Baby due soon! Can't decide

[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] has been strong since the beginning. [name_f]My[/name_f] issue, as you can see, is that a lot of people prefer [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. I adore [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] so it is wonderful to see someone prefer it too.

1 Like

[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] has been strong since the beginning. [name_f]My[/name_f] issue, as you can see, is that a lot of people prefer [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. I adore [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] so it is wonderful to see someone love it like I do.

Araminty, what would you put with [name_f]Cilka[/name_f]?

Have you thought about spelling Silka this way? It would help clarify the pronunciation, though I do like the look of [name_f]Cilka[/name_f]. I wouldn’t have known how to pronounce it without your explanation though.

Some [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] combos I like using your list:

[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_f]Anouk[/name_f]
[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f] [name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_u]Roux[/name_u]
[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Lilou[/name_f]
[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_f]Daphne[/name_f] [name_f]Naia[/name_f]
[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_f]Dulcie[/name_f] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Cilka[/name_f] [name_u]Hazel[/name_u] [name_f]Clementine[/name_f]

1 Like

To spell Silka like this would be to make up the spelling. It is spelt [name_f]Silke[/name_f] or [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] (depending on whether you go with the [name_m]German[/name_m] variant or not) and I’m not one for made up spelling. I like the elegance of [name_f]Cilka[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for that explanation bonnie_pockley. I didn’t know the origin of [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] as I hadn’t seen it before. I do love the elegance of [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] too, and think people would quickly learn the spelling and pronunciation. I’m not one for made up spelling particularly either, just hadn’t realised the background of it. Fascinating, beautiful name!

3 Likes

No 5 for me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I love that you love it! [name_u]Kindred[/name_u] spirits in name taste. It means a lot because it mean we aren’t alone in seeing its beauty. Thank you!

Still rooting for [name_f]Cilka[/name_f]! [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] Anöuk [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] is beautiful :star2:

Thanks lovely! I love it too. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Naia[/name_f] Anöuk [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] really stands out to me! Perhaps save [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] for a second child if you so desire?

1 Like

I already have 10 year old twins! Lol. This is the 3rd and the last. [name_f]My[/name_f] twins are Inca (f) and [name_u]Pax[/name_u] (m).

1 Like

Oh okay, well in that case I still heavily favor [name_f]Naia[/name_f] over [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] but that changes my opinion to [name_f]Naia[/name_f] [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] Anöuk

1 Like

I appreciate your input! So, may I ask, when you hear [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] do you like it at all? I see so much beauty in both names. It constantly surprises me that one is so heavily favoured over the other and to me, these are from a similar vein. Trying to understand it better.

For example, I understand that many people would like [name_f]Delilah[/name_f] and [name_f]Tallulah[/name_f] as names because they have a similar feel. [name_u]Or[/name_u], say, [name_f]Jessica[/name_f] and [name_f]Claudia[/name_f]. To me, [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] and [name_f]Naia[/name_f] have similar resonance but one is more celestial (Cilka (pronounced Silk-a) means heavenly Lily) and one is more watery - (Naia which means water nymph). I’m trying to work out why people don’t respond to [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] but do respond to [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. Any insight would be very much appreciated. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband favours [name_f]Cilka[/name_f].

1 Like

I actually favor the sound and look of [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] to [name_f]Naia[/name_f] - the reason I didn’t jump on it immediately as the first name is because (though I like names that are not trending) it is a little unfamiliar to myself and most people in my area. Im afraid of both giving my kid too popular of a new name but also too obscure.
I feel [name_f]Cilka[/name_f] is quite obscure compared to [name_f]Naia[/name_f]. But thats just me, if you really like it don’t let that stop you.

2 Likes

Thank you! This is actually really helpful! I’ve very grateful for you taking the time to respond and give me more insight. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For me it goes