Baby boy Name Locke?

I love this name but can’t find it used as a 1st name online anywhere, though it is in almost every name book I have. “[name]Locke[/name]” Origin is Austrailian and Old English meaning- Lives by the stronghold. My 2 yr old is [name]Nash[/name]. What are your thoughts on [name]Locke[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you think it go’s with [name]Nash[/name]. Nameberry’s comment for this name is, “Stylishly strong, supermasculine one-syllable name.” What do you think???

I think you had a few threads with this topic not too long ago, and if I recall correctly, the vast majority of posters didn’t care for the name, and instead preferred the name [name]Lachlan[/name], with [name]Lock[/name] as a nickname.

Good luck!

My question before was if they liked ganon or [name]Locke[/name] better. What name would they pick out of the 2, but I just don’t really think I want to use [name]Ganon[/name] anymore, but still struggling with [name]Locke[/name]. [name]Don[/name]'t like [name]Lachlan[/name]. =(

when I hear ‘[name]Locke[/name] [name]Nash[/name]’ …I hear ‘[name]Loch[/name] Ness’ (as in the Scottish Monster). It does not really work for me though I do like the name [name]Locke[/name] (as a LOST fan) x

Well, I have to say, I like the name [name]Locke[/name], and think it goes very well with [name]Nash[/name]. It’s a certain new surname-y style, but feels fresh and strong at the same time and is much better, to my mind, than the two-syllable, n-ending surname-names that have become pandemic. I much prefer it to [name]Ganon[/name]. It might not suit the taste of people who prefer more conventional boys’ names but seems nicely in step with your taste.

We considered naming our second son [name]Pike[/name] (my husband really likes to fish) or [name]Penn[/name] (long before [name]Penn[/name] Badgley) and everyone thought we were insane, but i still like those names (16 years later) and sometimes wish we’d gone with one of them.

I’m from Australia and [name]Lachlan[/name] is REALLY popular and for good reason! It’s a super boys name. About 90% of Lachlans here get Lachie (this spelling for short) but it is common to shorten everything here. haha

I love this spelling [name]Locke[/name] and it goes well with [name]Nash[/name].

But [name]Nash[/name] being the older child, don’t people usually refer to the eldest 1st as in [name]Nash[/name] & [name]Locke[/name]?