Babies due April-June 2021

As there are at least 2 of us expecting now, I thought I’d start this thread - hopefully more will be joining soon!

I’m tentatively expecting my 2nd on about 23rd [name_f]April[/name_f]. Very early days so time will tell whether it sticks and all is well. I already have a daughter who is approaching 2.

I’ll need some people to suffer through morning sickness with, and to chat all things pregnancy. Last pregnancy sucked a little with baby not growing properly and birth not being the most pleasant (could’ve been worse!) so it’s good to have others to share with. Hoping for smoother sailing this time around though!

8 Likes

Yay I will tentatively join too! I’m around 5 weeks with a due date around [name_f]April[/name_f] 15, first pregnancy. I’ve had a little bit of nausea so far, but it comes and goes. [name_f]My[/name_f] first ultrasound is scheduled for Sept 1. Definitely looking forward to some official confirmation.

8 Likes

@sarah1800 yeh the official confirmation will be nice, won’t it! Last week I had tiredness and extra hunger and random 4am wakings and needing to pee more, but now I’m feeling absolutely normal again. No nausea, although I don’t remember it really kicking in until 6 weeks last time. I’ve just got a scan booked for sept 11th, really looking forward to getting an indication of whether all is well so far.

4 Likes

How are you feeling @Kiriko?
I’ve had consistent nausea this week except for yesterday, so of course I was freaking out, but it seems to be back. Yay?

1 Like

@sarah1800 still feeling really good. I’m not really sure what I would have felt like at this stage with my first pregnancy though, cause I got a gastro bug at 4 1/2 weeks with my daughter!

I’m only just over 5 weeks now, I think the morning sickness started around 6 weeks last time, and was super bad about 8-9 weeks. It was awful, I was a bit overweight so had weight to lose, but lost about 7-8 kg just because I couldn’t bring myself to eat anything.

So yeh, scary when you suddenly feel better… but not nice having the nausea back either!

Most days I still don’t feel pregnant at all, but other days I’m pretty tired, and some random days I feel like I just want to eat EVERYTHING. On Fri I ate two pieces of toast, a vege samosa, 2 sausages and 2 hash browns, a piece of quiche, a bowl of chickpea curry, and a couple of servings of fried rice. It was crazy, like the very hungry caterpillar! And then [name_m]Saturday[/name_m] I just felt totally normal again.

2 Likes

@sarah1800 how are you going? How was ultrasound?

Ultrasound was good! One baby on track for [name_f]April[/name_f]. The nausea is real and pretty exhausting though. How about you?

1 Like

Yay, glad to hear it’s all on track!

Yeh my nausea is starting to kick in too, which isn’t much fun. I’ve only vomited once so far, but feeling ill at various times for much of the day. Only just hit 7 weeks, too, so I know there’s another 2-3 weeks before it supposedly reaches its worst.

Trying really hard this time to keep eating when I feel sick - last time I pretty much just stopped eating for weeks, but I think an empty stomach can make the nausea worse. Hard to keep finding things that I feel I CAN eat though! Oranges and pretzels are good. And randomly a BK whopper, but def not fries with the oil. Are there any particular foods you’re finding okay?

And the sensitivity to smells… so bad.

Just popping in to say how cute it is that you two have just been chatting back and forth. Sorry you’re all alone. I hope a bunch of the TTC 2020 group will be joining you in the next month…

6 Likes

Haha yeh I certainly hope a bunch of the TTC group will be joining us too! Partly because we need some company over here, but mostly because it would just be amazing to see people happily getting their BFPs. If we don’t get more we might have to change it to the Babies due [name_f]April[/name_f]-Sept 2021 group lol.

I wondered if @nator_girl or @bedhead1 might join? But life’s busy, and there’s not AS much to talk about maybe once you’ve got the BFP perhaps, or not the same monthly angst, anyway!

3 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all!

I’m due in May 2021, 6 weeks pregnant today with our first baby! :blush:

3 Likes

Here!

Currently 6W6D? Have an appointment in a couple hours to confirm! I’m expecting #2 and have a 15 month old currently so they’ll be about 23 months apart. So far I feel fine other than some nausea that comes and goes throughout the day and is better some days than others.

How’s everyone?

