Baby 5.. need a girl name!

You all seem like people who really think through names so maybe you can give us some advice!

We’re a few months out from needing a name for baby number 5 and are really stuck. We tend to go traditional, Biblical, though not exclusively, and haven’t found a name we really love yet.

[name_m]Can[/name_m] you give us a few suggestions that aren’t already on all the common lists? No to unisex names, or overly common girls names.

Names we’ve tossed around but haven’t settled on:

Gwendolyn(Gwenny)
[name_u]Hazel[/name_u]
[name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Hannah[/name_f]
Naomi(though Na-na and Omi aren’t nn’s I like)

Siblings names:

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_u]Daniel[/name_u]
[name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]
[name_f]Lydia[/name_f]

Thanks!

3 Likes

[name_f]Tirzah[/name_f] would be lovely with her siblings. I also like [name_u]Jael[/name_u].

Other suggestions:
[name_u]Meredith[/name_u]
[name_f]Noelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Coralie[/name_f]

1 Like

Congratulations on baby #5 :tada::tada:

Your kiddos have such classic names! Looking at your list I think I would scratch off [name_u]Eden[/name_u]. I think [name_u]Eden[/name_u] just feels very different as a biblical place name the name feels modern and is unisex which feels different to your other kiddos.

This leaves [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], [name_u]Hazel[/name_u], [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] & [name_f]Naomi[/name_f].

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is very graceful, majestic and has a daring whimsical flair. I also like the nickname [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]. However she wouldn’t be my first pick for your siblings names she doesn’t feel that cohesive.

[name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is lovely and feels very cohesive with your kiddos she’s down to earth, laid back, outdoorsy and classic. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] is beautiful and I like that she matches well with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] as she’s not biblical.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a sweet friendly girl next door name she’s everyone’s best friend and has a nostalgic feel to her. I am a fan of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and she does feel very cohesive but she is as sparkly as your other options.

[name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is gorgeous, elegant and underused/underrated a truly gorgeous name and I love the nickname [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] for her. You could always use [name_f]Noemi[/name_f] to avoid those nicknames but still get a similar feel.

You’ve had lots of lovely suggestions so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_u]Daniel[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and…

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]
[name_f]Annabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Felicity[/name_f]
[name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_u]Fern[/name_u]
[name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Eve[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Colette[/name_f]
[name_f]Nina[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwyneth[/name_f] ~ feels more laid back and cohesive with your sibling set then [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Juliet[/name_f]
[name_f]Jemima[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f] (a lovely name that’s unheard off for young children/babies)
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Jane[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Kate[/name_f]
[name_f]Tess[/name_f]
[name_f]Nora[/name_f]
[name_f]Joanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

First thought is [name_f]Hadassah[/name_f] :).

[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
Corinthia
[name_f]Mariel[/name_f]
[name_f]Jacinta[/name_f]
[name_f]Evangeline[/name_f]

1 Like

Congratulations and welcome back! I love your children’s names.

[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Alice[/name_f]
[name_f]Angelina[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_u]Camille[/name_u]
[name_f]Caroline[/name_f]
[name_f]Cecilia[/name_f]
[name_f]Celia[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Corinne[/name_f]
[name_u]Damaris[/name_u]
[name_f]Daphne[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Honora[/name_f]
[name_f]Iris[/name_f]
[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Magdalena[/name_f]
[name_f]Martha[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Priscilla[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Selah[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Sylvia[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Vera[/name_f]
[name_f]Veronica[/name_f]
[name_u]Vivian[/name_u]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]

1 Like

Congrats on baby number 5! Of your names I like [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] best and stick with the full name (I’ve never known [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] be shortened) it goes lovely with her sisters names. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you shorten [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]?

I second the suggestion of [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], beautiful name and goes with your others really well.

Other suggestions:
Beatrice/Beatrix
[name_f]Marigold[/name_f]
Juliet/Juliette
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ophelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] with your other kids’ names.

Other ideas:

[name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]

1 Like

Great list you have so far! Here’s some suggestions!

[name_f]Mildred[/name_f]
[name_f]Lucy[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Noemi[/name_f]
[name_f]Hailey[/name_f]
[name_f]Thora[/name_f]
[name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]
[name_f]Rose[/name_f]
[name_f]Jenna[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Diana[/name_f]
[name_f]Genevieve[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Wendy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_u]Ivy[/name_u]
[name_f]Winifred[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Ida[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] with your set! You’ve got a lot of great names on your list, but she just really stands out to me. She’s not outrightly biblical, but kind of has the vibe as if she were. But I love that because it feels fitting with [name_f]Eloise[/name_f].

I love [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], but [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] & [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] feel a little matchy - not from a sound standpoint but more from a biblical perspective. And, it doesn’t sound like you’re totally sold on her.

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is really sweet, but she doesn’t have the sparkle for me that [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] do.

I like [name_u]Eden[/name_u], but just prefer [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]. Plus, this would give all your kids different initials whereas [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would share. Not that that is a big deal at all, just a minor observation to help you narrow down.

