Auroradawn's Baby...Girl!

Everyone was right. We had a girl!
Deliverance [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] beat the midwives by a few minutes. We got our homebirth, though it was even more “rustic” than we’d planned! [name_f]My[/name_f] husband caught her while my mom cheered us on, and the midwives did all the postpartum checkups and such.

We had her name chosen since before our first son was born. I found Deliverance years ago in a children’s story about the Puritans, and it was on one of my lists as a middle name when my husband said “Why not use it as a first?” [name_m]Psalm[/name_m] 32:7 was on my mind before she was born: “Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance.”
I like Liv/Livvy as a nn if she needs one.

Before we were married, my husband and I had a conversation about the end scene of The [name_m]Lord[/name_m] of the Rings books and movies, where [name_u]Sam[/name_u] comes home to [name_f]Rosie[/name_f] and their little daughter [name_f]Elanor[/name_f]. That scene was one of the visions we had for our life together, and my wedding march was “Elanor,” from the movie scene. We considered it as a first name but decided against the combination of a popular name with an unusual spelling for a first. In Tolkien’s Elvish, [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] is a flower name meaning “sun-star.”

Big brothers [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] and [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] are pretty tickled. [name_m]Ransom[/name_m] is already trying to show her all his trucks and “teach her how to use her arms.” [name_m]Tobias[/name_m]: “Pat baby! Hug baby!”

And huge thanks to all of you who participated in our arduous search for a boy name this time. He would have been [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m].

63 Likes

Congratulations! I love how meaningful her name is :heart:

1 Like

Wow! What an incredible name! I love it so much – especially [name_f]Elanor[/name_f], which I love for the same exact reason as you. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Congratulations on your sweet baby girl!

5 Likes

Congratulations! I love the special meaning that [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] has to you and your husband.

1 Like

Congratulations! I’m obsessed with her name!! :heart_eyes: And I love how special it is to your family :heart:

1 Like

What a great story behind her name. She is clearly so loved. I hope her brothers continue to adore her as everyone settles in.

1 Like

Congratulations! I love that you found such a meaningful and beautiful name!

1 Like

Congratulations!!

1 Like

Congratulations! Deliverance is a fabulous choice, and I love the flow and meaning of the combo as a whole. Wishing your lovely family all the best :heart:

(P.S. @seawillow you need to see this name! :heart_eyes: )

8 Likes

Deliverance [name_f]Elanor[/name_f] is dreamy :heart_eyes: congratulations :heart::heart:

1 Like

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful name :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

congratulations!

1 Like

I love that the little girl you imagined for your future together came to be. Congratulations on your newest addition and the opportunity to use such a special name.

2 Likes

What a wonderful story behind a beautiful name! Congratulations to your family :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

congratulations! what a wonderful name she has!

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

What a beautiful name and meaning! Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! What a stunning!

1 Like

Congrats :partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Such an amazing and beautifully meaningful name - congratulations!

1 Like