Aurelia

Hello Everybody! Recently I ran into the name [name]Aurelia[/name]. I had liked [name]Aurelie[/name] for a long time, but it had never been at the top of my list. Then I found [name]Aurelia[/name]. For some reason I can’t get the name out of my head. It’s really pretty and regal- I think of it kind of like a more unusual version of [name]Aurora[/name]. Anyway, I was just wondering what you thought of the name. I like Auri for a nickname( Au ri, not [name]Ari[/name]), and my favorite combo is [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Snow[/name]. Thanks for any input!

[name]Aurelia[/name] has been on my favorites list for a long time, and I’ve suggested it as a name for both my girls. I think it sounds really beautiful and sophisticated, but my partner says it reminds him too much of the word “oral” (especially the French form, [name]Aurelie[/name]), and also the words “Oh really” lol. But I agree that it’s such a regal name, and sounds lovely with a shorter middle name. It’s fairly unusual, and most people I’ve mentioned it to haven’t even heard of it. I love it, but realistically I probably wouldn’t use it on one of my kids because of the associations my partner mentioned.

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name]! It’s a lovely name and one of my favorites, but I can’t decide if it’s too over the top to use on an actual child. I’ve never actually met an [name]Aurelia[/name]. Are you pronouncing it with [name]REE[/name] or [name]RAY[/name] in the middle?

Aur”lie is pretty, but in English it sounds too much like ‘orally’. I definitely prefer [name]Aurelia[/name]. Auri is nice, but I like [name]Lia[/name] for a nickname better. I think [name]Aurelia[/name] needs a more classic middle to ground its princessiness than [name]Snow[/name]-- maybe something like [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name] or [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Frances[/name].

I much prefer [name]Aurelia[/name] to [name]Aurelie[/name] because of the “orally” connection that [name]Jay[/name] mentioned. I also love the ancient [name]Roman[/name] history that [name]Aurelia[/name] evokes. My only real problem is that I prefer it said “Au-ray-lia,” which I don’t think is strictly correct, but so much prettier than “Au-ree-lia” to me.

I really like the name in theory, but I can’t imagine saying it all the time. Does that make sense?

[name]Aurelia[/name] is one of my top favorite names. It is incredibly beautiful.

I used to have a friend who’s daughter was named [name]Aurelia[/name]. Her daughter died in a car accident but I always thought her name was beautiful. I had a problem with pronouncing it at first but now I really like it! [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Snow[/name] is gorgeous btw.