Averly?

My husband and I have been having a hard time finding a name that we both love.
I came across the name Averly, and we both like it.
I normally prefer either traditional or nature names, but we both really like the sound of this one.
Is it too different? I thought about using the nickname [name]Ava[/name], (not sure )
We don’t care for [name]Avery[/name], even though it’s very similar, it is more masculine to us, since we know boys with that name.
Hubby doesn’t like [name]Everly[/name].

I actually kind of like it! Which surprises me, because [name]Everly[/name] is too trendy for me, and [name]Avery[/name] is one of my favorite boys’ names… It has a bit of a Victorian feel to me, sort of like Avonlea, if that makes sense. Speaking of which, does Avonlea appeal to you? You could still use [name]Ava[/name]/[name]Avie[/name] as a nn, and it has that literary appeal. I think [name]Aveline[/name]/Avelina or Avelaine, or even [name]Aviana[/name] would be other attractive ways to get to [name]Ava[/name].

Averly does seem a bit made-up (maybe because of [name]Waverly[/name]? or because it’s so close to [name]Everly[/name] and [name]Avery[/name]?), but I do like it a lot. I would go with a classic, somewhat romantic MN (like Averly [name]Charlotte[/name], or something?). I think [name]Waverly[/name] is an attractive option, as well.

Good luck!

1 Like

I do like it, but it screams made up trendy to me. I don’t think it’s a name that will age well, which is one of the main thing sI look at when picking out names myself.

I like [name]Avery[/name] for a girl, I thought it was a girls name.

[name]Avery[/name] is unisex, but we have friends that used it their sons, so to us it is more masculine. [name]One[/name] has a sister named Avonlea!
I didn’t make the name up, I am not that creative! Although, I don’t know if a made up name is good or bad. I guess they were all made up at some point.

anyone else?

I love the name [name]Everly[/name] but Averly just seems kind of strange to me… I do think it could work if you love it though.

Averly sounds like a mispronunciation of [name]Avery[/name].

It’s nms but I think it looks good:)

If Averly is the only name u both like go for it. [name_f]Do[/name_f] I like it No. but I also don’t like [name_f]Ava[/name_f] (too popular) or [name_u]Avery[/name_u] (too trendy). I’m also sure u prob don’t like any of the names I have chosen for my girl. There is no negative connotation I can think of w that name so really not down side!