Baby Boy Name Help @ 39 Weeks!

My husband and I are due with our first child in one week and don’t know the gender! We have settled on a girl name (I hope) but are still struggling to decide on a boy name.

Here is our list of names right now: We’d like to use the middle name [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_m]John[/name_m].

[name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Weston[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u]
[name_m]Preston[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u]
Hudson

As you can see we haven’t narrowed it down too much :slight_smile: The top girl name on our list currently is [name_f]Lillian[/name_f]. Other girl options on our short list are [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_u]Courtney[/name_u], and [name_f]Claire[/name_f] if this helps with a future sibset…

What name combinations do you like best using the above names?

You have an interesting group of names but I think your girl names might actually help you narrow down your choices.

To me your girl names are all more classic, very pretty names. Your boy names are a mixture of this with some newer, more trendy mixed in.

I consider [name_m]Weston[/name_m], [name_m]Gavin[/name_m], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_u]Carson[/name_u] and [name_m]Preston[/name_m] to fit in this group. [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] might too but I really like [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] so I’m not adding it ;O

You might be able to cross a few more because of nicknames or lack of nicknames. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like the nicknames that will likely come with some the names on your list? [name_u]Cameron[/name_u] - [name_u]Cam[/name_u], [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] - [name_m]Wes[/name_m], [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] - [name_m]Zach[/name_m], [name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] - [name_u]Jerry[/name_u]. I love nicknames so for me this would put some of them near the top for me while others I’m not a fan of so I’d scratch them.

For what it’s worth I love [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] but if your husband doesn’t like the name you’ll likely need to scratch this one.

From your list I love:
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] (maybe getting dated?)
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] ([name_u]Cam[/name_u])
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] ([name_m]Wes[/name_m]) but dh not liking it is a big issue
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] (seems kind of trendy but I like it)

From your list, my favorites are:
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]

I really like [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] with:
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u]

I like the sound of both [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m], but if your husband isn’t on board with it, I would look at some of your other names.

Some other combos:
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]/[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]/[name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

Have you and your husband each made a list of your top fives from these names? If you haven’t, you could do that and compare. If you have some in common, it could narrow down your list a lot. [name_m]Just[/name_m] an idea. :slight_smile:

Congrats!

From your list I like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] the best too… Hmmm how to convince hubby??? ” I also like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u].

I think both mn’s work with all of these.

[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] [name_m]John[/name_m]

[name_m]Just[/name_m] to throw something out there that I think fits the style:

[name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
Oake
[name_m]Wiley[/name_m]/[name_u]Wylie[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Beckett[/name_m]

My favorite is [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] depending on your last name. I also like [name_m]Caleb[/name_m], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_m]Preston[/name_m] & [name_m]Gavin[/name_m]. With [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], I like [name_m]Wesley[/name_m] best followed by [name_m]Bennett[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] and [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] work better with [name_u]Courtney[/name_u] and [name_f]Nora[/name_f] than they do with [name_f]Lillian[/name_f] or [name_f]Claire[/name_f].

This would be my list:

Yes:
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] (CJ Nickname?)
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_u]Carson[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m]
[name_m]Wesley[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]

Maybe:
[name_u]Cameron[/name_u] - outdated
[name_m]Ethan[/name_m] - outdated
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m] - outdated
[name_u]Hudson[/name_u] - stylistically very different from your other names

No:
[name_m]Isaac[/name_m] - reminds me of the [name_m]Hanson[/name_m] brother
[name_m]Jeremiah[/name_m] - too “out there” for me
[name_m]Preston[/name_m] - reminds me of [name_m]Elvis[/name_m]
[name_u]Blaine[/name_u] - feminine
[name_m]Weston[/name_m] - hotel chain

I would choose [name_m]Zachary[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m].
My DS1 is Zakariya and one of his middle names is [name_m]Kaleb[/name_m] so it goes without saying that I love those names although I prefer [name_m]Caleb[/name_m] as a MN. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Bennet[/name_m] and [name_u]Hudson[/name_u] are my favorite names on your list!

[name_m]Caleb[/name_m] and [name_m]Bennett[/name_m] are my favorites.