Baby boy name feedback

My husband and I are considering options for our little guy’s name, due in [name_u]January[/name_u]. His middle name will be [name_u]Michael[/name_u] based on a family tradition, and we both love the name [name_m]William[/name_m] as a first name. We would likely call him [name_m]Liam[/name_m].

My only concern is, is [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] too common a name? We also have a fairly simple and common last name, so I worry that his name won’t be unique enough to match his personality. However, my husband and I both gravitate toward classic names anyway, so maybe I should just ignore my concern. :stuck_out_tongue:

If, in your opinion, [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is too common a name, what first names would you suggest to go with [name_u]Michael[/name_u]?

Thank you for reading!

I think you should go with what you love. [name_m]William[/name_m] is a classic, therefore used often, but that doesn’t make a good reason to discard it if it is the one you love. Names that are common are that for a reason. If you find that it’s bothering you maybe look through some other ideas.

I agree with @whitegardenia. [name_m]Even[/name_m] though it is an often used classic, you should go with what you love! You do not want to end up experiencing name regret.

Classics are classics for a reason. Both are strong, lovely, timeless names that will always sound good.

I really like [name_m]Liam[/name_m] too :slight_smile:
It’s a great choice!

If popularity will bother you and you don’t want your son to have a name that others in his classes and teams will have, veer away from [name_m]William[/name_m]. Sounds like popularity isn’t a major decision factor for you, so if you love the name you should use it. [name_m]Willem[/name_m] is a nice alternative to [name_m]William[/name_m] with a bit more edge. [name_m]Willem[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] is a nice alternative.

If you like [name_m]William[/name_m], you might like [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] [name_u]Michael[/name_u], which I think is sooo handsome.