Baby brother name for Winston!

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I can’t decide on a boy name for baby #2, joining our son [name_m]Winston[/name_m]! We loved Winston’s name so much. Now we can’t find anything for the second boy that 1) sounds good with [name_m]Winston[/name_m] 2) is more unique Aka not in the top 100 boy names and 3) is easy enough to say in both Spanish and [name_f]English[/name_f].

We’ve so far thought of:

Charles/Charlie - husband loves it, feels overused to me but still super cute.

Beckett/Beck

[name_m]Calvin[/name_m] - already a lot of these at Winston’s daycare so makes me nervous

[name_m]Roman[/name_m] - love, but our last name ends in “man” so it’s a bit wordy.

We’ve tried to find meaningful options but striking out there by looking at family tree, our hobbies/passions etc. Any ideas!?

1 Like

Beckett\Beck is my personal favorite! I think it would be so cute with [name_m]Winston[/name_m]!

Other ideas:
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_u]Asher[/name_u]
[name_m]Nash[/name_m]
[name_u]Dempsey[/name_u]
Lincoln\Link
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Pierce[/name_u]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Oslo[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_u]Blake[/name_u]

Good luck!

1 Like

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] is so lovely! Such a wonderful name. Here are a few I could absolutely see as a brother to [name_m]Winston[/name_m] …
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_u]Edward[/name_u]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_m]Ichabod[/name_m] (a lot for most people, but I adore it!)
[name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Ian[/name_m]
[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]
[name_m]Willem[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Kent[/name_m]
[name_m]Randall[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_m]Zachary[/name_m]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] and…

[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Hugo[/name_m]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_u]Franklin[/name_u]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Lorcan[/name_m]
[name_m]Lysander[/name_m]
[name_u]Griffin[/name_u]
[name_m]Neville[/name_m]
[name_m]Alec[/name_m]
[name_m]Alistair[/name_m]

1 Like

I love [name_m]Roman[/name_m] but if it doesn’t work with your surname then my second choice would probably be [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]. It actually goes really well with [name_m]Winston[/name_m] the more I think about it. Charles/Charlie is lovely but it does feel a little too common next to the more quirky, stately [name_m]Winston[/name_m].

Here are some other ideas:

[name_m]Rufus[/name_m]
[name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Maximus[/name_m]
[name_u]Rex[/name_u]
[name_u]Arthur[/name_u]
[name_m]Sebastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Rafferty[/name_m]
[name_m]Silas[/name_m]
[name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m]
[name_m]Magnus[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Lucien[/name_m]
[name_m]Tobias[/name_m]
[name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Edmund[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m]
[name_u]Axel[/name_u]
[name_m]Bastian[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Leopold[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlowe[/name_u]
[name_u]Idris[/name_u]
[name_m]Orlando[/name_m]
[name_u]Jasper[/name_u]
[name_m]Finbar[/name_m]
[name_m]Alastair[/name_m]
[name_u]Ziggy[/name_u]
[name_m]Fraser[/name_m]
[name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_m]Wilfred[/name_m]
[name_m]Rupert[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

1 Like

The names you have considered are so sweet! But I know what you mean when it comes to finding a match you love just as much !

[name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] ! It looks like @tbonsanti think similarly, as I was also leaning toward surnamey names . [name_m]Harvey[/name_m] means eager for battle / strong worthy . It is an old [name_f]English[/name_f] [name_u]French[/name_u] name (similarly to Winston)

I will also suggest :
[name_m]Orson[/name_m] Latin in origin. Means bear cub. Not currently ranked in the top 1000 names . I love that it has ties to [name_m]Orson[/name_m] [name_m]Wells[/name_m]

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]- this name I feel like is up and coming. I have only met one but I think it’s one of those names we will hear more of. [name_m]German[/name_m] for wealthy . Derived from [name_m]Otto[/name_m] . Currently ranked in the 700’s for popularity

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] - Latin for conquering. It’s one of those names that also international. It popularity changes throughout the world so in the US it’s ranked 121, but it’s 34 in [name_u]Sweden[/name_u]

[name_m]Chester[/name_m] - Latin for fortress / walled town. It was dropped off in popularity but [name_m]Tom[/name_m] hanks has a son named [name_m]Chester[/name_m]. I also think the nickname [name_m]Chet[/name_m] is sweet

[name_u]Edward[/name_u]- [name_f]English[/name_f] for wealthy guardian . Ranked 195 in 2020. I also love all the nickname potential- [name_m]Ed[/name_m], [name_u]Eddie[/name_u], [name_m]Ned[/name_m], [name_m]Ted[/name_m] , [name_m]Ward[/name_m]

