Baby 2 is a surprise boy!

We didn’t find out the sex, but were convinced our new baby would be a girl…

After a very different pregnancy and birth experience compared to last time (not during peak pandemic this time!) our second son was born: Dashiell Jem Rudolph 🩵 As ever, my husband and I struggled to find a boy’s name, and really weren’t sure about Dashiell until the eleventh hour. Of course now we can’t envision our boy any other way!

Dashiell: I’m a fan of Dashiell Hammet, but mostly we just liked the gorgeous sound of it and peppy, cute nickname Dash.

Jem: We wanted a shorter middle name to offset the other names, and Jem seemed cool enough to fit the bill. Also a reference to Jem Finch (To Kill a Mockingbird), Jem Mackenzie (Outlander) and Jem Morrissay from my childhood fave, The Hollow Tree.

Rudolph: We’ve given both kids my surname as a middle since they’ll have my husband’s surname.

Little Dashie is a welcome addition to the family and big brother Amory (who you might recall was a previous Babyberry!) is very fond of him.

And for now, our beloved girl name gets tucked away, in case we’re brave enough to do it all again one day…

45 Likes

Congratulations!!! Dashiell is such a handsome name, as is Amory- such a cool brother set!

1 Like

congratulations!! love seeing the lovey [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] being used

1 Like

Massive congratulations, your second son has a gorgeous name!

1 Like

Huge congratulations to you, [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_m]Jem[/name_m] [name_m]Rudolph[/name_m] is just gorgeous and goes so well with Amory!! Wishing you and your family tons of health and happiness going forward :green_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! I hope everyone is doing well :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] is a awesome name! It’s dazzling and energetic. I also adore to see [name_m]Jem[/name_m] being used. So sweet and charming! At last, just like I said when your oldest son was born, I love that you used your surname, it’s so refreshing and important to see that! Using both surnames shows the connection between the maternal and paternal families. It also honors various family members!
Dashiell’s full name is bright, unique and captivating! It sounds happy and friendly.
Your sons have wonderful names! They sound really good together.

1 Like

Both your sons have gorgeous names! Congratulations!

1 Like

Huge congratulations!

I love Dashiel1 my manager actually has a son with this name and I think he’s so gorgeous. I always compliment her on the name she chose for her son. So here I am complimenting another mama with a son named the ever so gorgeous Dashiel1. I love the middle names as well they are so bright and sparkly.
He sounds fab with big brother Am0ry.

Wishing you all the best with the band of brothers and I hope your recovering well 🩵

1 Like

Congratulations! His name is wonderfully warm and literary – [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] and [name_m]Jem[/name_m] are both faves of mine, and I love that your boys share your surname as a middle name connection.

1 Like

congratulations! gorgeous name, goes amazingly with his brothers! :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank you for your effusive, lovely comment :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So nice to read!

1 Like

Thank you very much! We’re recovering well and finding our new rhythm as a family of 4 :blush:

1 Like

How exciting!! Congrats on your second boy. [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] is such a great name and it’s also so nice to see [name_m]Jem[/name_m] being used

Congratulations!