4 Likes

Congratulations @bedhead1! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] the appointment goes well!
I’ve had some really bad nausea and dizziness over the past couple of days. Today has been the worst by far!

2 Likes

I’m here!! Thanks for tagging me, I love talking to people going through the same situation as me!

I’m 6w3d today. [name_f]My[/name_f] estimated due date is [name_f]May[/name_f] 4th, and my nerdy husband is way too excited about his “[name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars baby”. I have my first doctors appointment [name_f]Wednesday[/name_f], and I’m so excited to finally get to see my little nugget!!

6 Likes

Welcome and congratulations @trixiehobbit!

And so glad you’re joining the thread @bedhead1 and @nator_girl. Your due dates are all so close! [name_f]Hope[/name_f] your appt went well bedhead?

@bedhead1 my two will be 28 months apart, but that 5 months feels like a huge difference. I can’t even imagine still only having a 15 month old! [name_f]My[/name_f] girl’s an early talker which I’m hoping will help with the transition a bit. She was so sweet yesterday morning, lovingly rubbing my back while I vomited over the bath!

1 Like

Yes, everything looks great thank you! [name_f]My[/name_f] official due date is 4/30!

It’s a close gap but I’m excited and hoping they turn out the be the best of friends. DD is a good communicator and understands everything so I’m hoping that in about 9 months she’ll be way more developed and that will help things too! That is so sweet of your daughter!

Are you all thinking names yet? Finding out sex early? Hoping for a particular sex or have no preference?

The nausea stinks! I’ve been wearing my sea bands, sucking on preggi pops, chewing gum and munching on crackers. It helps. I’m also at the point where water is gross too and makes me nauseous.

1 Like

For those of you who have been pregnant more than once how is this pregnancy similar or different from your past pregnancies?

Even though it’s still very early this pregnancy so far feels exactly the same as my pregnancy with DD. All the same things at the same times. I feel like I’m living my DDs pregnancy all over again. It’s interesting!

True that the close age gap might help them be close friends! And actually mine is 21 months now and having a newborn too would be okay I think, just that we co-sleep and stuff so there are some things to sort out there.

We’ll probably find out the sex at the 20 week scan. I don’t have any preference except for having girls’ names that I’d like to use! [name_m]Just[/name_m] don’t feel so attached to any boys’ names, but that said, I’d probably be a bit sad if I never have a boy.

For a girl we’d probably go with [name_f]Elsie[/name_f] after my great-grandmother. I’d love a nature name in the middle but can’t find one that feels right. I love Br0ntë meaning thunder, but everybody would think it’s after authors. I think I like [name_f]Aurora[/name_f], but it seems a bit over-popular? The other girls’ name I love is [name_f]Sylvia[/name_f] (love forest meaning), but it’s too s and l heavy to use as a middle to [name_f]Elsie[/name_f]. It’s another contender for the first name though.

For a boy we’ll probably go with [name_m]Patrick[/name_m], maybe [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] R@lph. [name_m]Patrick[/name_m] is my SO’s suggestion, I’ve always preferred names like [name_m]Sebastien[/name_m], [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_m]Ross[/name_m], [name_u]Dorian[/name_u], [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m], and recently [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]. But [name_m]Patrick[/name_m]’s grown on me, and most of my suggestions have been strongly vetoed.

So far this pregnancy is feeling really different to my first in a few ways. I got an instant strong positive 2 days before AF was due - and knew to test because I was already waking in the night to pee! - whereas last time the extra line was taking 10 mins to appear and barely there even days after my missed period. M/S has also been a lot better so far, possibly because I’ve managed to keep eating. Last time the food aversions and nausea were so bad I pretty much stopped eating altogether for a couple of weeks, I wonder if the empty stomach made the nausea even worse and I kinda got stuck there?

Keen to hear others’ thoughts on names and finding out the sex!

2 Likes

I’d love to be the type of person who could leave the gender as a surprise, but I am so impatient and a major control freak. We’ll definitely be finding out at the earliest opportunity :sweat_smile:

In terms of names, our top for a girl is [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]. Our favourite for a boy is [name_u]Dexter[/name_u] [name_u]Atlas[/name_u]. We’ve got a few other choices in case we look at the baby and none of them fit :blush:

2 Likes