Baby #3 is a GIRL :)

[name]Baby[/name] girl due in [name]April[/name] is a little girl! We’re thrilled :smiley: Girls’ names are so fun, but SO MUCH HARDER. Our last name is [name]Crosby[/name] and we have a son and daughter [name]Nathan[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) and [name]Tessa[/name].

Here’s our list that just won’t shorten, so at my sister-in-law’s advice, I came here!!

[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and”.

[name]Alaina[/name] (Uh-[name]LANE[/name]-uh)
[name]Amelia[/name] (Possible nickname (nn): [name]Mia[/name])
[name]Caitlyn[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] (NN: [name]Celia[/name])
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Elise[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Kathleen[/name] (NN: [name]Katie[/name])
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] (I know, sounds “sing-song” but “I love [name]Lucy[/name]” and hate the other full names that go with it) !
[name]Marissa[/name]
[name]Natalie[/name]
[name]Norah[/name]
[name]Olivia[/name]

Congratulations! I love your children’s names, [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. Here are my thoughts on your list:

[name]Alaina[/name] (Uh-[name]LANE[/name]-uh): I like the [name]Elena[/name] spelling better, but don’t feel this is as classic as [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name].

[name]Amelia[/name] (Possible nickname (nn): [name]Mia[/name]): I like [name]Amelia[/name], but again, don’t think it’s the best complement to your other children’s names.

[name]Caitlyn[/name]: Again, not as classic. I prefer the [name]Caitlin[/name] spelling.

[name]Cecilia[/name] (NN: [name]Celia[/name]): This is adorable and I see it going well with your other children.

[name]Delia[/name]: Also cute, but prefer [name]Cecilia[/name].

[name]Elise[/name]: This feels a bit stiffer than [name]Tessa[/name], more serious.

[name]Evelyn[/name]: Very cute. Could see this working with [name]Evie[/name] as a nn.

[name]Kathleen[/name] (NN: [name]Katie[/name]): I love [name]Katie[/name], but prefer [name]Katherine[/name] or [name]Catherine[/name] to [name]Kathleen[/name].

[name]Laura[/name]: This is an interesting contrast to [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name], but somehow doesn’t feel right. What about [name]Clara[/name]?

[name]Lily[/name]: I prefer [name]Lucy[/name] to [name]Lily[/name]. What about [name]Millie[/name]?

[name]Lucy[/name] (I know, sounds “sing-song” but “I love [name]Lucy[/name]” and hate the other full names that go with it) !: This would make a cute sibset with [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. I like the -y ending, nice to have variety of endings with your names.

[name]Marissa[/name]: [name]How[/name] about [name]Clarissa[/name]?

[name]Natalie[/name]: I think [name]Natalie[/name] is too close to [name]Nathan[/name].

[name]Norah[/name]: This has a cute, vintage-y feel that matches [name]Tessa[/name], but do you want to have two N names–[name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Norah[/name]?

[name]Olivia[/name]: [name]Love[/name] [name]Olivia[/name], if the popularity doesn’t bother you.

This is a great list. I can see why you’re having a hard time narrowing it down. My favorites with [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] are (in the following order) [name]Cecilia[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Katie[/name] ([name]Katherine[/name]/[name]Catherine[/name]), and [name]Lucy[/name].

Congrats! Girls names are so much fun (and hard because there are so many great ones!). [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] are both so cute ([name]Tessa[/name] is one of my personal favorites :slight_smile: ).

[name]Alaina[/name] - This name doesn’t feel as classic as [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name], and while it’s pretty it might encounter more spelling/pronunciation issues than it’s worth (I’ve seen it spelled [name]Elena[/name], [name]Elaina[/name], etc).
[name]Amelia[/name] - Classic, pretty and goes very well with [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]!
[name]Caitlyn[/name] - [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Caitlyn[/name] are a bit rhymy/close, plus [name]Caitlyn[/name]'s feels less timeless.
[name]Cecilia[/name] - I love [name]Cecilia[/name]. If you were going to call her [name]Celia[/name] most of the time you might just consider it as a full name. I love [name]Celia[/name] with [name]Tessa[/name].
[name]Delia[/name] - Prefer [name]Celia[/name], though [name]Delia[/name] is pretty as well. [name]Love[/name] the nickname [name]Dee[/name].
[name]Elise[/name] - pretty but a bit plain next to [name]Tessa[/name], which is more uncommon.
[name]Evelyn[/name] - I’ve never personally loved [name]Evelyn[/name] but it goes well with your kid’s names and has [name]Evie[/name] as a cute nn.
[name]Kathleen[/name] - there’s always been something about [name]Kathleen[/name] that I’ve liked a lot. I wouldn’t do [name]Katie[/name] with [name]Nate[/name] (because if you shorten it to [name]Kate[/name] then [name]Kate[/name] and [name]Nate[/name] are way too similar), but [name]Kathy[/name] is a cute and underused nickname.
[name]Laura[/name] - doesn’t fit as well with [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] as some other names on your list.
[name]Lily[/name] - I’ve always viewed [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Lily[/name] as perfect sister names, I don’t know why. It’s popular but if you’re okay with that then I love this name with your set.
[name]Lucy[/name] - [name]Love[/name] this name. I think it works fine as a full name, I’ve known a number of [name]Lucy[/name]'s and they’ve never gone by anything longer. [name]Lucy[/name] goes very nicely with your set and I think this is a nice, less popular alternative to [name]Lily[/name].
[name]Marissa[/name] - because I grew up with a handful of [name]Marissa[/name]'s in the 90s the name feels dated to me.
[name]Natalie[/name] - this name doesn’t really sparkle for me but again that’s just my personal feeling. It’s also a bit more popular than your other kid’s names.
[name]Norah[/name] - for some reason [name]Norah[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] feel a bit matchy to me, but I love [name]Norah[/name] so I could look past that.
[name]Olivia[/name] - I love [name]Olivia[/name], though it’s very, very popular. A beautiful choice nonetheless.