[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]- personally I am such a sucker for this name ! Everyone I hear it I feel like I fall more in love ! [name_f]English[/name_f] name for keeper of provisions/ house steward . Currently ranked 316 in the US in 2020 but 64 in Australia. Also it was [name_m]Winston[/name_m] Churchill’s middle name and the maiden name of [name_f]Princess[/name_f] [name_f]Dianna[/name_f]

[name_m]Grant[/name_m] - means large and is Scottish in origin. I always think of [name_m]Hugh[/name_m] [name_m]Grant[/name_m]

[name_m]Kirk[/name_m] /Kirkland/Kirkpatrick - [name_m]Kirk[/name_m] is Norse for church . At the names peak in the 60’s [name_m]Kirk[/name_m] was ranked 162 for most popular names. Currently it’s about 975 in popularity

Clifford/ [name_m]Clifton[/name_m] - [name_f]English[/name_f] name for lives by the cliff . It’s also pretty low in popularity

[name_m]Bartlett[/name_m] - derived from [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m] , which is Hebrew for son of the earth. [name_u]Barrett[/name_u] I feel puts a fresh spin on a historic name

[name_m]Clement[/name_m] - means mild and merciful. It is Latin in origin. According to babynames it’s ranked in the 300’s for popularity but it looks like it fell off the top 1000 chart after 1968

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Orson[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Chester[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_u]Edward[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Kirk[/name_m] , Kirkpatrick, [name_m]Kirkland[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_u]Clifford[/name_u]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Bartlett[/name_m]
[name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_m]Clement[/name_m]

1 Like

my first thought was clarence! :honeybee:

it gives me the same vibes as calvin and charles from your list. beckett would be my second choice.

good luck! :seedling:

1 Like

I know a young [name_m]Winston[/name_m] with a brother named [name_u]Bennett[/name_u]. Either [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] or [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] works very well!

1 Like

Thank you SO much guys! @Greyblue @TDFM my husband and I actually both love [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] - But his cousin just named their 5 month old boy that so I think it’s off limits :frowning: we both love [name_m]Bastian[/name_m] / Nn: Bash or something like that, not sure? [name_f]My[/name_f] only concerns are - is it too close to [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and does it sound too close to bastard? Hopefully this is a reach…and I’m crazy lol but want to think of all pros and cons. More worried about “bastard” than family likeness to [name_m]Seb[/name_m]! That baby so goes mostly by his middle name so could consider [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] I guess??

1 Like

I love [name_m]Clement[/name_m]! I think my husband will hate it, but going to check :slight_smile: same with [name_m]Otto[/name_m] and [name_m]Orson[/name_m].

Thank you! [name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_u]Bennett[/name_u] too

Thank you! I love [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] and [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (which is actually a family name on my side) will run them by my husband!

1 Like

Winston & ________:

Lionel
Cecil
Malcom
Calix
Nero
Darius
Franklin
Noam
Percy
Harland
Desmond
Felix
Leland
Lucien
Enzo
August/Augustin/Magnus “Gus”
Cassius
Emil
Florien
Ignatius
Ulisses

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] is super cool :blue_heart:

Okay from your list my favourite is definitely [name_u]Beckett[/name_u]. I absolutely love the name [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] such a handsome choice with this distinguished vibe. [name_m]Winston[/name_m] & [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] are gorgeous together!
Also I’m thinking there are so reservations surrounding [name_u]Beckett[/name_u] so this is a plus point.

You’ve had a few ideas so count any repeats as me being in agreement with the berries

[name_m]Winston[/name_m] and…

[name_u]Roscoe[/name_u]
[name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Cyrus[/name_m]
[name_u]Archer[/name_u]
[name_m]Harris[/name_m]
[name_f]Devereux[/name_f]
[name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_u]Pax[/name_u]
[name_u]Maddox[/name_u]
[name_u]Rocco[/name_u]

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

I like Charles/Charlie & [name_m]Calvin[/name_m] most with [name_m]Winston[/name_m]!

