Baby #4

Hi!

Baby #4 on the way so looking for input on names again…

Our other kids are Caleb, Meira (pronounced Meerah) & Elena (pronounced Elayna) so I feel pressured to pick another 5-letter name even though 2 of our boy favorites aren’t. Here are some we like/have considered…
Boys: Nathan, Gabriel (Gabe), Jacob, Derek, Micah, Jesse
Girls: Lydia, Lucia (Lucy), Norah

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

I love [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], [name_m]Micah[/name_m] and [name_m]Jesse[/name_m] for boys
I’d suggest [name_m]Noah[/name_m] for a girl

1 Like

There’s some notable E trend going on, in terms of sounds you like.

For boys, [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] fits the best. Runner up: [name_m]Derek[/name_m].

For girls: [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]?

1 Like

For boys I love [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_f]Meira[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] & … [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] (Gabe) or [name_m]Jesse[/name_m]

For girls I love [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_f]Meira[/name_f], [name_f]Elena[/name_f] & … [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] (Lucy)

Also just curious but are you guys pronouncing [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] as Lu-ci-ah or Loo-che-ah?

For the boy names I just want to add 2 points I don’t know if you thought of. I bring them up because like you I would feel the pressure for a 5 letter name if I were in your position and these were just 2 other things I would personally stress about myself

1. If you use [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] you have the 5 letters for all kids covered. That’s great. But now all your girl names end in an and all your boy names end in b. I don’t know if this baby is planned on being your last or if a baby #5 is a possibility of the future. But if I used [name_m]Jacob[/name_m], I would then feel pressure for another name to end in a or b, as the names would feel uneven to me if I didn’t. So for that reason I would avoid [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] as a first name

2. I’m guessing this must not be something that bothers you but if you used [name_m]Micah[/name_m] then would it bother you that him and [name_f]Meira[/name_f] would share the same first initial? Many people name all their kids the same letter or the first 2 and not the next so I don’t think it would be abnormal if you did use [name_m]Micah[/name_m] (I do like the name too and it does go well with your kids names) but for me personally I’d avoid it because I would want all my kids to have a different letter

I definitely wouldn’t worry about pressure for 5 letters though. If you love [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] or [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] the most I say use them! Both [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] and [name_m]Gabe[/name_m] sounds great with your kids’ names and have a nice flow when you say them together. I think if all your kids’ names are close to the length in size not letters then it doesn’t matter to much!

1 Like

I love [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] & [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] for you :white_heart: :sparkles::blush:

1 Like

I really like [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m], [name_f]Lucia[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_m]Nathan[/name_m] and [name_m]Jesse[/name_m] for you!! Good meanings, sweet sounds and solid choices.

I wouldn’t have noticed the five letter think tbh

A few others:

[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucas[/name_m]
[name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Abner[/name_m]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Naomi[/name_f]
[name_f]Klara[/name_f]
[name_f]Pearl[/name_f]
[name_f]Nadia[/name_f]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Gemma[/name_f]

1 Like

First, I wouldn’t have the five letter thing as main priority. If say, you have two faves and it helps decide one, then sure, but wouldn’t have it as a strong filter while you’re still collection options.

Boys

I would say don’t use Gabriel - Gabriel and Caleb are very close, I think - but it is my favourite boys’ name in your list so should stay on there. Gabe is just so swoony! Second would be Jesse. Jacob third.

I think I’d avoid repeat starting letters, so no Micah and Meira - also if you choose Micah, then you’ll have three with an A sound ending and Caleb on own. I find Nathan less sparkly compared to your others, though depends if you prefer Nate to say, Jake. Derek unfortunately is the name given to the dorky kid in a lot of pop culture. It shouldn’t matter but it probably does.

Girls

Norah is too close to Meira and Elena for me. I would choose the smart and lovely Lydia. Lucia is nice but I think it gets lost a little with your others. Norah probably pips it.

Other options, Caleb, Meira, Elena &

Aiden
Samuel
Abram
Rueben
Isaac
Silas
Tobias
Joseph
Lucas
Heath
Joshua
Simon
Zachary
Wyatt
Murphy
Thomas
Nathaniel?
Jude

Briar
Freya
Iris
Ruthie
Abigail
Bianca
Phoebe
Esther
Frances
Thea
Verity
Sophie
Rachel
Imogen
Noelle
Tessa
Naomi / Noemie (agree with above)
Greta
Josette
Sylvie
Zoe

Hope this helps! :sparkles::sparkles::sparkles::sparkles:

1 Like

I hadn’t even noticed the E trend but you’re right, great observation!

If this is a girl I think we are set on Lydia as we were already leaning on that and most of you helped confirm that’s a good choice!

As for boys, Gabriel is our favorite and seems to be the favorite of most replies as well so maybe I should just stop worrying about the 5-letter issue and go with that!

Thanks everyone for your input!

1 Like

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_f]Lydia[/name_f]! How about [name_m]Grant[/name_m]?

1 Like

[name_m]Nathan[/name_m] is one of my favourite boys names. For a girl, I’d choose either [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] or [name_f]Norah[/name_f] because of Lucia’s many different pronounciations.

(A baby [name_m]Derek[/name_m] would be cool though)

1 Like

With the siblings’ names, I like [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] and [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] the best!

1 Like

For boys, I think [name_m]Jacob[/name_m] and [name_m]Micah[/name_m] would work really well with [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_f]Meira[/name_f], and [name_f]Elena[/name_f]!

And for girls, I absolutely adore [name_f]Lydia[/name_f].

1 Like