Baby boy name help!

We are trying to conceive and I’m a planner well in advance kind of person. Especially when it comes to names, I like to put alot of thought into it. We have a daughter who is almost 2, [name_f]Kara[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]-[name_f]May[/name_f]. The husband likes to get his inspiration from comic books/horror movies and I like to get mine from fantasy/norse mythology. We have some names we have liked so far. He would like a hyphenated middle name for a boy since our daughter has hers hyphenated. For the first name possibly a shorter names, but we aren’t dead set on that. Here are the names we have been considering:

[name_m]Marius[/name_m] (we both like this one)

[name_u]Loki[/name_u] ( although we had a cat with a similar name, Floki, we both like this name as an idea )

[name_m]Obi[/name_m] ( we both love star wars, I would almost prefer using Kenobi, but the husband isn’t too sure on that)

[name_m]Niles[/name_m] ( we were both set on this for awhile as a first name but now I’m kind of cooling on it, love the character from [name_m]Frasier[/name_m])

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] (this would make the husband pretty happy, he’s a huge spider man fan)

[name_m]Leon[/name_m] ( I like the shortness of this, and its as close as the husband wants to let me get to [name_m]Leo[/name_m], we both like [name_m]Leon[/name_m])

[name_m]William[/name_m] ( a family name on both sides, I liked the idea of using [name_m]Liam[/name_m] instead but i feel it’s almost too popular, I’m kind of on the fence about william as well but it keeps coming back)

[name_m]Radford[/name_m] (family name that would be good as part of the middle name)

[name_m]Hopper[/name_m] ( hubby is a little obsessed with [name_m]Hopper[/name_m] from stranger things)

[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] ( I love this name and the hubby isn’t too keen on it, though I try to keep pushing for it!)

I would love to hear any ideas, opinions, names arrangements, ect! Any help I can get!

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_m]Leon[/name_m] are great!!

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Obi[/name_m]-Niles or [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Marius-Hopper[/name_m]?

[name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_m]Obi[/name_m] [name_m]Niles[/name_m] - my fav :slight_smile:
[name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_m]Liam[/name_m] [name_m]Radford[/name_m]
[name_m]Niles[/name_m] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Hopper[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Leon[/name_m] [name_m]Willem[/name_m] (as a [name_m]William[/name_m] varient)

[name_m]Marius[/name_m] - I’m not a fan of this name personally, I find it to be outdated. However, I think it has a wonderful, sweet flow.

[name_u]Loki[/name_u] - I like this much more as a boy name! I think it’s definitely unusual, but strong and mythological.

[name_m]Obi[/name_m] - I’m not a fan of [name_f]Star[/name_f] Wars, so I don’t get the reference. I’m not a fan of [name_m]Obi[/name_m] - feels nicknamey to me!

[name_m]Niles[/name_m] - [name_m]Niles[/name_m] is cool and masculine, pretty versatile in terms of nickname options.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] - My favourite name of your list! It’s unisex but still strong and spunky for a boy.

[name_m]Leon[/name_m] - At my school, this is super common, so that’s a bit of a turnoff! I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m] though.

[name_m]William[/name_m] - I do like [name_m]William[/name_m] more than [name_m]Liam[/name_m]! It has more nickname options - a classic, beautifully flowing name.

[name_m]Radford[/name_m] - feels like a surname to me, maybe as a middle name?

[name_m]Hopper[/name_m] - [name_m]Hopper[/name_m] is great for a middle name, but I personally wouldn’t use it for the first name!

[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] - It does feel outdated to me; I prefer [name_m]Leon[/name_m] to get to [name_m]Leo[/name_m].

My favourite would be [name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_u]Loki[/name_u]-[name_m]Niles[/name_m]!

Thank you all for your suggestions so far! You have given us alot to think on!

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]. I really like

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Radford[/name_m]-[name_m]Hopper[/name_m]
[name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_m]Radford[/name_m]-[name_m]Hopper[/name_m]

You have some good combo potential there though, and [name_m]William[/name_m]- [name_m]Radford[/name_m] or [name_m]Leon[/name_m]-parker work as well. I guess a bit depends on the last name. All cool names though. Good luck!

My favourite combination for you would be [name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_u]Loki[/name_u]-[name_m]Radford[/name_m] – what a strong, classy name, with a great touch of quirk/spunk that would be.

[name_m]Marius[/name_m] seems to be the best fit for the first name, seeing as though you both like it, and you listed it at the very top of this list (whether consciously, or subconsciously, it can speak volumes putting it at the top). [name_u]Loki[/name_u] you both enjoy too and adds that lovely little Nordic quirkiness, and [name_m]Radford[/name_m] fits beautifully on the end here, bringing in a nice family link.

[name_f]Kara[/name_f] & [name_m]Marius[/name_m] work well as siblings - I kind of like the repeated AR sound in both, linking them nicely. I don’t feel that they’re too match-y at all, due to the rest of the names being so different.

I love [name_m]Marius[/name_m]! Shares sounds with [name_f]Kara[/name_f] so it makes for a good sib set. One of the others would be a good nickname. [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_f]Kara[/name_f] also shares the K and sounds great, though it’s a bit more common! But still a good name.

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] were my two favorite stand outs from your list

For middles I think “-[name_m]Obi[/name_m]” might sound the best and matches the shorter 2nd middle with your daughter so something like

[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]Radford[/name_m]-[name_m]Obi[/name_m]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_m]William[/name_m]-[name_m]Obi[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m] [name_m]Marius[/name_m]-[name_m]Obi[/name_m]

I wish my husband would go for using [name_m]Leopold[/name_m] in the name because I really do love it. But now he also wants to add the name Atreus into the realm of possibilities. He even wanted to use Maturin, which I’m not keen on at all! The world turtle name, sounds too close to the word mature for me.
So far I have been liking one person’s idea of
[name_m]Marius[/name_m] [name_u]Loki[/name_u]-[name_m]Radford[/name_m]. Taking into consideration our last name starts with an M, we could also call the kid m&m. Lol.
We also still like [name_m]Leon[/name_m] and the husband still like [name_m]Niles[/name_m], I do as well, and parker is not off the docket yet but I still feel it is a bit common and over used. [name_m]William[/name_m] is still a good family name for us as well as [name_m]Radford[/name_m]
Anyone have any ideas for names that either have a name with a K sound in it or and R sound in it that would pair well with our daughters name [name_f]Kara[/name_f] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]-[name_f]May[/name_f]?