Baby boy #4 - help!

Hi everyone! We’re expecting baby boy #4 this spring. Our oldest is [name_m]Weston[/name_m] (often called [name_m]Wes[/name_m]), and our twins are [name_m]Charles[/name_m] ([name_u]Charlie[/name_u]) and [name_m]Luke[/name_m]. I’m struggling big time with boy #4. We have a longer Polish last name so we do like more simplistic first names. I would really like to use [name_u]Michael[/name_u] as a middle name.

So first, my husband loves [name_u]Miles[/name_u], but I’m not sure if I’m liking the alliteration of [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]. Thoughts? For some reason I just don’t love [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. It’s not bad but it doesn’t make me excited right now.

Other considerations: [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m]

Any ideas that “go well” with [name_m]Weston[/name_m], [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], & [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and sound good with middle name [name_u]Michael[/name_u]? Thoughts on our short list of considerations? Thank you!

I like [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] for you! [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a bit awkward if I’m honest.

Ethan [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Adrian[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Jude[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

1 Like

First of all, congratulations on 4 boys!

If you’re not loving [name_u]Miles[/name_u] I think you should put it on the back burner for now and look for something that you do love. I’m not a big fan of [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] either, but it’s not unusable.

Of your other options I like [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] best, [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] sounds good and it fits in nicely with his brothers’ names.

Weston, [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m] and…
[name_u]Beckett[/name_u]
[name_m]Brody[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_u]Greyson[/name_u]
[name_u]Harry[/name_u]
[name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Scott[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]

2 Likes

Congratulations! I actually love [name_u]Miles[/name_u], but [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] doesn’t sound quite right. [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] is my second choice. [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] sounds nice!

Weston, [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], and…

Samuel / [name_m]Sampson[/name_m] “[name_u]Sam[/name_u]”
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_m]Ford[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]

2 Likes

Hope some of these help:

Zachary [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Freddie[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Hollis[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

1 Like

Congratulations! I second the opinion that [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a bit too redundant on the Mi-Mi sound, but it’s still usable should you both decide you love it.
I have a slight personal preference for [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], but [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] also pairs very nicely with your boys’ names.
I’m especially loving the suggestions others have posted:
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] - LOVE the nn [name_u]Sam[/name_u]
[name_m]Shepherd[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Brooks[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] / [name_u]Harry[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

1 Like

First of all, congratulations! In terms of names–I think [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a perfectly usable combo if you both loved [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. I happen to like it quite a lot personally, but it sounds like you’re just not enthused by it. So I’ll set that one aside for now; you want to really love the name! From your other choices, I actually think either [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] or [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] would fit very nicely into your sibset. That being said, [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] gets a slight edge from me; I like it better with [name_u]Michael[/name_u], and I like that it seems like a clear style match for [name_m]Weston[/name_m] whereas [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] reminds me more of [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m], which already seem like a style match for each other. I guess I just think [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] balances the whole group nicely! [name_m]Wes[/name_m](ton), [name_u]Charlie[/name_u], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], and [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] feel like a very cohesive set, and [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is an awesome name. Other suggestions (repeats are seconds!):

Asher [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Bennett[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Everett[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Finn[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Jameson[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Jonah[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Nolan[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]

1 Like

Thank you everyone for replying to this! It was so helpful to read everyone’s comments. I’m so torn. [name_f]My[/name_f] kids all want to call him [name_u]Miles[/name_u]. It might be because it’s the name they’ve heard the most out of my husband but still, they’re pretty attached to it. I don’t dislike it by any means! Maybe he’ll just feel like a [name_u]Miles[/name_u] when he’s born. I think it’ll have to be a game time decision though. Thank you for all the suggestions! :blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart::blue_heart:

I totally get where you’re coming from with the style match. Yes [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m] are definitely more traditional with [name_m]Luke[/name_m] being kind of our bridge name between the 3 because [name_m]Weston[/name_m] and [name_m]Luke[/name_m] feel like they could be western/country/cowboy-ish (irrelevant for us haha but we just like those types of names) while also being traditional. [name_m]Charles[/name_m] was a family name. So anyway the twins got the more traditional names…and I do feel like [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] is a good style match for [name_m]Weston[/name_m] and kind of brings it all together. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you feel that way for [name_u]Miles[/name_u]?? It’s going to be really hard to fight all 3 of my sons when they all say they want the baby to be called [name_u]Miles[/name_u] haha… we shall see, but just curious if you think [name_m]Weston[/name_m] and [name_u]Miles[/name_u] go well together.

How about [name_u]Callum[/name_u] or [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u].
If your partner likes the M, how about
[name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]?
You rarely use the first name and middle name together so even though [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] isn’t the best flow, it doesn’t matter too much perhaps if you and your family like it. Failing that what about two middle names?
So something like [name_u]Miles[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] etc etc! So it breaks up the MM

Yes, definitely! [name_u]Miles[/name_u] maybe doesn’t stick out to me as a match for [name_m]Weston[/name_m] the way [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] does, but I totally think it works. And I really like it! As a side note, I love the idea of [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Milo[/name_u] as a combo to possibly incorporate both–although I know you did have a middle in mind. Anyway, that was a very roundabout way of saying I do think [name_m]Weston[/name_m] and [name_u]Miles[/name_u] work well together!

1 Like

Seconding [name_u]Hayes[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]!

1 Like

Caleb [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is nice! Here are some suggestions:
Jodan [name_u]Michael[/name_u] (not jordan)
[name_u]Cade[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u]
[name_m]Colton[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] ([name_m]Colt[/name_m] for short)

1 Like