Baby #5 coming soon! Help!

See the results of this poll: Which name do you like better?

Respondents: 25 (This poll is closed)

• Zara : 10 (40%)
  • Ada: 15 (60%)

This is a tough one. I generally prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f] myself. But with the older siblings’ names, I feel that [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is a better match…except that it sounds a little close to [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]. Plus, I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] better with mn [name_f]Marit[/name_f].

So my vote goes to [name_f]Ada[/name_f]! :slight_smile:

I love the names of your other children and both [name_f]Zara[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f].

[name_f]Ada[/name_f]- I like [name_f]Ada[/name_f] a lot but it is very close to [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] in sounds if you are looking to have more of a distinctive choice. I like this name but I think [name_f]Zara[/name_f] provides more of the spunk present in your other children’s names. I also think it is a bit too similar to [name_f]Anaya[/name_f] (with shared beginning and ending a sound)
[name_f]Zara[/name_f]- I love [name_f]Zara[/name_f]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though [name_f]Zara[/name_f] can be seen as ‘trendy’ since it has recently made the top 1000 list in the US, I think [name_f]Zara[/name_f] still sounds classic, has old roots, and is a name that would age well. I also like [name_f]Zara[/name_f] because of the spunk aspect I mentioned before. I think it is a girly name that still has an edge and I can see this name working on many types of girls (I think both girly-girls and tom-boys would love to have this name) However, the only pitfall I see with [name_f]Zara[/name_f] is that it is very close in sounding to [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] as pp suggested

If you are still open to other options perhaps you’d like [name_f]Elowen[/name_f], [name_f]Bronwen[/name_f], [name_f]Estelle[/name_f], [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], [name_f]Sadie[/name_f], [name_u]Eloise[/name_u], [name_f]Louise[/name_f], [name_f]Louisa[/name_f], [name_f]Willa[/name_f], [name_f]Cleo[/name_f], [name_f]Sylvie[/name_f], [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Georgia[/name_f] or [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. I think these are all beautiful and classic names that have a unique spunk factor.