Azalea?

What do you picture when you hear the name [name]Azalea[/name]? Is it too much? It would be for a future sister to [name]Felix[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks for any insight!

In theory, it’s interesting and I like that it’s a lesser-used and pretty botanical name. However, I think it’s too much. With a brother named [name]Felix[/name], I’d try to find another quirky classic.

Botanicals:
[name]Iris[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Olive[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]
[name]Poppy[/name]

Some names I consider “quirkier” classics:
[name]Phoebe[/name]
[name]Edith[/name] nn [name]Edie[/name]
[name]Harriet[/name]
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Pearl[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Luna[/name]
[name]Stella[/name]
[name]Sylvie[/name]

Btw: I love the name [name]Felix[/name]!

I love [name]Azalea[/name], plus the nns [name]Lea[/name] and Zae are sooo cute! I don’t think its too much. I picture an outgoing and vivacious little girl when I hear the name. I also think that [name]Felix[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name] sounds really nice.

I really love this name, esp with [name]Felix[/name]. They just sound perfect together. Definitely not too much.

No, of course it’s not too much! If I were ever to change my name I would pick [name]Azalea[/name] though it’s more likely my future daughter, if ever I have one, will be named [name]Azalea[/name]. I think of a smart, spunky, fun-loving girl when I hear it. As to whether it’s usable, well I know of (don’t personally know but heard of through friends) two Azaleas.

I like [name]Azalea[/name] and Azalée (the french version), now I associate the name [name]Azalea[/name] with the hiphop artists [name]Iggy[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] or Azealia (correct spelling) [name]Banks[/name] so that’s those are how I picture an [name]Azalea[/name]. I think it goes great with [name]Felix[/name]!

I picture a blonde haired, blue eyed, curious, strong little girl but that could be because I’m writing a book and the main character’s niece is named [name]Azalea[/name] and that’s what she’s like. I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Felix[/name] together that is a gorgeous sibset.

I love it in general & love it even more with [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Both[/name] have the same snappy, old-timey feel for me! Kind of [name]Jazz[/name] age feeling, but not at all in an over-the-top silly way imo.

I like [name]Azalea[/name] A LOT! I don’t think its too much at all. Its beautiful! I also like the suggestion of nn Zae. hmmm In fact I think thats going on my list of girl names.

This is an interesting one. I do think the name itself fits well with [name]Felix[/name], but I have such a negative impression of this horribly ugly azalea bush I had one time and that’s all I can think about when I hear this name. Sorry!

Thanks Everyone!

claireelise- You mentioned many names that I love! [name]Stella[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Hazel[/name], [name]Tabitha[/name], [name]Olive[/name], & [name]Sylvie[/name]/[name]Sylvia[/name]… I just don’t know if I’m in [name]LOVE[/name] with any of them. Any [name]El[/name]- names are out because I have two nieces that begin with that. And sadly I used [name]Stella[/name] for a dog we once had.

Zae is an interesting nickname. My last name starts with a Z, so that gives me a little pause on using [name]Azalea[/name]. I was thinking she would go by [name]Azalea[/name], or just “Z.” Would it be too alliterative to have [name]Azalea[/name] Za…?

bonfireazalea~ It’s nice to hear that someone would love to have the name them self! I try to picture it on me, and I think it could work :slight_smile:

thelifespark~ I can definitely picture an [name]Azalea[/name] like that! Our little boy is dark haired and olive skinned with blue/green eyes. Which surprised me because I was so sure he was going to be a little blondie like his Dad was as a kid. Instead he looks like me :slight_smile:

catheyc~ I love [name]Azalea[/name] bushes! I think they are beautiful. But that is pretty funny about yours.

taz~ I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets a cool old-timey feel with this sib set. I am not really into botanical names… but [name]Azalea[/name] I just like.

So [name]Azalea[/name] is staying on the list! Thanks for your input everyone!

Sorry – just to clarify, normally, I love azalea bushes (I didn’t want people thinking I was some troll who hates pretty things!), but this particular one was awful (probably on its way out) and it will forever be burned in my mind.

Good luck! I’m looking forward to seeing what name you choose! :slight_smile:

catheyc ~ No worries! I assumed it was a specific bad azalea, and not a general hatred for the bush :slight_smile:

I think [name]Azalea[/name] is so different from [name]Rose[/name], [name]Lilly[/name], [name]Violet[/name], ect.

I don’t usually go for the soft flowery ones…[name]Azalea[/name] doesn’t have the grandma thing. It reminds me more of [name]Marigold[/name]…