baby due very soon and down to 2 names HELP!!!!!

Hello, I know that I have another post but from that I have narrowed the names down to 2!
Here they are: [name]Kerrigan[/name] [name]Grace[/name], or [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. What are your thoughts and which one would you pick. I also had one other one in mind that I wanted to throw out there. [name]Ellington[/name] [name]Joy[/name]!

I prefer [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] to [name]Kerrigan[/name] [name]Grace[/name] for sure. With [name]Kerrigan[/name] all I think of is Nany [name]Kerrigan[/name] and then her sad crying face asking “Whyyyy???” After the [name]Tanya[/name] [name]Harding[/name] incident.

I think [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is a beautiful name and she can go by [name]Leigh[/name], [name]Leelee[/name], [name]Leela[/name], or other nicknames. [name]Just[/name] beautiful!

I vote for [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] :slight_smile:

I’d have to go with [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name], too, because in addition to the [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Kerrigan[/name] knee-whacking debacle ([name]Erin[/name], your post cracked me up…), [name]Kerrigan[/name] [name]Grace[/name] is really G-heavy.

As for [name]Ellington[/name], I only think of [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name], and think the name is very masculine. :frowning:

What about Carrington, which combines [name]Kerrigan[/name] and [name]Ellington[/name], but with more femininity?

Best wishes to you!

[name]Will[/name] you pronounce [name]Leighton[/name] lay-ton or lee-ton?

I think [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is gorgeous, but I would pronounce it lay-ton.

I have to go against the tide here and say I prefer [name]Kerrigan[/name]. [name]Leighton[/name] Meester is a much more present pop culture force, I think, than [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Kerrigan[/name]. Also, the lay-ton lee-ton thing is going to be interminable. I agree on the g-heaviness, though – why does the middle name have to be [name]Grace[/name]? Or [name]Rose[/name]? I like [name]Ellington[/name], also, but are you a [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name] fan? I think you kind of have to be.

I have to agree with [name]Pam[/name], I too prefer [name]Kerrigan[/name], and no kids will know about [name]Nancy[/name]. I do, however, very much like the middle name [name]Grace[/name] with it:)

My favorite is definitely [name]Ellington[/name] [name]Joy[/name], I really like that combo. I agree with [name]Pam[/name] that [name]Leighton[/name] Meester is much more of a pop-culture presence than [name]Nancy[/name] [name]Kerrigan[/name], but I don’t necessarily think that it matters. I think it really comes down to what you prefer. Thought I’d throw Lexington out there, seems like your style, but I’ve never seen anyone consider it!

I love [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name]. I don’t think [name]Leighton[/name] Meester has too much bad connotation - her character is Gossip Girl can be awful, but I don’t think [name]Blair[/name] Waldorf will be what people think of when they hear her name. That could just be me though, I don’t usually associate actor/actress names with the character they play.
Anyway, I think that [name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds and looks the best, and, if I were you, I would definitely choose it.

[name]Kerrigan[/name] is definitely my favorite of your choices. However, I also like [name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of Carrington as well. I am a bit biased though as I really like both of those names.
I too agree that [name]Kerrigan[/name] would sound better with a different middle name if you are not using [name]Grace[/name] for family reasons. All the best!

Hello, thank you for all of your help. I thought about it and I do think that [name]Kerrigan[/name] [name]Grace[/name] might have to many g’s so I thought about [name]Kerrigan[/name] [name]Joy[/name]. I have consulted my husband and we have decided on [name]Ellington[/name] [name]Joy[/name]! What do you think?

I honestly think of [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name], but that’s just me. :slight_smile: I do think you’re going to get a lot of, “Oh, like [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name]?” comments, and people will most likely assume that he was the inspiration for the name. This may not bother you, of course, but it’s something to consider. [name]Duke[/name] and [name]Ellington[/name] are connected to me just like Cosby is with [name]Bill[/name] and Aniston is with [name]Jennifer[/name].

Yay! I think it’s a great choice! I think [name]Ellington[/name] is related to [name]Duke[/name], but I don’t think you have to be a huge fan of him to use the name. People may ask about it, but is that such a big deal? I think [name]Ellington[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is super cute, and I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Joy[/name] as a middle name.

Sorry, but I can’t imagine these names on anyone.

I like a combination of your choices: [name]Ellington[/name] [name]Rose[/name]
These days the rules are out the window on whether a name is traditionally a man’s or a woman’s, and [name]Ellington[/name] lends itself to feminine nicknames such as [name]Elle[/name] or [name]Ellie[/name]. I think [name]Ellie[/name] [name]Rose[/name] is cute!

[name]Ellington[/name] [name]Joy[/name] is cute! I didn’t think of [name]Duke[/name] at all, actually. I thought oh cute, nn E.J.

I like [name]Ellington[/name], but I don’t like [name]Joy[/name]. [name]Ellington[/name] doesn’t make me think of [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name] immediately. And I love [name]Duke[/name] [name]Ellington[/name]. You could call her [name]Ellie[/name] for short even though [name]Ellie[/name] is very popular. I like that nn a lot!

[name]Leighton[/name] [name]Rose[/name] by far…[name]Ellington[/name] and [name]Kerrigan[/name] both sound very masculine to me.