Augusta?

Last night I started to think about the name [name]Augusta[/name]. I like it’s sort of fustiness, the way it has a classic and almost country-girl feel, with a sort of innocence about it. I think it’s really darling, actually; it also has a sort of ‘cutesy’ quality, but it’s not overdone. I wouldn’t think much about using nicknames for an [name]Augusta[/name], personally, but maybe sometimes - it does have some possibly cute, almost boyish options.

I guess what I’m asking here is: do you like [name]Augusta[/name]? I would certainly love to hear your opinions on it, how you feel about it, sibsets, combos, associations - anything!

Thanks. (:

Probably not my favorite BECAUSE of the fustiness. To me, it’s not cutesy or country at all. I get a much more matronly feel. Not sure why, but I picture grown up [name]Augusta[/name] as a harsh blond lady with a big bosom…

Haha, your response made me giggle! xD

Thanks for being honest; I appreciate it.

[name]Augusta[/name] is on my list, but I know there is no way in h-e-double hockeysticks my husband will allow it. I think it is a beautiful name. Reminds me of a fun, warm spring/summer day. And to be quite honest, it’s on my list because we were planning on using the name [name]August[/name] for a boy and calling him [name]Augie[/name] (but the babies are girls, not boys). I would want to call the little girl [name]Augie[/name] (which is why my husband says no - and he claims to have polled his friends and coworkers about the name [name]Augusta[/name]/nn [name]Augie[/name], and he’s met with a resounding “no.”) Having said that about [name]Augie[/name] as a nn for [name]Augusta[/name], I do note that my daughter’s name is [name]Frances[/name], and before she was born we had a nn debate about whether we’d call her [name]Frannie[/name], [name]Francie[/name], or [name]Frankie[/name] - and we don’t call her anything but [name]Frances[/name]. So, knowing how I am, I’d probably just call her [name]Augusta[/name] and let her friends come up with a nn for her as she gets older.

“Reminds me of a fun, warm spring/summer day.”
“I would want to call the little girl [name]Augie[/name].”

Agreed about the first part! You described it better than I could. xD [name]Augie[/name] is so cute, even for a girl. <333

I love [name]Augusta[/name]. It is at the top of my list for a little girl :slight_smile: Husband loves it as well. There is that auggie nickname as well as gus or gusta.

Some sibling names we like are [name]Rosemary[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name], and [name]Theodore[/name]. ([name]Theo[/name] and [name]Augusta[/name] is too cute!)

The name has so many different personality options too. I could picture a high powered business woman, a fashionable clothes designer, or an edgy artist. I love it! So classic and feminine.

I think [name]Augusta[/name] is charming and uncommon.

I like [name]Augusta[/name], and really like Auggie for a nn (for either a boy or a girl!).