Baby Boy McAllister

I am 17 years old and I am having a baby boy, whose name has yet to be determined.
My mom bought me 3 baby names books (why i dont know. im only havin 1 kid!) and i was looking through them and found some names i think i might want to use for my baby.

[name]Aiden[/name]
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Peter[/name]
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Jon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Alex[/name]
[name]Ryan[/name]
[name]David[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name]
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name]
[name]Dylan[/name]
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Joey[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]

what do you think of these? any suggestions? and thanks.

[name]Katy[/name] && [name]Graham[/name]!!

[name]Aiden[/name] or [name]Caleb[/name] McAllister would be great i think

[name]Hi[/name] [name]Katy[/name]! You have a nice range of choices here, let’s see…

[name]Aiden[/name] - this is a handsome name but he is likely to share it or its many rhyming variations with half of the kids in his classes eventually, boys and girls alike

[name]Avery[/name] - a great boy name which seems to be more commonly used on girls–maybe it will remain unisex, maybe it won’t

[name]Peter[/name] - a strong name that isn’t used as often nowadays, not a favorite of mine but unobjectionable

[name]Chase[/name] - smooth, sharp, a little 80’s, a little soap opera-y but it’s been around enough to not be tied to that image (maybe it’s just me), goes well with your last name

[name]Jon[/name] - I prefer [name]Jonathan[/name], which distinguishes it from [name]John[/name], both of which are everywhere but pleasant enough

[name]Benjamin[/name] - one of the more appealing traditional names to me, not overused, but perhaps a little long with your last name

[name]Alex[/name] - I love [name]Alex[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] but it sounds a little redundant with McAllister, kind of like [name]Alex[/name] McAlexter (which, hey, could be fun, it just depends on your syle)

[name]Ryan[/name] - simple, cute, goes well with McAllister, overused for my generation but not for the new one

[name]David[/name] - it’s common, it’s not particularly glamorous, but for some reason I’ve always had a weakness for [name]David[/name] (not [name]Dave[/name])–it seems to age well and work well in many cultures, and there’s something almost poetic about it to me–maybe it’s the v

[name]Thomas[/name] - a strong, pleasant, versatile name (I could see it working with all sorts of different personalities, walks of life, ages, etc.)

[name]Caleb[/name] - a lifelong favorite of mine which unfortunately doesn’t work well with my last name–I think it’s been shooting up in popularity after the success of [name]Jacob[/name] but that probably depends on where you live. [name]Caleb[/name] is always cool.

[name]Joshua[/name] - a nice name that’s way overused

[name]Spencer[/name] - it’s alright, not my style but it has my respect

[name]Samuel[/name] - sweetly old fashioned (though it probably sounds more contemporary now than when I was younger), it sounds a little heavy with your last name to me but not drastically so

[name]Dylan[/name] - a pleasant-sounding name that nevertheless screams 80’s to me–in truth, it would probably blend in just fine with all the other names that end with that popular “en” sound

[name]Tyler[/name] - not my style, a little dated, but like [name]Spencer[/name], it has my respect and I’ve met several nice Tylers over the years so there are good associations

[name]Austin[/name] - same as [name]Spencer[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name] but I like the sound of this one better

[name]Joey[/name] - cute but I prefer the full name and he’s always at risk of being just [name]Joe[/name]

[name]Andrew[/name] - another lifelong favorite that ages well, it’s quite popular but deservedly so. I like a few of the others better with your last name, though

[name]Christian[/name] - very cute

[name]Evan[/name] - very cute

[name]Isaac[/name] - I used to think it was old-sounding but as I hear it more and more it’s a fine name

[name]Kyle[/name] - I’m not a fan of [name]Kyle[/name] since all the Kylies, Kaylees, Kylers, etc.

[name]Josiah[/name] - this should be the new [name]Joshua[/name] and [name]Joseph[/name]–I thought it sounded archaic when I was young but now the sound is just right with the return of [name]Isaac[/name] and [name]Isaiah[/name]

[name]Hunter[/name] - this is one of the better occupation/surname names, in my opinion, though not my style–I don’t care for the “er” ending combined with the same ending in your last name, though

Good luck :slight_smile:

[name]Aiden[/name]: [name]Aiden[/name] is very overused and trendy, not to mention a victim of the -ayden meganames ([name]Jayden[/name], [name]Cayden[/name], [name]Brayden[/name], etc…)

[name]Avery[/name]: [name]Avery[/name]'s not my style, but this one has gone to the girls.

[name]Peter[/name]: I think the classic [name]Peter[/name] is a handsome name.

[name]Chase[/name]: It’s not my style…

[name]Jon[/name]: I think that [name]Jon[/name] is a nice nickname for [name]Jonathan[/name].

[name]Benjamin[/name]: I love the classic [name]Benjamin[/name].

[name]Alex[/name]: I think that [name]Alex[/name] is a great nickname for [name]Alexander[/name].

