Baby #6

I am overjoyed to announce our sixth child, [name_m]Zebulun[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u]. [name_m]Little[/name_m] [name_m]Zeb[/name_m] was born at home as were his sisters and one of his brothers.

[name_m]Zebulun[/name_m] was named after the biblical [name_m]Zebulun[/name_m] who was Leah’s sixth child, just as he is my sixth child. His middle name, [name_u]Reed[/name_u], was my grandfather’s middle name, as it was his mother’s maiden name.

I have been wanting to use [name_u]Reed[/name_u] for my son’s middle name for a long time! I’m so glad I finally got the chance.

We give all of our children three syllable first names with one syllable middle names, and our boys all have easily accessible one syllable nicknames.

[name_m]Zeb[/name_m] joins big brothers [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Mark[/name_m] “Van”, [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] [name_u]Lee[/name_u] “Gabe”, and [name_m]Maccabee[/name_m] [name_m]Joel[/name_m] “Mac”; his big sisters are [name_f]Eliza[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] and [name_f]Aviya[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f].

I never loved any of my children’s names as much as I love this one, probably because this is the first child I named without any compromise.
After 13 years being married to a name nerd, my husband has reached his limit of name conversations :smile::cry:. As long as I keep to his syllable requirements, he approves :rofl:

[name_m]Zebulun[/name_m] [name_u]Reed[/name_u] was born [name_u]November[/name_u] 16, 2023 at 2:01 AM weighing 8 lbs 1 oz, and 21 inches long.

45 Likes

Congratulations!!! [name_m]Zebulun[/name_m] is a stunning name!

1 Like

Huge congratulations :tada:

I’m so glad you’re happy with your son’s name! Wishing you all the best with your brood :two_hearts:

1 Like

:joy: I can relate. I like the pattern and the biblical ties. Congratulations on your new addition!

1 Like

Congratulations, he has a lovely name!! Wishing you and your family tons of health and happiness :green_heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_u]Reid[/name_u] is a family name for me too and I’d love to use it someday, so I extra love your choice :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Ooh I love it :heart_eyes: [name_m]Zeb[/name_m] is such a cool nickname too. Congratulations to the whole family!

1 Like

Aww, congrats! Your kids have such great names!

1 Like

Congratulations, what a stunning choice!

1 Like

congratulations :heart::heart:

Congratulations, his name is beautiful! How fun is it that he and I share a birthday, I’ve always thought it was a nice date :blush:

Congratulations, he has a lovely name :heart: :tada:

So many congratulations! I love his name :heart:

I think we’re going to have a little [name_m]Zeb[/name_m] too!–Zeb for [name_m]Zebedee[/name_m]. If our surname and the middle name we picked didn’t both end in N, we probably would have strongly considered [name_m]Zebulun[/name_m]!

Best wishes; I hope the newborn stage has been going well.

1 Like

Congrats!! Also, I love the [name_f]Leah[/name_f] connection :slight_smile: I feel she doesn’t get enough recognition or love, so I love that her son gets to be honored through your son :slight_smile: