Baby Berries due January - March 2024

Are you roughly 5 weeks too?.yes same here. A bag of nerves. I’ve had very mild cramping about 3 days ago. Some hot flashes. I am having an ultrasound at 6 weeks too!

1 Like

Yes I’m five weeks, almost six weeks. I have read that it’s normal to not feel much yet but still I guess I expected I’d feel more already. [name_f]My[/name_f] ultrasound will be at 7 weeks - the hospital near me couldn’t get me in until 11 weeks & I knew I’d go crazy waiting that long! Thankfully another location an hour away could get me in a lot sooner. Definitely looking forward to having that appt.

1 Like

I’m 6w2d currently, and I have really only had fatigue so far as well. I’m hoping it’ll be like my last pregnancy where I also only had fatigue (and peeing a lot haha) as first trimester symptoms. I didn’t feel pregnant until I started feeling baby kicks :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] mom was the same where she didn’t feel sick until her third child. It’s normal to feel normal, thankfully :slight_smile: And I hope we all stay feeling normal!!

I don’t have my ultrasound until 11w4d :weary: Not excited to wait that long.

headaches with aura

@Sadie307 Oh wow, good to know! I didn’t know the risk for stroke is already higher, even without birth control. Not fun haha. I’ll have to check out the podcast! Yes, I feel like even the chance of an extra risk of a stroke with birth control means doctors should at least tell people, even if they don’t think it’s harmful… Especially when there are non-hormonal birth control options out there.

2 Likes

Yeah it sounds pretty common actually by the sounds of it, to be almost symptomless before a certain gestation I guess. This is my third pregnancy. I have an 8 year old and a 5 year old ( boys)

Is this a first time pregnancy for you both??

I too, am also a very bad migraine sufferer! I had an MRI back in sept of my brain and neck and thankfully everything was normal.
Have you tried magnesium at all? As I am on it, and I have to say, it really helps my headaches.

1 Like

Sorry I have just gone back on some of the messages and I can see this is not first pregnancies for some. Apologies.

I’m just wondering would it be helpful for us all to pin a post up the top of this thread with our due dates? I noticed that the other forums used to do that, which I thought was a cute idea?

1 Like

No worries! It’s hard to keep track haha. Yeah, this is my second pregnancy/second child :slight_smile:

Interesting to know about magnesium! I haven’t heard about it, but I’ll have to look into it after the baby comes, mainly because I’m not expecting to get a lot of headaches now that I’m pregnant because of my experience last time as well as what the neurologist told me about thinking mine are hormone-related. In some ways, being pregnant was easier than not being pregnant because of that :sweat_smile:

I love the idea of pinning the due dates! I think the one I saw had them edited into the main post in a list with the user name, the due date, and a heart representing the sex of the baby (🩷 for girl, :blue_heart: for boy, :green_heart: for unknown or waiting until birth). It was cute!

1 Like

I’ve not long joined the group and I haven’t had chance to look back on some of the comments.
[name_m]Ah[/name_m] lovely. They will be fairly close in age then.

Are you hoping to find out the gender? I think I will…the suspense will drive me insane.

Yes similar for me. [name_m]Zero[/name_m] headaches in pregnancy too. Magnesium is definitely good for headaches though and also sleep!

Ok yeah we should definitely do this. I mean I’m not sure how we do this :joy: but we should do it nevertheless.

So for me. I have worked out I am due [name_u]January[/name_u] 21st. And do not know gender but will be finding out.
Third pregnancy for me

1 Like

I edited my original post to include a due date list! Great idea! I will keep editing as people join & people find out their genders. I think we’re gonna be team green :green_heart:

headache whatnot

I have a rare headache disorder called New Daily Persistent Headache, which is a constant 24/7 headache that is very difficult to treat & it’s pretty common for the headache to last for years/decades. I’ve had NDPH since November 2014, when I was 20.
Some women in my NDPH support group have reported their headache getting worse during pregnancy but some have also reported it getting better or even going away completely. I’m mildly hopeful that I might get a bit of a reprieve from this headache, but we’ll see. So far it’s been about the same. Either way, most women report that their headache goes back to normal within a few months or so postpartum. I’ve told my husband that if my headache does go away during pregnancy, he better get ready to have lots of kids :joy::rofl:

1 Like

Oh my goodness, NDPH sounds AWFUL. I can’t imagine that. It would be so hard to live like that, and especially to live happily. I really hope and pray you get some reprieve from it during pregnancy :pray:t2: I have a headache right now, and I can’t imagine them never going away. You’re a trooper!!!

Thanks for starting this, as well as the edits to the main post! So fun! We will fjd out the gender of ours like @Artemis_returns , but that’ll be so exciting for you that you will have a surprise! I’ve heard it’s special!

It’s fun that we’re all so close in our pregnancies! It’ll be fun to have others join us too :slight_smile: I had just head of these kinds of pregnancy group threads like 2 days ago, so I’m glad there’s one for our timeframe too

1 Like

I’m sorry that sounds incredibly hard re the headaches. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

Gosh I had the most intense dream last night!!!
I was walking past a table and this gypsy woman was trying to garner my attention to give me a tarot reading. I was like no thanks. I’m ok. Then she proceeded to tell me my boys names etc and then she told me I was pregnant with another boy.
Hah! I wouldn’t be surprised if I was having another boy. I’d really like a girl as this is our last baby but any healthy baby, either gender is a blessing. I think I’m going to accept that perhaps I’m having another boy. It’s hard when all our family are saying things like, ‘oh hope it’s a girl’ or ‘would be nice for us to have a girl’ :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Has anyone got a preference for a particular gender?

2 Likes

So this headache with aura thing is interesting because I experienced something really weird last week and I’ve been so confused. Like the front of my brain started vibrating and it felt like my brain froze. I didn’t lose cognitive or physical function though. I have my first midwife appointment in two days so planned to mention it then, just assumed it was a weird headache… but there was no pain? Does that sound like the aura thing?

If this works out (I’m still incredibly cautious, you can’t have read this forum for a period of time I think and not be and this is my first pregnancy) I don’t have a preference at all. We agree more on boys names though, girls names will be a challenge.

2 Likes

Congratulations!! If you want to post your estimated due date, you can be added to the list at the top :slight_smile: Happy to have you join our new little group! It’s nice to have people to talk to in the early weeks when it’s still a secret for people around me!

That definitely does not sound fun, and it sounds very strange! I’m not sure what it means, so hopefully your doctor can tell you! From what I understand, the aura thing is seeing lights in my field of vision. When I experience them, the lights cover most of what I should be seeing, so really only have some peripheral vision. For me, they come before I get the headache (so it’s a nice warning haha), then I get a really bad headache, worse than what I normally experience. The time I described where I lost cognitive function was just one time, thankfully, and I think it was a TIA/mini stroke, not necessarily the aura visual thing. I also don’t get the aura everytime I’m getting a migraine, just before my more severe ones. Anyway, that’s my experience with the aura, and I’m not sure of it’s the same as yours or not.

1 Like

Haha I feel like pregnancy dreams can be so wild, especially because they can be so vivid!! I had pretty vivid dreams last pregnancy, but not this one so far. I can see your dilemma for sure about a girl or boy. I’m sure you don’t want to get your hopes up by going too much for a girl, but I can also see why you would prefer a girl since you don’t have one yet and this will likely be your last. I can also see why you wouldn’t want to wait to find out until birth for that reason too! Maybe your insurance will cover the NIPT test so you can find out earlier than your anatomy scan, or there is always the Sneak Peek or Juno Birch tests that are reliable as long as you don’t get any “male contamination” in. We’ll probably wait until the anatomy scan unless my insurance covers the NIPT test.

I’m slightly hoping for another girl because then they can be pals. In my husband’s family, he is the oldest and it goes B, G, G, B, B, so he kinda felt left out and that everyone had a built-in friend except him. It’d be nice to have another girl for that! On the other hand, it would be fun to have a boy because we don’t know what that’s like, plus then we’d know we’d at least get one of each. Either way, we’ll be happy, but we slightly prefer another girl.

2 Likes

Hey so just in case anyone ever has it - my midwife knew immediately what the head vibrating was - it’s low iron! Planning red meat for dinner all week now.

2 Likes

I’m going to cautiously join this thread.

I’m expecting baby #6 (#5 for my husband) around [name_u]January[/name_u] 18. It’s a complete surprise. Our youngest is 5 months old today. I’m still getting used to the idea of another baby, and so soon as well, but here we are.

I have 4 boys and a little girl already.

15 Likes

Hello, everyone!! I just found out, after 10 months of TTC, that my husband and I are pregnant with our first baby! We could not be more thrilled!! I am 5wks, 0 days, due January 25th, 2024!

11 Likes

[name_u]Awesome[/name_u]! Pairing high iron foods with foods high in vitamin C maximizes the absorption of the iron :slight_smile: So having orange juice, strawberries, etc. in the same meal as the red meat will help! I’m a dietitian who used to work for WIC (Women, Infants, and Children program in the US), so that’s how I know haha :wink:

2 Likes