My favorite from your list with [name]Nathan[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) and [name]Tessa[/name] are [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name]. I also adore [name]Celia[/name] and think you should consider it as a fn. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I think [name]Lucy[/name] goes best with [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. I think it’s fine as a first name without a longer name.

Congrats!

With [name]Nathan[/name] ([name]Nate[/name]) and [name]Tessa[/name], my favorites are:
[name]Celia[/name] (I would make this the first name rather than [name]Cecilia[/name])
[name]Delia[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Lily[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name] (I don’t find this sing-song at all)

Normally I would avoide another N or T name and would probably avoid another girl name ending in -a, but I really love [name]Delia[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] would be a great fit too. [name]Lily[/name] or [name]Lucy[/name] are really perfect complements to [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name] imo. Other ideas:
[name]Audrey[/name]
[name]Eve[/name] nn [name]Evie[/name]
[name]Georgia[/name]
[name]Claire[/name]
[name]Maia[/name]/[name]Maya[/name]

Good luck!

Great opinions so far! This board does rock!

My hesitation with [name]Celia[/name] is [name]Celia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]… [name]Celia[/name] C… celiac disease.And I love the names [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Lucy[/name], but am hesitant with our last name ([name]Crosby[/name])

Yeah, I see your hesitation with [name]Celia[/name]- it’s one of my favorite names, though, and it sounds fabulous with [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. However my favorite for you is [name]Lucy[/name] and I think [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] sounds adorable. I also like [name]Evelyn[/name] ([name]Evie[/name]) and [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name], but the latter two might be too popular, idk if you care about that.

My out of the blue suggestion is [name]Madeline[/name]- I think [name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Madeline[/name] or [name]Maddy[/name] sounds so sweet. [name]Madeline[/name] [name]Crosby[/name] is so sweet!

Good luck :slight_smile:

My favorites with your ln are:
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]- Sounds great with [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]
[name]Alaina[/name] Crosy- I far prefer [name]Elaina[/name] though.
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Lillian[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]- Flow better than [name]Lily[/name] does imo.
[name]Norah[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]

[name]Amelia[/name] would probably be my favorite with [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name], followed by [name]Lily[/name].

with your last name and other children, I like [name]Laura[/name] the best. good luck (:

Gotta love DH…he comes home from work today and blurts out “[name]LYDIA[/name]”. [name]Lydia[/name]! I absolutely love it. What do you think?

[name]Lydia[/name] is perfect! I like it even better than [name]Lucy[/name], and it goes better with [name]Crosby[/name].

[name]Lydia[/name] would be beautiful with [name]Nathan[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]! But i also thought that the name [name]Eliza[/name] would be darling for you! [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] & [name]Eliza[/name] are made for each other!

love [name]Lydia[/name]!

I love [name]Lydia[/name] and [name]Eliza[/name]!

I also have a [name]Tessa[/name], and am expecting my second daughter in [name]March[/name]! I’m having a terrible time coming up with another girl name…so I was excited to see your post since we seem to have similar tastes. Here are the names on my list for dd #2:

sasha
shelby
elise
ayla
alyse
sage
celia
libby
maren
nina
cecily
misha
samara
bridget
cleo
greer
arden
lyra
cora

[name]Lydia[/name] is quite pretty, but it seems a little more…somber? than [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. Yet with a playful middle name, you could definitely make it work. Not sure if you like [name]Madeline[/name]? That’s my number 1 for you, it just seems to fit perfectly. Maybe as an MN also- [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] is very cute! :slight_smile:

[name]Lydia[/name] is quite pretty, but it seems a little more…somber? than [name]Nate[/name] and [name]Tessa[/name]. Yet with a playful middle name, you could definitely make it work. Not sure if you like [name]Madeline[/name]? That’s my number 1 for you, it just seems to fit perfectly. Maybe as an MN also- [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Madeline[/name] is very cute! :slight_smile:

We’ve come down to our final 4, I believe:

[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]

In order of the name on its own:

[name]Olivia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Laura[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]

In order of the name with your other children’s names:

[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Laura[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]
[name]Nate[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Crosby[/name]

Would [name]Olivia[/name] be [name]Liv[/name]? Would [name]Evelyn[/name] be [name]Evie[/name] or [name]Lynn[/name]?

Wow out of those four I would say [name]Lydia[/name] by a landslide in my opinion. [name]Nathan[/name], [name]Tessa[/name] and [name]Lydia[/name] are perfect.