Aurora and Alara? Too Close

So my SIL got pregnant the same time we did. She is giving birth first and they know it’s a girl. They have picked out the name Alara Angel. Alara pronounced (ah-lair-uh) Like the car Alero but with an A at the end.

We don’t know what we’re having yet but we had the name Aurora Elizabeth picked for a girl with the nickname “Ro.”

My question is are Alara and Aurora too close for cousins?

Should we choose a different name? It took forever for us to agree on Aurora, we have completely different tastes in names.

If it’s a boy his name will be Maurice Herman-David. BTW
Maurice is my father’s middle name. Herman is my husband’s paternal grandfather’s middle name (who he is named after.) David was my paternal grandfather’s name.

I don’t think so. In my opinion, Alara and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] feel completely different, and the nickname “[name_f]Ro[/name_f]” separates them even more. If it was a sibset, it would be too close, but I know cousins that have the same names so I think Alara and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] are definitely alright.

Not at all! Both names are lovely and I don’t think they’re similar for cousins at all

No, I don’t think they’re too close for cousins at all. For siblings, yeah but seeing as they will be just cousins I think it’ll be fine.

I agree with the other posters. They’re not too close for cousins. [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is a lovely name!

Too close for sisters, but for cousins- completely fine!

I agree with the previous posters- I thought you were going to ask about sisters not cousins! I didn’t realize it until after we named our daughter, but all the girl cousins on my husband’s side of the family are

[name_f]Azalea[/name_f]
Panelia
[name_f]Sophia[/name_f]
[name_f]Thalia[/name_f]

It wasn’t on purpose, it just happened that way!

They are too close, even for cousins (as opposed to siblings), imo. But if the similarity doesn’t bother you, that’s all that really matters. It won’t really negatively impact their lives to share similar names. I just don’t like it.

They aren’t that close tbh, Alara and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] will be nice as cousin names.

I think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and Alara are fine for cousins. Heck, I would think [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] would be fine as cousins lol. [name_f]Ro[/name_f] and Alara are an adorable cousin set.