'B' Poll

See the results of this poll: Which one’s your favourite?

Respondents: 37 (This poll is closed)

• Bella: 9 (24%)
  • Beatrice: 10 (27%)
  • Bronte: 4 (11%)
  • Blythe: 9 (24%)
  • Brittany: 3 (8%)
  • Bette: 2 (5%)

[name]Bella[/name] - this is lovely as a nn for [name]Isabella[/name], [name]Annabella[/name], [name]Arabella[/name] etc., but has been tainted a little for me by the Twilight connection.
[name]Beatrice[/name] - a beautiful, classic name. I was torn between this and [name]Blythe[/name].
[name]Bronte[/name] - a nice sound, but not my style.
[name]Blythe[/name] - I love, love, love the calm sound and meaning of this one. It’s especially good in middle position - this one got my vote.
[name]Brittany[/name] - seems a little dated to me.
[name]Bette[/name] - I love [name]Bette[/name]/y as a vintage nn for [name]Elizabeth[/name].

I chose “[name]Bella[/name].” Since I’ve been avoiding Twilight the name hasn’t worn out for me yet. I love feminine names that end in “a” and “[name]Bella[/name]” sounds to me as beautiful as its meaning of “beautiful.”

– [name]Nephele[/name]

As have I, [name]Nephele[/name], as have I. I really don’t understand the hype about it and I mean vampire teen romance? C’mon. If it’s vampires you’re after, try Dracula!

I’ve loved [name]Bella[/name] forever so I’m not letting that spoil it for me. And it’s meaning is what makes it for me, that’s why I appreciate it in its’ own right instead of a nn for [name]Annabelle[/name] or [name]Isobel[/name].

Thanks for replying:)

• [name]Charlie[/name]

That’s exactly how I’ve come to like it! I adore [name]Dante[/name] too, [name]Divina[/name] Comedia was brilliant. Especially loved Inferno. I’m sorry your husband doesn’t share your enthusiasm on [name]Beatrice[/name]:frowning:

Thanks for replying and to you too Twinkle, your opinions are very much appreciated. I’m beginning to think everyone is agreed that [name]Brittany[/name] is terminally dated. Such a shame, I love it so.

• [name]Charlie[/name]

[name]Hi[/name] :slight_smile: I loved your ‘A’ poll so much and I love this one too, you mak eit so hard to vote!

[name]Bella[/name]- I have to admit, I have read the twilight books and seen the films, I have also heard a lot of people think that this is a dogs name. However, neither twilight or dogs have changed my opinion on this name. Absolutely beautiful. I also love it on its own rather than as a nn.

[name]Beatrice[/name]- I love [name]Beatrice[/name] so much, elegant and cute at the same time, I adore nn [name]Bea[/name] and the meaning ‘she who brings happiness’ is just the icing on the cake.

[name]Bronte[/name]- amazing literary connection, awhile ago I was convinced that this would be my first daughters name and I still love it a lot and I think its so spunky especially with the meaning Thunder.

[name]Blythe[/name]- one of my favourite middle names, love the meaning and it simplicity, but to me it doesn’t jump out at me as much as the other ones.

[name]Brittany[/name]- I really like the sound of this one and living in the UK I have never met a [name]Brittany[/name] so to me it doesn’t sound dated, however it does remind me of ferries, which isn’t that much of a bad association, but that is all I can think of when I see the name.

[name]Bette[/name]- I love it’s vintage-ness, are you pronouncing it [name]Betty[/name] or [name]Bet[/name]? I love both and I think [name]Bette[/name] looks so much prettier than [name]Betty[/name] and I think that both pronoucniations sound gorgeous. wow, this is a new love for me.

This was such a hard one but in the end my vote has gone with [name]Bronte[/name], such love for greek names :slight_smile:

I voted “[name]Bella[/name]” but I wouldn’t actually use it myself. I know A LOT of dogs with the name [name]Belle[/name] or [name]Bella[/name].

Thank you so much! [name]Elena[/name], your comments are so brilliantly detailed and your opinions seriously are valued so I’m very grateful for all compliments and suggestions:)

I have been quite lazy recently and haven’t gotten 'round to putting up (of finishing) my list of 'C’s yet but it will be making an appearance very soon and I would love it if you could comment on them too.

Oh and as to [name]Bette[/name]‘s pronunciation, think [name]Bette[/name] Midler although I adore [name]Bette[/name] [name]Davis[/name]’ way too.

Thanks again:) '[name]Til[/name] next time…

• [name]Charlie[/name]

Yes, so do I but it hasn’t and won’t diminish my love of [name]Bella[/name].

Thanks for voting, watch out for the up and coming ‘C’ poll!

• [name]Charlie[/name]