Austin for a girl name

I’ve been thinking about naming our girl Austin Cait. Our last name is Ott*****, so the first sound is an alliteration. Thoughts?

Edit: Okay, so we do like it spelled Austen as well, so thank you for your feedback on spelling!

I like it on a girl! I do prefer [name_u]Austin[/name_u] [name_f]Cait[/name_f] spelled [name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] but either way it’s beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks! I think so, too. I’ve been playing around with the spelling of the first, but the middle is named after my sister, whose middle name is [name_f]Caitlin[/name_f]. But I like [name_f]Kate[/name_f], too.

Thanks for your insight!

2 Likes

I think [name_u]Austen[/name_u] could lean unisex with the [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] association. I don’t really like [name_u]Austin[/name_u] for a girl, with that spelling. It seems masculine and also a little dated. [name_u]Austen[/name_u] feels literary so feels fresher for some reason.

Your concern is the flow with your last name which is most important, but I’m not sure as I’m trying to think of different last names that it could be like. Only you can really decide if [name_u]Austin[/name_u] Ott__ flows well or not. It is likely okay although not perfect, unless it is rhyme-y like [name_u]Austin[/name_u] Ottm@n. I also, prefer the spelling [name_u]Austen[/name_u].

[name_u]Austin[/name_u] [name_f]Cait[/name_f] is very sweet! If it was me I think I would go for [name_u]Austen[/name_u], however. I know a girl called [name_u]Austen[/name_u] and it fits her well.

I like [name_u]Austin[/name_u]! [name_u]Austen[/name_u] does seem a bit more soft and feminine and has the [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u] association too. [name_f]Cait[/name_f] looks unfinished and like a nickname. I prefer [name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_f]Cate[/name_f] or [name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_f]Kate[/name_f] just because they look more like standalone names. [name_u]Austen[/name_u] is so pretty and has the cute pet name Aussy! So adorable and good luck!

I do prefer the [name_u]Austen[/name_u] spelling (cute literary tie) but [name_u]Austin[/name_u] [name_f]Cait[/name_f] is nice

Echoing preference for the spelling [name_u]Austen[/name_u]! The “e” softens the name in a nice way.

I agree with the previous posters, I prefer [name_u]Austen[/name_u] :slight_smile:

To be honest I don’t like it for a girl. It’s just too masculine sounding for me… [name_m]Just[/name_m] my opinion ! If you’re super convinced this is the right name for your baby then I say go for it… :slight_smile:

Makes me think of [name_f]Jane[/name_f] [name_u]Austen[/name_u]. (I like)

[name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_f]Cait[/name_f] is quite cute. I like [name_u]Austen[/name_u] [name_f]Cate[/name_f] better but…ehhh preferences.

2 Likes

I like it a lot!

I knew a female [name_u]Austin[/name_u], so it works for me! I think the [name_u]Austen[/name_u] spelling is nicer though.

[name_f]Cait[/name_f] is probably my favorite spelling of [name_f]Kate[/name_f].

However, I’m not sure I’m a huge fan of the repeated sounds in the first and last name unfortunately :frowning: love the name otherwise.

I don’t really like Austin on a girl, though I do like the Cait spelling. Maybe Austen Cait, like Jane Austen?

I’ve known a few female Austen/Austin’s (I think there was even a popular country song when I was little about a girl named Austin) so though it’s not my personal style I think it works well on a girl.