[name]Ryan[/name]: [name]Ryan[/name] is really overused…

[name]David[/name]: I really like the classic [name]David[/name].

[name]Thomas[/name]: Ditto…

[name]Caleb[/name]: I once liked [name]Caleb[/name], but it’s gotten too popular for me…

[name]Joshua[/name]: See [name]Caleb[/name]…

[name]Spencer[/name]: It’s not my style, but I think it’s a nice name. That said, I don’t care for the -er ending doesn’t work with McAllister.

[name]Samuel[/name]: Despite its popularity, I really love the classic [name]Samuel[/name].

[name]Dylan[/name]: [name]Dylan[/name] is quite trendy and very dated. :frowning:

[name]Tyler[/name]: See [name]Dylan[/name]. (Plus the -er ending issue…)

[name]Austin[/name]: See [name]Dylan[/name] and [name]Tyler[/name].

[name]Joey[/name]: I think [name]Joey[/name] is a nice nickname for [name]Joseph[/name] and [name]Josiah[/name].

[name]Andrew[/name]: I love [name]Andrew[/name]…

[name]Christian[/name]: Too popular for me…

[name]Evan[/name]: Not my style…

[name]Isaac[/name]: I really like [name]Isaac[/name]…

[name]Kyle[/name]: Not a [name]Kyle[/name] fan…

[name]Josiah[/name]: While I wouldn’t personally use it, I do think [name]Josiah[/name] is a great name.

[name]Hunter[/name]: Not my style, and I don’t think it works with your last name

Some more ideas:

[name]Colin[/name] McAllister
[name]Charles[/name] McAllister
[name]Edward[/name] McAllister
[name]Elias[/name] McAllister
[name]Everett[/name] McAllister
[name]Henry[/name] McAllister
[name]Kellan[/name] McAllister
[name]Leo[/name] McAllsiter
[name]Milo[/name] McAllister
[name]Miles[/name] McAllister
[name]Quentin[/name] McAllister
[name]Samson[/name] McAllister
[name]Theodore[/name] McAllister

Irish:

[name]Declan[/name] McAllister
[name]Donovan[/name] McAllister
[name]Finnegan[/name] (nn [name]Finn[/name]) McAllister
[name]Finnian[/name] McAllister
[name]Quinn[/name] (although this one may be going to the girls)
[name]Quinlan[/name] McAllister
[name]Rowan[/name] McAllister
[name]Sullivan[/name] McAllister

Surnames:
[name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Camden[/name] (Irish)
[name]Davis[/name]
[name]Donovan[/name] (Irish)
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name]
[name]Hudson[/name]
[name]Reed[/name]
[name]Shepherd[/name]
[name]Wyatt[/name]
[name]Wilson[/name]
[name]Zane[/name]

Best wishes to you! :slight_smile:

I will only comment on the names I feel strongly about:
[name]Aiden[/name] - overdone
[name]Avery[/name]
[name]Peter[/name] - love so much
[name]Chase[/name]
[name]Jon[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Alex[/name] - love as a nn for [name]Alexander[/name], too long for your last name
[name]Ryan[/name] - so overdone
[name]David[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] - love
[name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Joshua[/name] - love, but not with your last name.
[name]Spencer[/name]
[name]Samuel[/name] - love
[name]Dylan[/name] - overdone
[name]Tyler[/name]
[name]Austin[/name]
[name]Joey[/name] - nn for [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name] - love
[name]Christian[/name]
[name]Evan[/name]
[name]Isaac[/name] - love
[name]Kyle[/name]
[name]Josiah[/name]
[name]Hunter[/name]

[name]Katy[/name] && [name]Graham[/name]!![/quote]

[name]Aiden[/name] - ok
[name]Avery[/name] - not so much
[name]Peter[/name] - reminds me of the movie Home Alone - [name]Peter[/name] McAllister!
[name]Chase[/name] - not with your last name
[name]Jon[/name] - nah
[name]Benjamin[/name]
[name]Alex[/name] - too much internal rhyme
[name]Ryan[/name] - [name]Katy[/name], Grahm and [name]Ryan[/name]… that’s nice.
[name]David[/name] - so common
[name]Thomas[/name] - I like this very much.
[name]Caleb[/name] - it’s ok.
[name]Joshua[/name] - not so much.
[name]Spencer[/name] - nice, solid name!
[name]Samuel[/name] - doesn’t go well with last name, jmo.
[name]Dylan[/name] - I like it.
[name]Tyler[/name] - nah.
[name]Austin[/name] - I don’t think an A name goes with McAllister.
[name]Andrew[/name] - see previous
[name]Joey[/name] - it’s good.
[name]Christian[/name] - not really.
[name]Evan[/name] - would be nice if you found a fun middle name to go with it
[name]Isaac[/name] - under-used, good name.
[name]Kyle[/name] - yuck.
[name]Josiah[/name] - like it a lot.
[name]Hunter[/name] - yes, this is nice.