Ayla vs. Brielle

Aila (prn like [name]Isla[/name]) and [name]Aili[/name] (like Eye-lee) are both Finnish names sometimes given as “variants of [name]Helen[/name]”, though I think there are sometimes other meanings given as well. [name]Ayla[/name] might be seen by some as a different take on Aila, whether pronounced Ay-la or like [name]Isla[/name]. That’s probably the [name]Helen[/name] connection, I’d think.

I had more time today than one of my prev entries so here’s more background on the name’s Hebrew and Turkish connections: oak tree in Hebrew, not gazelle. [name]Ayelet[/name] means gazelle.

Aila [name]Helena[/name] is my daughter’s name. She was named for a Finnish great-grandmother. Everyone thinks it is very pretty when they hear it but it often is mis-pronounced “A”-la by those who haven’t heard it aloud. [name]Isla[/name], [name]Ayla[/name], [name]Ila[/name], Aila are the variations I know of. I would be aware of the “Children of the [name]Earth[/name]” Heroine named [name]Ayla[/name] if I were considering that spelling.