Other suggestions:

[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Cole[/name_m]
[name_m]Conrad[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_u]George[/name_u]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Harvey[/name_m]
[name_u]Henry[/name_u]
[name_u]Lee[/name_u]
[name_u]Presley[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Russell[/name_m]
[name_u]Walter[/name_u]
[name_m]Wes[/name_m]
[name_u]Wesley[/name_u]

Some that might be easiest to pronounce in Spanish:

[name_u]Cody[/name_u]
[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]
[name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]
[name_u]Milo[/name_u]
[name_u]Oliver[/name_u]

I love [name_m]Winston[/name_m] so much! We were very close to naming our third son [name_m]Winston[/name_m], in fact, but ended up deciding [name_m]Truett[/name_m] suited him more. I see you like [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] but it’s off limits. [name_f]My[/name_f] oldest son is [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] “Bash.” I think [name_m]Bastien[/name_m] pairs nicely with [name_m]Winston[/name_m]. [name_f]My[/name_f] other son is [name_m]Conrad[/name_m], which I also think is a great match. [name_u]Win[/name_u] and [name_m]Rad[/name_m] are cute brother names.

You all were so helpful with our last babes name! We are expecting our 3rd, sister to Winston and Beckett. Here are our options so far:

Addison - probably my current fave
Colette - love but too popular?
Hailey - dh #1. I’m afraid it’s too popular and too many different spellings?
Gwen - too close to Winnie, Nn for our Winston?
Juliet/juliette
Keeley
Lucia
Lena (Leh-na not Leeena) afraid this would get mispronounced
Marion
Whitney - Dh likes but it seems too close to Winston

We are not British but clearly lean towards English names. Also love more quirky versus super common or popular names.

@Greyblue
@danilib
@snowmaiden
@emeraldsea
@Ehrob1
@somemelodioussonnet
@TDFM
@bjoy
@wilkie8709
@tori101

2 Likes

You have a great list! [name_f]My[/name_f] favorites with the brothers’ names are [name_f]Colette[/name_f], [name_f]Hailey[/name_f], [name_f]Juliette[/name_f], & [name_f]Lena[/name_f].

Are you looking for more suggestions?

[name_f]Addi[/name_f]
[name_m]Alex[/name_m]
[name_f]Alexandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_m]Avi[/name_m]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f]
[name_f]Josephine[/name_f]
[name_f]Louisa[/name_f]
[name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Makayla[/name_f]
[name_f]Mira[/name_f]
[name_f]Mirabelle[/name_f]
[name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_f]Polly[/name_f]
[name_f]Rae[/name_f]
[name_f]Sophie[/name_f]
[name_f]Susannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Vivi[/name_f]
[name_f]Zuzu[/name_f]

1 Like

oh, my choice is lena! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

classic like winston, modern sound like beckett, i think she’s pretty perfect!

if you’re looking for suggestions, however, i’ll offer sylvie, mabel, and flora :bouquet:

1 Like

[name_m]Welcome[/name_m] back @Amydnyc and congratulations on a little girl !

Here is my super long winded answer.

[name_f]My[/name_f] personal favourites from your top contenders are

• [name_f]Colette[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Gwen[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Marion[/name_f]
  • [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] hesitation with [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] & [name_f]Colette[/name_f] is that I think the similar “ ette “ endings are too close to [name_m]Beckett[/name_m] however I actually LOVE these names

I personally don’t think [name_f]Gwen[/name_f] and [name_m]Winston[/name_m] are too close , but could the alternatives [name_f]Gwenyth[/name_f] or [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] work ?

[name_f]Marion[/name_f] I think fits PERFECTLY from your options it’s my favourite paired with [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]. I do have pause because people could misspell or hear it as [name_f]Marianne[/name_f]

I feel like [name_f]Hailey[/name_f] is too modern and the multiple accepted spellings may be a future headache. I think it’s a pretty name but I feel like it just doesn’t fit

[name_f]Addison[/name_f] fits the surnamey feels , but to me it doesn’t hold that old [name_f]English[/name_f] charm

[name_f]Keeley[/name_f] is sweet but again doesn’t have that vintage feel and charm that Winston’s name has. I think it works but I’m not head over heels for it

[name_f]Lena[/name_f] and [name_f]Lucia[/name_f] will be mispronounced - however I think [name_f]Leona[/name_f] or [name_f]Lucy[/name_f] is PERFECT For you

[name_f]Whitney[/name_f] just feels too close to [name_m]Winston[/name_m] and 80’s

[name_f]My[/name_f] suggestions are
[name_f]Agnes[/name_f] / [name_f]Agatha[/name_f]
[name_f]Bridget[/name_f]
[name_f]Eileen[/name_f]
[name_f]Colleen[/name_f] ( [name_f]Collette[/name_f] alternative? )

1 Like