Aurora vs Aura

So [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] has been on my list for a while and I still absolutely love it. I recently stumbled upon the name [name_f]Aura[/name_f] and I’ve kinda been crushing on it.
What’s your take on this name. Is it better than [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]? Could it be a nn for [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]? Does it work well on its own? [name_m]Just[/name_m] want to get some opinions

1 Like

Personally, [name_f]Aura[/name_f] gives me a similar impressions to “halo”. For this reason I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] more. But [name_f]Aura[/name_f] would be a really cute nn to go along with it

How do you pronounce it! I personally like it better given how it’s much fresher and I see [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] a lot! I pronounce it Ow-rah

They give me two completely different vibes, [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] a princessy one and [name_f]Aura[/name_f] a more futuristic one. I personally prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] but [name_f]Aura[/name_f] is still pretty as well and definitely can stand on its own.

1 Like

I personally would pronounce it with less of an emphasis on the ow part…more like Or-ah if that makes any sense. With that being said, I heard it from family friends who are from Mexico so their accent and pronunciation were different than the way my accent and pronunciation would sound.

2 Likes

Aura is fantastical and sweet - it’s really struck me today. I think i might prefer it as I find it easier to say than [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

1 Like

When my husband gets a migraine, it always starts with an aura, so I can’t get past that image of him suffering on his sofa.

Aurora is nice, and I love [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f].

1 Like

I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Aura[/name_f].

2 Likes

I’m from Mexico how charming! I love it either pronunciation! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: it’s a beautiful name that reminds me of [name_f]Laura[/name_f] both Spanish pronunciation wise!

2 Likes

I second this. I struggle to pronounce [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but it feels more established as a name. I like it when other people say it! [name_f]Aura[/name_f] definitely is a good nickname.

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], and I think that [name_f]Aura[/name_f] would make a fantastic nn for it!

I think I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] more.
I also like [name_f]Ora[/name_f], a Hebrew name, which means light, and is pronounced “Oh-rah”

I prefer the melodic sound of [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], though like the whimsical feel of [name_f]Aura[/name_f] too.

I personally prefer [name_f]Aura[/name_f]. It’s less frilly and less of a tongue twister.

I have [name_f]Aura[/name_f] on my list as a combined honor middle! (Honoring an [name_u]Ari[/name_u] and a [name_f]Laura[/name_f]). I think it’s charming and a unique alternative to [name_f]Aria[/name_f] which is popular right now.

I think of the medical term “aura” (first step of migraine). I prefer [name_f]Aurora[/name_f].

Our neighbors named their kid [name_f]Aura[/name_f]!

I also like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] nn [name_f]Aura[/name_f].

I second [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] “[name_f]Aura[/name_f]”, it’s very intuitive and [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is a beautiful name with connections to both a princess and the [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] Borealis. It means dawn and is just so elegant and I think would go better on an adult than full name [name_f]Aura[/name_f]. But the sounds for [name_f]Aura[/name_f] are already in the name, and with it starting w Au you could easily take the spelling from [name_f]Ora[/name_f] to [name_f]Aura[/name_f] for the nn!

Aura is also the name for energy. And for this for me it tops [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] especially as [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] is quite popular, well here at least ([name_u]South[/name_u], UK)

I like [name_f]Aura[/name_f]. I’m not a fan of the “Disney [name_f]Princess[/name_f]” connotation with [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]. I have an [name_f]Aurelia[/name_f] and her NN is [name_f]Aura[/name_f] sometimes. We don’t carry the ‘Aw’ pronouciation over to her nickname.