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] feels like the outlier here. It’s my niece’s name and we call her Gwennie…but she just feels a little heavy and clunky next to your other kiddos for me.

So, I vote for [name_u]Hazel[/name_u]. [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] would be a second, with [name_u]Eden[/name_u] as a close third.

2 Likes

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

Your kids’ names are lovely. Here are my thoughts on what you’re thinking of so far:

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] (Gwenny)-I really adore [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] (prefer [name_f]Gwendolen[/name_f], but [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] is more common). It’s smart and feminine & kind of fancy but not frilly. It’s well known but not popular. I think that it goes nicely style-wise with your crew, but is it too close to [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]? I don’t really think that I like [name_f]Gwenny[/name_f] either. I like [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] & [name_f]Winnie[/name_f] though.

Hazel-Really nice and goes well with the other kids’ names. It’s pretty popular, but a nice vintage name that feels artsy yet classic & works well on every age.

Eden-I really like this name in theory. It feels peaceful. I don’t like it as much when looking at it as I wish that I did. I also think that [name_f]Edie[/name_f] is kind of meh.

Hannah-So sweet and just warm and lovable. A bit popular, but losing popularity, I believe. I like it with your kids’ names a lot too.

Naomi-I don’t like Na-na or Omi either, but I think that [name_f]Nomi[/name_f] works as a nn, right? [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] isn’t my favorite, but it’s not terrible.

A few more ideas that you may like:

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]

[name_f]Alice[/name_f]

[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]

[name_f]Clara[/name_f]

[name_f]Flora[/name_f]

[name_f]Greta[/name_f]

[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]

[name_f]Mabel[/name_f]

[name_f]Miriam[/name_f] :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

[name_f]Nora[/name_f]

[name_f]Olive[/name_f]

[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]

[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]

[name_f]Tess[/name_f]

[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You have lovely options, I love [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u] but you can’t go wrong with any of them.
If you want some other options:

Biblical:

[name_f]Moriah[/name_f]
[name_f]Bethany[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Johanna[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Hope[/name_f]
[name_f]Dinah[/name_f]

Other options

[name_f]Caitlyn[/name_f]
Zoèmie
[name_f]Jana[/name_f]
[name_f]Claire[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] is a lovely name, but I think I’ve met more people with that name than any other in my 33 years. I love [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], but it’s a bit too matchy with [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u]. [name_u]Eden[/name_u] seems mismatched with your other kids. Plus she and [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] would share initials and I’d avoid that, personally. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] works really well with your set, but [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] is by far my favorite. It’s such a beautiful biblical name that’s not over used. I’d give you more suggestions, but I really believe that [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] can’t be beat!

1 Like

[name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] are nice!

[name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Nim[/name_f], or [name_f]Nia[/name_f] could be nicknames for [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] :slight_smile:

Some other ideas:

[name_f]Sarai[/name_f]
[name_f]Clara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cora[/name_f]
[name_f]Adele[/name_f]
[name_f]Miriam[/name_f]
[name_f]Dora[/name_f]
[name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Cherith[/name_f]
[name_u]Abilene[/name_u]

1 Like

Sorry for repeats:

[name_f]Frances[/name_f] / [name_f]Francine[/name_f]
[name_f]Guinevere[/name_f]
[name_f]Gwen[/name_f] (i think just [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] fits a bit better than Gwendolyn)
[name_f]Adeline[/name_f]
[name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]
[name_f]Helena[/name_f]
[name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Natalia[/name_f] / [name_f]Natalie[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] with your children’s names. Other suggestions….
[name_f]Rachel[/name_f]
[name_f]Rebecca[/name_f]
[name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Abigail[/name_f]

1 Like

I love [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] from your list. Simple and classic with palindrome symmetry. [name_u]An[/name_u] easy to wear name that would suit many different personalities, and befit all ages.

2 Likes

You have so many great suggestions. I just wanted to throw in that I love [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] nn [name_f]Mia[/name_f] or [name_f]Mimi[/name_f]!

1 Like

[name_f]Hannah[/name_f] or [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] are both lovely and “fit in” with the siblings
Good luck

1 Like

A family I met had a [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] called [name_f]Nomi[/name_f]. I see a pp also mentioned this possibility.

I also think the idea above of [name_f]Mimi[/name_f] or [name_f]Mia[/name_f] is cute!

But, as another pp said, you don’t need to shorten [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] at all.

1 Like

I love [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] with your other sibling names. I had a great Aunt [name_f]Naomi[/name_f] and she never had a nick name so that being said, I would not let the nickname worry me one bit. [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] would be my second choice from your list. Other suggestions:

[name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_u]Daniel[/name_u], [name_u]Benjamin[/name_u], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], and

[name_f]Audrey[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Frances[/name_f]
[name_f]Margot[/name_f]
[name_f]Ottilie[/name_f]
[name_f]Violet[/name_f]

1 Like