Baby #5 boy #4

Hi! We have 4 kids and are pregnant with number 5 which we just found out will be our 4th boy. I thought we were on the same page about names we had on our list from previous times and I guess my husbands opinions have changed. The two names that were on my top were [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m]… But it turns out he doesn’t like [name_u]Elias[/name_u] that much anymore and doesn’t like the nickname ([name_u]Zeke[/name_u]) for [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m].

We are in need of new names to refresh our list. Our kids at home are named [name_m]Joshua[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m], [name_f]Meleah[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], [name_m]Cecil[/name_m]-[name_m]John[/name_m] [name_m]Derek[/name_m], and [name_m]Gideon[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]. We aren’t picky on a theme but we don’t want names where there will be 5 of them in one room.

1 Like

Maybe you would like…
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] (seems to me a nice middle ground between [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m])
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebediah[/name_m]
[name_m]Zechariah[/name_m]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u]
[name_m]Zebulon[/name_m]
[name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]

You seem to like Biblical names so I suggested many of those but also some others I thought you may like. Your kids have lovely names!

[name_u]Kai[/name_u] could also be a nn for [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m], though it’s a bit of a stretch. Here’s some other suggestions:
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Philip[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]

Congratulations and welcome to Nameberry!

I agree that [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] feels like an obvious middle ground, but if you’d rather go for something a little more unusual, like [name_u]Elias[/name_u] and [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m], maybe…

Nehemiah
[name_m]Ozias[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Samson[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Jedidiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jebediah[/name_m]
[name_m]Dominic[/name_m]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuel[/name_m]
[name_u]Elim[/name_u]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Jabez[/name_m]
[name_m]Othniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Naphtali[/name_m]
[name_m]Hosea[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Matthias[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Solomon[/name_m]
[name_m]Abraham[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]

Good luck! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Joshua, [name_f]Maleah[/name_f], [name_m]Cecil[/name_m]-[name_m]John[/name_m], [name_m]Gideon[/name_m], & ______:

Abner “[name_m]Abe[/name_m]”
[name_m]Adlai[/name_m]
[name_u]Amos[/name_u]
[name_m]Abram[/name_m]
[name_m]Amon[/name_m]
[name_m]Aram[/name_m]
[name_m]Balthasar[/name_m] “[name_m]Baz[/name_m]”
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Darius[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Boaz[/name_m]
[name_m]Joab[/name_m]
[name_m]Hiram[/name_m]
[name_m]Joachim[/name_m]
[name_u]Jericho[/name_u]
[name_m]Jethro[/name_m] “[name_u]Jet[/name_u]”
[name_m]Josiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonas[/name_m]
[name_m]Lazarus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lemuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] “[name_u]Kai[/name_u]”
[name_m]Lucius[/name_m]
[name_m]Nehemiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Mordecai[/name_m] “[name_u]Kai[/name_u]”
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Reuben[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] “[name_u]Remy[/name_u]”
[name_u]Thaddeus[/name_u] “[name_m]Tad[/name_m]”
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]/Tobiah “[name_u]Toby[/name_u]”
[name_m]Zebediah[/name_m]

Felix
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Colin[/name_m]
[name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]

I love the suggestions of [name_m]Elijah[/name_m], [name_m]Ozias[/name_m] and [name_m]Zebulon[/name_m]!
[name_m]Elijah[/name_m] nn [name_u]Eli[/name_u] would be cute!

Ephraim
[name_m]Harlan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m]
[name_m]Percival[/name_m]
[name_m]Mordechai[/name_m] (nn [name_u]Cai[/name_u], [name_u]Kai[/name_u])
[name_m]Eleazar[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]

Emry
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_u]Declan[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]

Welcome back. I remember when you were naming your fourth earlier last year. Your sibling set is very memorable, especially your daughter’s name. I’m suggesting names with long historical use because this is something that all your childrens’ name have in common: [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m], [name_u]Francis[/name_u], [name_m]Truman[/name_m], [name_m]Linus[/name_m], [name_m]Warren[/name_m], [name_m]Alistair[/name_m], [name_m]Franklin[/name_m], [name_m]Everard[/name_m], [name_u]Holden[/name_u], [name_m]Magnus[/name_m], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m], [name_m]Titus[/name_m], [name_u]Quentin[/name_u], [name_m]Ignatius[/name_m], [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m], [name_m]Leonidas[/name_m], [name_m]Marshall[/name_m], [name_m]Caius[/name_m], [name_m]Tycho[/name_m], [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m], [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m], [name_m]Desmond[/name_m], [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Emry[/name_u], [name_u]Emory[/name_u], or even [name_m]Emrys[/name_m] but unfortunately hubby was not a fan.

1 Like

Thank you! It wasnt letting me into my old account so I had to make a new one! I guess I’m glad to hear my sibset is memorable :slight_smile: haha

You have some great names. I have a little Gide0n myself actually!

There are a ton of biblical name suggestions! [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] does seem like the biblical middle ground between your first two options. On the lines of biblical [name_m]Enoch[/name_m] came to mind. However I almost feel you may for the sibset sake not want to go entirely biblical so to help not have [name_m]Cecil[/name_m] become the odd out. So non-biblical fn choice [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] jumped out. And then [name_m]Alistair[/name_m]. I could see something like a [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] or [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].

You could have nickname [name_u]Ziggy[/name_u] for [name_m]Hezekiah[/name_m].
Otherwise I suppose I recommend [name_u]Levi[/name_u] [name_m]Zachariah[/name_m]

Names to consider:

• Tobias
  • Elijah
  • Elias
  • Benjamin
  • Calvin
  • Bennet
  • Ernest
  • Walter

I don’t have a lot to add, but my favorite Biblical boys’ names are [name_m]Titus[/name_m], [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], and [name_m]Japhy[/name_m]. I also love “[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]”, which is mentioned in the Bible (though not as a name) and would tie in well with the old [name_f]English[/name_f] vibe of [name_m]Cecil[/name_m].