Baby Boy Came Early

I had been hemming and hawing over middle names for my son! I was set to have a c-section on 3/7! My original due date is 3/28.

WELP! The day after my last post I did some lab work and was told to head to L & D. Our son Romeo Gabriel Michael arrived rather abruptly on 2/19 at 5:29 am! He is currently learning to feed and growing in NICU, but otherwise very healthy!

Thanks for all the input over the last few months. We are delighted we went with Romeo. And our concerns about Shakespeare references or any negative associations were put to rest. We hadn’t told our family because, well they can be extraordinarily ‘helpful’ in ideas and name opinions. But they all seem to love his name. (Except my father in law who laughed and was terribly rude. But he lacks tact and social grace. And is generally not the arbiter of cool so I don’t care🤣). My NICU nurse just told me she loved his name today and asked how we picked it. It isn’t conventional but not remote which I like. A perfect companion for sister Olivia which is popular as you all know! He already looks like a Romeo. (At least to his mama and his nurses.)

40 Likes

Congrats on the precious baby boy. You can also put this in the Birth Announcements category.

1 Like

Congratulations!! He has a beautiful name! I love it. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Congratulations!! [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] is such a lovely name!!

1 Like

How wonderful!! Congratulations on Romeo’s arrival :heart:

Sounds like a very eventful start to life earth side. Praying you both enjoy rest and comfort in these early weeks.

1 Like

Big congratulations! He has such a handsome, romantic name. Wishing you and little [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] a speedy recovery :blue_heart:

1 Like

Lovely name! Congratulations!

1 Like

congratulations!! what a lovely name! welcome to the world, romeo :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! You picked a lovely name.

1 Like

Congratulations :tada:

1 Like

Thank you all so very much! We can’t wait until we can take him home!

5 Likes

Oh he has the most beautiful, romantic name! What an excellent choice! How wonderful that he is progressing well in the NICU as well xx

1 Like

such a handsome name my goodness! congratulation!

1 Like

[name_m]Romeo[/name_m] came home from NICU on my mom’s bday. God continually gives gifts to us. She had hoped they would share a birthday but they couldn’t. So second best is his hospital release. [name_m]Romeo[/name_m] Is now 2.5 months and is an absolute treat.

7 Likes

:heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

What a handsome little guy! Congrats on his homecoming.

1 Like

He’s so cute!! Congratulations!

1 Like

what an ADORABLE name! I’m glad he’s home and out of the NICU! Congrats on that!

1 Like

Congratulations!

Wishing you both a speedy recovery he’s a sweetheart I’m so glad he’s home

1 Like

Oh my gosh! I always liked [name_m]Romeo[/name_m], but this little sweetheart makes me LOVE it. :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

He is so cute, and so is his name! Congratulations.

1 Like