Babies due April-June 2021

Thank you, I had to work to win my husband over with [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] but now he loves it :sweat_smile:

Gwyneth is so beautiful, and [name_u]Blair[/name_u] is so handsome!

I’ve had a feeling since I caught that I’m having a boy - but I know that means absolutely nothing! Lots of my friends have had girls recently so there might be something in the water. I’d be thrilled with whichever though :heart:

We’ll be finding out the gender as soon as possible! I don’t know how people just go the entire time without knowing the gender, it would drive me nuts!! I really want a girl, but I’d be just as happy with a boy.

For a girl we’re planning on naming her [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband’s grandmother is named [name_u]Jo[/name_u], my mom’s middle name is [name_u]Leigh[/name_u], and my dad’s middle name is [name_u]Ray[/name_u]. It all just kinda flowed together perfectly.

For a boy we’re planning on naming him [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]. [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] is my mother’s maiden name, and I’ve always loved it as a first name. I am super close to that side of my family as well, so I love the idea of honoring my whole family with the name and they absolutely love the idea too. [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] is my husband’s middle name that he really wanted to use, and I think it’s cute.

3 Likes

@nator_girl [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is so sweet! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Yay new members!

@bedhead1 water makes me nauseous too! It’s the worst!! I recently discovered that cranberry juice works for me, but feels like a lot of sugar to be having all the time.

@kiriko yes the empty stomach definitely makes my nausea worse. Sorry you puked in the bath tub lol :woozy_face: but love the name Elsie!

@nator_girl love Barrett Isaac!

I initially wanted to have a surprise on the sex, but have already caved and planning to find out at 12 week genetic testing, mostly because I think we will need the help deciding on a name. For a girl I was set on Greta but having second thoughts (and not sure I can get husband on board). I wish my other favorites (Eleanor, Nora, Sophie) were not so popular! I’m less opinionated on boy names so think they might be easier. I’m liking Edward or Frederick lately :slight_smile:

1 Like

@nator_girl I love [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] and [name_u]Barrett[/name_u]! So lovely!

@sarah1800 I absolutely love [name_f]Greta[/name_f] :open_mouth: [name_f]Nora[/name_f] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f] are so classic and wonderful. I’ve been looking at the [name_m]Ed[/name_m]- names for boys lately too, l’ve started to really like [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]!

2 Likes

Nator girl, [name_f]Jolie[/name_f] and [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] are both wonderful!

Sarah1800, I drink anything besides water. If at some point in the day I can stomach it it has to be really cold. Otherwise I drink cranberry juice also, lemonade or body armor.

2 Likes

I’m drinking lemonade constantly. I know that it’s probably too much sugar, but it’s what I can drink right now.

2 Likes

I am on the lemonade too!! I can’t drink plain water at the moment so that’s my current drink of choice

2 Likes

@nator_girl @trixiehobbit protip: add water to the lemonade (the main bottle thats in the fridge) just a tad to keep the taste while reducing the sugar and making sure youre staying hydrated.

1 Like

First ultrasound went great today! Our little gummy bear is measuring right on track at 7 weeks!

7 Likes

@sarah1800 - if it makes you feel any better about caving, [name_m]Ive[/name_m] never even waited 12 wks for the NIPT… I hit it as soon as it’s available at 10wks+, lol!

1 Like

For other high-volume information nerds… I found a cool informative page with lots of diagrams and detailed explanations.

**Warning: for those with diagnosed or suspected anxieties, may be best to skip, because different pregnancy outcomes are discussed within the text.

https://www.ultrasoundpaedia.com/normal-1sttrimester/

Goood morning! I had a thought, would folks be up for some small introductions? You know, if we’re going to all be keeping one another company and sharing updates on this thread? :pregnant_woman:t2:

I figured I’ve give a poll a go. Quick and easy. Let’s see if this makes sense!

1. When is your EDD (estimated due date) / When do you plan to deliver ?
  • [name_f]April[/name_f]
  • [name_f]May[/name_f]
  • [name_u]June[/name_u]

0 voters

1. Whereabouts do you live?
  • US - northeast / mid-atlantic
  • US - southeast
  • US - central
  • US - northwest
  • US - southwest
  • [name_f]Canada[/name_f]
  • UK or [name_f]Ireland[/name_f] or Iceland /Faroe Islands, etc.
  • Europe - north or west
  • Europe - south or central
  • Australia
  • [name_u]New[/name_u] Zealand
  • Middle East, Magreb, or Turkey
  • Africa - non-maghreb
  • Asia
  • Central or Southern America
  • Other! (Comment)

0 voters

1. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you have kids?
  • 3+

0 voters

1. Age Range?
  • Less than 18
  • 18 - 22
  • 23 - 25
  • 26 - 30
  • 31 - 34
  • 35 - 40
  • 41 - 44
  • 45 or more

0 voters

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi all! I am 6 weeks, 1 day pregnant with my first. Having a LOT of nausea/vomiting (as in hyperemesis gravidarum territory), so trying to keep that at bay. I have an ultrasound scheduled for early next week to confirm that everything looks good, which I am very nervous about but trying to stay optimistic!

DH thinks it’s a girl, I kind of do too but am trying to stay excited for the possibility of a boy too. We will likely do genetic testing at 8-10ish weeks to find out the gender.

So exciting!!

1 Like

@sunflowerbelle welcome and congrats!! Also, what test will the OB do at 8wks, holy cow! (cuz I want it, too!)

The NIPT (blood test that separates maternal and fetal DNA to sample fetal DNA for abnormalities to chromosomes 13, 18, 21, and X/Y) is available starting at week 10, but most OBs want patients to wait til wk 11 because its more reliable starting then.

There is a test that you can get online called Sneak Peek at 8 weeks that is apparently 99% accurate! But I will probably just wait for the cell-free DNA / NIPT at 10-11 weeks unless my insurance doesn’t cover it. I’m not at high risk for any of the trisomies but it would be good information to have regardless. I think my main struggle during this pregnancy (aside from my hyperemesis) is going to be staying optimistic about having a good outcome! I’ve seen a lot of really sick babies and kids, so it’s hard to remember sometimes that most babies are born healthy.

1 Like

I’m terrified of getting a wrong result. Rare I know but I know I still wouldn’t completely trust any test until an ultrasound to confirm.

So apparently I just don’t pay attention or I’m actually just going to blame it on pregnancy brain, on the polls I pressed the wrong thing on where I’m from and what age group I’m in. :woman_facepalming:t2:

I’m from [name_u]South[/name_u]-Central Oklahoma and I’m 25, not whatever I pressed in that poll :joy:

1 Like

Apparently its not even that rare to get a wrong result! With the Sneak Peek test the 99% accurate is based on perfect usage, but the process is quite difficult to get right.

You have to make sure there is absolutely no male DNA near the test (if youre living with a male partner that is super difficult) or else there’s a high chance of it coming back as a male baby regardless of the actual gender.

I know this because my friend took the test and it came back as a boy even though she went on to have a girl. After a bit of research, apparently its common due to user error.

Its tempting and a fun idea but Im definitely going to wait until the scan!

1 Like

How’s this week been treating everyone so far? @trixiehobbit @nator_girl @sarah1800 @bedhead1 @hyacinthbucket @Kiriko

I’m exhausted, like totally wiped. Feels as if someone snuck up behind me and flipped my master off switch.

Saw the OB and we got most of the symptoms from the debilitating pregnancy migraines reined in most of the days (pregnancy-safe meds). But 1-2 days / wk, I’m still getting taken down hard. Today’s been one of those days.

1 Like