absolutely not. BUT, we just found out, oddly enough, that there is an [name]Augusta[/name] in our family tree, which has renewed my hope!!! What do you all think of (a) the name [name]Augusta[/name], and (b) the nickname [name]Augie[/name] for a little girl? Does [name]Augusta[/name] “go” with [name]Frances[/name]? What about [name]Augie[/name]? ([name]Frances[/name] has no nickname yet, we are leaving that up to her and/or her peers).

And I can’t even begin to think of a second baby girl name yet - we are just totally stumped. I guess you can tell from our daughter’s name [name]Frances[/name], which is a family name, that we like old-fashioned, not exactly popular names. But how do I get two girls’ names to “go” with [name]Huck[/name] and [name]Frances[/name]?

[name]Augusta[/name] is one of my all, all-time favorite names. Really! Top o’ the list. Unfortunately, I can’t use it–even though I have an [name]Augustus[/name] in my family tree. But, I hope you will! I think [name]Augusta[/name] and [name]Frances[/name] go together just fine. You should go with another really old-fashioned name for your girl, like

[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Jacqueline[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Catharine[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Agnes[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Beatrice[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Caroline[/name]

I don’t really like [name]Augusta[/name]. It seems kind of old to me. I like [name]Augustina[/name] much better for some reason. But I’m not a huge fan of any [name]August[/name] names, so I think you should take what I say with a grain of salt. I don’t see any reason why [name]Augie[/name] couldn’t work on a girl. I think it goes fine with [name]Frances[/name] and [name]Huck[/name], but I think most semi-classic names would be fine (I’m not a stickler for sibsets). A few random suggestions:
[name]Alice[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Agatha[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name]